The weight of the HS

Beanieboy

Senior Veteran
Jan 20, 2006
✟50,122.00
Faith
Christian
Has the HS every weighed something on your heart, like "I want you to do this" or "I want you to say this" and you didn't want to or resisted?

It easy to think "oh just obey" but it's a difficult thing that meets resistance.

And how do you discern that is from the HS?

Can you describe how the HS weighs thongs on your heart?

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Has the HS every weighed something on your heart, like "I want you to do this" or "I want you to say this" and you didn't want to or resisted?

It easy to think "oh just obey" but it's a difficult thing that meets resistance.

The Holy Spirit speaks through love the truths of Scripture that is how you know that it would be good to obey Him. When love, compassion, generosity, caring, sharing or praying for is the order of the day.

The devil on the other hand pesters us with demands that we must do this or that before God will be happy with us. Never heed his voice for he lies about God's will and enslaves you to works all over again.

Peace.

• Agree
Reactions: saved24
Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The Holy Spirit? Yes.

When it's myself doing the talking subconsciously, it's different in a manner that I'm having trouble with putting into words. The best way to summarize it is, I have mistaken some of my own thoughts for God's input - but I will not mistake God's input for anyone else's. That's not a statement of how well I listen, it is a statement for how God speaks. (And I like to think that I'm better at listening and discerning than I was 20 years ago, when I was mistaking some of my thoughts for God's input.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced

Yes. It can be a simple "knowing", a quiet peace about a course of action or a heart assurance. There have been times when I've seriously not wanted God's will. That produces inner turmoil and conflict. It only ends when I capitulate.

The other effect is on the conscience. I refused God on an issue, then obeyed later. I did not confess the original refusal as sin. I assumed that belated obedience took care of the issue. It did not. After some time the Lord showed me something about my conscience. Every time I thought about the incident, I had almost a physical pain, like the listeners on the day of Pentecost. Lord Jesus told me to apply His precious blood to my conscience and I did. That was the end of it.

Upvote 0