✟1,358,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
2 Peter 2:1-3 ESV

“But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing upon themselves swift destruction. And many will follow their sensuality, and because of them the way of truth will be blasphemed. And in their greed they will exploit you with false words. Their condemnation from long ago is not idle, and their destruction is not asleep.”

False Teachers

False teachers are definitely now among us, and they are many in number and are multiplying. And the masses are following them for they are telling them what their itching ears want to hear. And they don’t have to be people who are in any official position of rule or authority over anyone, but they can be anyone who is sharing the Scriptures with other people and who is sharing what they are getting from the Scriptures.

Yet, when I speak of false teachers, I am speaking of those who are deliberately saying what they know is false with the full intention of deceiving people into believing their lies. And they are those who are deliberately on the attack against those who are speaking the truth of the Scriptures. And so they willfully twist the Scriptures to make them say what they do not say. For these people are not of God, but of Satan.

These are people who fake their Christianity so that others who profess faith in Jesus Christ will listen to them. These are those who are not living in submission and in surrender of their lives to Jesus Christ, but who are still walking according to the flesh, and not according to the Spirit. And so they alter and rework and falsify the truth of the gospel and the character of God, of Christ, in order to justify their lies.

Many of them are teaching a gospel message which makes no requirements for repentance (turning from sin), for dying with Christ to sin, and for living to God and to his righteousness. They make no requirements for walks of surrender and submission and obedience to our Lord, and none for us to be living holy and godly and morally pure, upright, honest, and faithful lives to the glory and praise of God. For they call that “works salvation.”

And so they find ways of excusing away sin by calling it something other than what it is. But sin is not of God, nor of the will of God, but it is of the devil and of the flesh and of the will of man. And it is against God. And if sin is what we practice, and if righteousness is not what we practice, it will land us in hell and not in heaven. And some biblical examples of sin are things such as lying, cheating, stealing, committing adultery and sexual immorality.

[Romans 1:18-32; 1 Corinthians 6:9-10; Galatians 5:16-21; Ephesians 4:17-32; Ephesians 5:3-6; Colossians 3:5-11; 1 Thessalonians 4:1-8]

Walking in Sin

And speaking of sexual immorality, these false teachers of the people are leading many people astray to follow after their sensuality. Another word for this is licentiousness, and it means “immorality, depravity, shamelessness, wickedness, corruption, dishonesty, wantonness, self-indulgence, outrageous conduct, conduct shocking to public decency and lewdness – smut, obscenity, impurity, inappropriate contentography, and the rejecting of restraint.”

And they are able to get away with this because they just call sin something else. For example, I was in a ladies Bible study group at a local church gathering about ten years ago, I think it was, and I brought up the subject of someone who was living in sexual immorality and in sexual addiction (idolatry). And their response back to me was to tell me that this person could not help it, for it was a sickness, a disease. Wrong!

And this is what many people are doing, excusing away sin by lessoning its true nature and by calling it some psychological illness that people can’t help. Or they claim that when they “believe” in Jesus that all sins are forgiven and so they can keep sinning without it counting against them. Or they say that God can no longer see when they sin, but that when he looks at them, all he sees is Jesus, even if they are vegging out on immorality.

But the truth of the Scriptures teaches the opposite of that. They teach that we are without excuse if we, after having been shown the divine nature of God choose to suppress the truth and to follow the lies, instead. We are without excuse if we exchange the truth about God for a lie, and if we worship and serve the created rather than the Creator who is God – Father, Son (Jesus Christ), and Holy Spirit (one God in three persons).

We are without excuse if after having made a profession of faith in Jesus Christ we go right back to living in sin, doing what we know is evil and is against God, yet all the while making excuses for our sinful behaviors or by lessoning or rebranding sin so as to make it less offensive and not something against God and not something that can affect our eternal security. But God will judge those who deliberately walk in sin.

For Jesus Christ said that not everyone who says to him, “Lord, Lord,” will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one DOING the will of God the Father who is in heaven. And he said that if we want to come after him we must deny self, take up our cross daily (die daily to sin and to self) and follow him (in obedience to his commands). For if we hold on to sin, and if we do not renounce sin to obey our Lord, we will not inherit eternal life.

So, please take this to heart. Don’t be a hypocrite who professes faith in Jesus Christ but who then lives like the devil and/or who yields to the devil and to sin on an addictive and deliberate basis, and who then opposes God and the truth of His Word, and who attacks his messengers who are bringing the truth of the Scriptures to the people. Surrender your lives to Jesus Christ today, forsake your sins, and follow Jesus in obedience and in holy living.

[Matt 7:21-23; Matt 24:9-14; Lu 9:23-26; Rom 1:18-32; Rom 2:6-8; Rom 6:1-23; Rom 8:1-14,24; Rom 12:1-2; Rom 13:11; 1 Co 6:9-10,19-20; 2 Co 5:10,15,21; 1 Co 1:18; 1 Co 15:1-2; 2 Tim 1:8-9; Heb 9:28; 1 Pet 1:5; Gal 5:16-21; Gal 6:7-8; Eph 2:8-10; Eph 4:17-32; Eph 5:3-6; Col 1:21-23; Col 3:5-17; 1 Pet 2:24; Tit 2:11-14; 1 Jn 1:5-9; 1 Jn 2:3-6,24-25; 1 Jn 3:4-10; Heb 3:6,14-15; Heb 10:23-31; Heb 12:1-2; Rev 21:8,27; Rev 22:14-15]

Broken Cord

An Original Work / August 29, 2018

Your bond is broken with your Lord and Savior
And your testimony is separate from Him.
Your words not matching your actions today.
Repent of your sin and bow down and pray.
Live what you testify in truth always.

Purity’s lacking in your life and witness,
For you profess one thing, but other you do.
Not moral, spiritual. Still of the flesh.
Not living in truth to what you confess.
Lying about it puts you in a mess.

Living a lie is your practice, ‘tis true of you.
Masquerade righteousness – none of it true.
Your heart is not given to your Lord God.
Because of how you live, you are a fraud.
Turn from your sin and give your life to God.

B Griffin

Sep 4, 2011
Georgia
✟48,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Forgiveness has a prominant place in the gospel from two perspectives. First, there is forgiveness from the Master concerning debts we owe Him but cannot repay. Second, there is forgiveness from one servant to another servant concerning debts one servant owes the other but cannot repay. Per Jesus' instruction in verse 35 below, a servant who from his heart does not forgive a fellow servant's sin against him, does not enjoy the benefits of the Master's forgiveness of his sins against Him.

21 Then Peter came to Him and said, “Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? Up to seven times?”​

22 Jesus said to him, “I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven. 23 Therefore the kingdom of heaven is like a certain king who wanted to settle accounts with his servants. 24 And when he had begun to settle accounts, one was brought to him who owed him ten thousand talents. 25 But as he was not able to pay, his master commanded that he be sold, with his wife and children and all that he had, and that payment be made. 26 The servant therefore fell down before him, saying, ‘Master, have patience with me, and I will pay you all.’ 27 Then the master of that servant was moved with compassion, released him, and forgave him the debt.​

28 “But that servant went out and found one of his fellow servants who owed him a hundred denarii; and he laid hands on him and took him by the throat, saying, ‘Pay me what you owe!’ 29 So his fellow servant fell down at his feet and begged him, saying, ‘Have patience with me, and I will pay you all.’ 30 And he would not, but went and threw him into prison till he should pay the debt. 31 So when his fellow servants saw what had been done, they were very grieved, and came and told their master all that had been done. 32 Then his master, after he had called him, said to him, ‘You wicked servant! I forgave you all that debt because you begged me. 33 Should you not also have had compassion on your fellow servant, just as I had pity on you?’ 34 And his master was angry, and delivered him to the torturers until he should pay all that was due to him.​

35 “So My heavenly Father also will do to you if each of you, from his heart, does not forgive his brother his trespasses.”​

[The New King James Version (Mt 18:21–35). (1982). Thomas Nelson.]​

Upvote 0