Australia
✟157,841.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't know if you are suggesting I am calling you stupid or a liar. To be clear, I am not doing those things. I am just trying to debate a subject with you.

I wasn't saying you were. I was explaining why I had certain people on ignore.

My "agenda" is pretty clear, I would have thought. The Bible does not say in any translation what day the earth was created on. It says "in the beginning ...". So, someone who believes the Bible presumably doesn't have a problem acknowledging that this could have been literally any time. It could have been on the first day of a six day creation, or it could have been billions of years ago. But the Bible is silent on that, so no one can truthfully argue it was made on the first day.

And I have never pushed for any particular named day. You can read any post I ever made on here, no mention of any particular day. So I don't know why you seem so focused on this.
You brought it up, you asked me. You made me think about something I had never even thought of before.
This is your thing not mine.

The beginning is at the start of the 6 days not billions of years ago
For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.
Like I said and will say again, it is the verses outside of Genesis that again and again show that everything was created perfect without death over 6 days.

So, since you believe the Bible, I am just asking you to confirm that the Bible does not assert a young earth.

The Bible certainly does indicate a young earth. How young isn't ours to know but certainly not billions of years old since that is only needed for evolution, the biggest lie Satan has ever told.
Now if scripture said that the heavens and earth were not included then you could say maybe the earth was created and left to sit for some undermined amount of time. But it doesn't, the creation of the heaven and the earth are included within those 6 days.

Now are we done yet with this pointless arguing? If you want a debate there are plenty of people here to debate. I am here to share with the interested.

I knew you would have nothing to say about all those questions you asked that I took time to answer. You were hoping I had no answer, because you don't want to know. If you don't want to know you are wasting my time. I am not yet retired, I have things to do.

Upvote 0

Derek1111

Oct 28, 2021
RAF Northolt
✟30,198.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married

And I have never pushed for any particular named day. You can read any post I ever made on here, no mention of any particular day. So I don't know why you seem so focused on this.
You brought it up, you asked me. You made me think about something I had never even thought of before.

For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.
Like I said and will say again, it is the verses outside of Genesis that again and again show that everything was created perfect without death over 6 days.

The Bible certainly does indicate a young earth. How young isn't ours to know but certainly not billions of years old since that is only needed for evolution, the biggest lie Satan has ever told.
Now if scripture said that the heavens and earth were not included then you could say maybe the earth was created and left to sit for some undermined amount of time. But it doesn't, the creation of the heaven and the earth are included within those 6 days.

Now are we done yet with this pointless arguing? If you want a debate there are plenty of people here to debate. I am here to share with the interested.

I knew you would have nothing to say about all those questions you asked that I took time to answer. You were hoping I had no answer, because you don't want to know. If you don't want to know you are wasting my time. I am not yet retired, I have things to do.

OK, see ya

Upvote 0

Job 33:6

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟296,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Geologists published on an old earth long before evolution was ever discovered.

Reactions: Dale
Upvote 0

Ted Kaz

Nov 7, 2021
Medina
✟18,920.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship

What's interesting about this somewhat surly (if you will) exchange between you two is that God apparently *rested* on the 7th day. Isn't that interesting? I don't think I've ever appreciated that fact before. What do you guys make of that? What's the author's intentions you reckon? That's a bit of an aside.

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,841.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What's interesting about this somewhat surly (if you will) exchange between you two is that God apparently *rested* on the 7th day. Isn't that interesting? I don't think I've ever appreciated that fact before. What do you guys make of that? What's the author's intentions you reckon? That's a bit of an aside.

I am just frustrated that people who have no intention of reading or thinking about what I have said keep asking questions, questions they don't want answers to. It's done for the sake of argument. It takes time to look through my notes and gather verses and write things up. I will gladly do that for someone who is actually interested.

God didn't need to rest for his own sake (Isaiah 40:28 He does not faint or grow weary;)so I always assumed this was for our sake. God giving us the week and the Sabbath. I feel it does have greater significance but I am unsure as to what, I've never really looked into it.

It says the Hebrew word used in Genesis is shabat meaning to “to cease or stop.” rather than to "rest" So this could simply be the English translation not using the best words.
Why did God rest on the seventh day of creation (Genesis 2:2)? | GotQuestions.org
Maybe its something you want to look into some more. :)

Reactions: Ted Kaz
Upvote 0

Ted Kaz

Nov 7, 2021
Medina
✟18,920.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I am just frustrated that people who have no intention of reading or thinking about what I have said keep asking questions, questions they don't want answers to. It's done for the sake of argument. It takes time to look through my notes and gather verses and write things up. I will gladly do that for someone who is actually interested.

God didn't need to rest for his own sake (Isaiah 40:28 He does not faint or grow weary;)so I always assumed this was for our sake. God giving us the week and the Sabbath. I feel it does have greater significance but I am unsure as to what, I've never really looked into it.

It says the Hebrew word used in Genesis is shabat meaning to “to cease or stop.” rather than to "rest" So this could simply be the English translation not using the best words.
Why did God rest on the seventh day of creation (Genesis 2:2)? | GotQuestions.org

Interesting. Very well explained. Thank you.

• Friendly
Reactions: coffee4u
Upvote 0

Derek1111

Oct 28, 2021
RAF Northolt
✟30,198.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married

Yeah, I don't think it was a surly exchange. coffee4u is clearly a genuine and passionate believer; so am I; but we hold different beliefs about creation. It's hardly the kind of stuff schisms are made of.

Upvote 0