Not open for further replies.

Homie

Gods servant
Jul 8, 2002
Visit site
✟15,878.00
Faith
Christian
Is this organization a good organization were the money actually reaches the people, or has it become one of those big organizations were 80% of the money goes to administrative costs, such as buildings and so forth.

I wish to donate to an organization that helps persecuted christians and/or spreads the gospel and bibles in muslim countries.

any suggestions, any opinions on voice of the martyrs?

Chief117

Conservative Soldier for Christ
Jan 21, 2005
Indiana
Visit site
✟8,383.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My father-in-law publishes an international Christian paper (Herald of His Coming), and I know they have frequent contact with Voice of the Martyrs. I'm not so familiar with them myself, but I do also have a heart to assist in this ministry. It is my understanding that they are a very good, Godly ministry. Since my father-in-law supports them, I won't have any problem with their credibility.

Not that I can give you anything concrete, but from what I hear, this would be a very worthy ministry to support.

Upvote 0
O

okiemommy26

Upvote 0

brokenbananas

Senior Veteran
Apr 3, 2004
✟18,816.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I've been reading their stuff for quite some time now. They seem on the up and up, but we haven't felt led to donate to this organization yet. I hope we get to in the near future because there are many Christians around the world greatly persecuted for their faith that need our prayers and help.

Upvote 0
D

Dmckay

Voice of the Martyrs was started in cooperation with Joseph Wurmbrand who wrote Tortured for Christ and In G-d's Underground/. He spent 12 years in a Romanian Prison for his preaching for Christ. He was rearrested in 1953 and sentenced to 25 years. I met him when he spent a week speaking in Chapel at the Bible College that I went to. This man literally bore the scars of suffering for his stand for Christ in Communist countries.

To this day, I still feel the challenge that he left us with at the end of his week with us. He said, "If tomorrow it became illegal for you to live for Christ, would there be enough evidence of Christ in your life, to convict you?"

Unless they have changed dramatically in the last few years, and I do support them, then this is an organization you can trust.

Upvote 0

rosiecotton

Veteran
Mar 6, 2005
Indiana
Visit site
✟17,569.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Chief117 said:
My father-in-law publishes an international Christian paper (Herald of His Coming), and I know they have frequent contact with Voice of the Martyrs. I'm not so familiar with them myself, but I do also have a heart to assist in this ministry. It is my understanding that they are a very good, Godly ministry. Since my father-in-law supports them, I won't have any problem with their credibility.

Not that I can give you anything concrete, but from what I hear, this would be a very worthy ministry to support.

I receive that paper! I need to really sit and read them more thoroughly though. I haven't had a chance to do that.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.