Mar 7, 2002
✟37,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, we're finite creatures so I guess we will not really be able to answer that question with any surety. However, I imagine that God probably uses these threads to sanctify us, even if no one embraces the great truths of reformed Christianity because of our input. So, in that way that are most certainly of value. I know that I personally have to exercise a whole lot of patience, and I learn how little patience I have, when I engage in these types of threads.

My personal opinion is that our participation is valuable so long as we can answer in the Spirit. When we start getting angry and responding in anger they only serve to show our weakness and insult fellow Christians.

God bless

Reactions: rmwilliamsll
Upvote 0

Apollo Rhetor

Apr 19, 2003
✟15,952.00
Faith
Protestant
In the first thread, PYoung just wasn't very articulate. I don't think persuading or failing to persuade him of anything is an example of normal behaviour. It was amusing to see him claim that you were attacking his language because his arguments were good :)

My experience is that forums like these do little to change people's minds, but that is not always true. I have occasionally received thanks or encouragements from others on a different website that is usually very anti-Christian or anti-Creationist.

Upvote 0

cygnusx1

Jacob the twister.....
Apr 12, 2004
UK Northampton
Visit site
✟79,726.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Reformationist said:
Well, we're finite creatures so I guess we will not really be able to answer that question with any surety. However, I imagine that God probably uses these threads to sanctify us, even if no one embraces the great truths of reformed Christianity because of our input. So, in that way that are most certainly of value. I know that I personally have to exercise a whole lot of patience, and I learn how little patience I have, when I engage in these types of threads.

My personal opinion is that our participation is valuable so long as we can answer in the Spirit. When we start getting angry and responding in anger they only serve to show our weakness and insult fellow Christians.
wise words brother :wave:

Upvote 0

BBAS 64

Contributor
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
New England
✟512,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
rmwilliamsll said:
Is there any value in time spent answering anti-Reformed trolling here on christian forums?

for example:
http://www.christianforums.com/t733319
http://www.christianforums.com/t724910
Good Day, Rmwilliams, Don and fellow Reformed saints

I will assure you from my own personal jouney out of the traditions of men and because of some of you on this very fourm. I have a clear understanding of what the Doctrines of Grace are and what they truly mean.

YES, YES , YES a thousand times YES!! * wish you all could see me jumping up and down*

There is great value in those type of discussions, you all contribute to the critical thinking of many here in CF.

I thank each and every one of you for the time you have spent here and your work here to bring the gospel of the almighty here in this place. For those whom have never heard it or have a misunderstanding of it.

For His Glory Alone:clap:

Bill

Upvote 0

Beoga

Sola Scriptura
Feb 2, 2004
Visit site
✟19,681.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
I think it could be helpful, at least it is for me cause it sometimes challenges what I believes and it causes me to do more studying. It may not necessarily be helpful for the person trolling, but it could help others who are reading the posts understand things and challenge them in what they believe.

Upvote 0

oworm

Veteran
Nov 24, 2003
United States
Visit site
✟12,171.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
eutychus said:
I need to amend my above post to say that speaking with a troll who at least can achieve cognition on his own is worthwhile. Otherwise, it's a time-waster (but a good thing when you have insomnia, as I've witnessed tonight!).
Yes! As the first link by the OP showed. There really is no point in "taking the bait" Of course the title was worded in such a way that some of us were constrained to respond lol (myself included!) Maybe a little lesson for us that before jumping into an "anti reformed" thread on another forum we discuss it among ourselves first? was that what the OP of this thread was aiming at?

The Op of the thread in question seems to have been banned and may have been operating under an alias. We have had these types of posters before at CF and they usually end up being banned,anyone remember "Marcie"?
On both these occasions i have felt uncomfortable at the result. Ok we are not responsible for a persons words or attitudes but i cant help thinking that maybe i showed a lack of grace and tact in my own personal approach. I think if we are brutally honest with ourselves we knew what the Op meant by the words "premake" and "adhore" but we took him to task over words and he felt attacked and belittled. Dont get me wrong brothers and sisters,all you have to do is search my posts to see a fine example of one who jumps in with big boots and lambasts people!!

I recently showed a friend of mine this board and the first words out of his mouth was. " Your participation on cf is a ministry in itself " When you think about it the opportunities and possibilities are endless for being "salt and light"!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ClementofRome

Spelunking the most ancient caves of Xianity
May 27, 2004
✟5,769.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
oworm said:
Yes! As the first link by the OP showed. There really is no point in "taking the bait" Of course the title was worded in such a way that some of us were constrained to respond lol (myself included!) Maybe a little lesson for us that before jumping into an "anti reformed" thread on another forum we discuss it among ourselves first? was that what the OP of this thread was aiming at?

The Op of the thread in question seems to have been banned and may have been operating under an alias. We have had these types of posters before at CF and they usually end up being banned,anyone remember "Marcie"?
On both these occasions i have felt uncomfortable at the result. Ok we are not responsible for a persons words or attitudes but i cant help thinking that maybe i showed a lack of grace and tact in my own personal approach. I think if we are brutally honest with ourselves we knew what the Op meant by the words "premake" and "adhore" but we took him to task over words and he felt attacked and belittled. Dont get me wrong brothers and sisters,all you have to do is search my posts to see a fine example of one who jumps in with big boots and lambasts people!!

I recently showed a friend of mine this board and the first words out of his mouth was. " Your participation on cf is a ministry in itself " When you think about it the opportunities and possibilities are endless for being "salt and light"!
I want to personally thank you for that post. I am too easily sucked into discussions where my comments are not tempered with grace. I thoroughly enjoy some of the hot topics, but need to be reminded that "salt and light" is the only way to play! :)

Bless you and thank you oworm.

Upvote 0