Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
Just for reference, I am speaking as a Brit and a long standing respecter and friend of America. I've also been interceding for the USA since before the 2008 election.

Obviously my primary intercession concerns the UK, especially over the Brexit issue, and I've been crying out to the Lord for the return of Britain's independence and release from EU bondage for nearly 30 years.

Obviously few of us on this side of the pond have seen it, but I wanted to take a British view of the Declaration of Independence.
"We, therefore, the Representatives of the United States of America, in General Congress, Assembled, appealing to the Supreme Judge of the world for the rectitude of our intentions, do, in the Name, and by Authority of the good People of these Colonies, solemnly publish and declare, That these united Colonies are, and of Right ought to be Free and Independent States; that they are Absolved from all Allegiance to the British Crown, and that all political connection between them and the State of Great Britain, is and ought to be totally dissolved; and that as Free and Independent States, they have full Power to levy War, conclude Peace, contract Alliances, establish Commerce, and to do all other Acts and Things which Independent States may of right do. And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

This reminds me of what happened when Rehoboam took a high hand with taxation after the death of Solomon. The result was that Israel split with the ten northern tribes leaving Judah and Benjamin alone.

Scripture makes it clear that this was the Lord's doing, and when Rehoboam gathered an army to attack and restore the lost tribes, the Lord rebuked him and halted it.

In my view, America's split from Britain was also the Lord's doing, although sadly at the cost of much unnecessary blood on both sides. Britain's loss of the colonies was a self inflicted wound.

I also believe the declaration of Independence is a very spiritual document, written by men who were aware of the leading of the Lord in what they were doing.

So, where am I going with this?
Right now, Britain is at a crossroads. After a major battle in the heavenlies, the nation made a referendum decision to reclaim our God given independence once again. Unfortunately the global elites and the Westminster political class are determined to thwart the decision of the people. So yesterday, when I happened across the above document, it spoke deeply to me as being very apt for the circumstances Britain finds itself in.
I only wish our British politicians had the calibre of the original signatories.

So below, I present a modified version of the document. Any Brit reading it will see how representative it is of today's position, particularly the highlighted phrases.

Declaration of Independence of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

"We, therefore, the Representatives of the United States of America United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, in General Congress, Assembled, appealing to the Supreme Judge of the world for the rectitude of our intentions, do, in the Name, and by Authority of the good People of these Colonies this nation, solemnly publish and declare, That these united Colonies this Nation is, and of Right ought to be a Free and Independent States Nation; that they are Absolved from all Allegiance to the British Crown European Union, and that all political connection between them and the State of Great Britain European Union, is and ought to be totally dissolved; and that as a Free and Independent States Nation, they have full Power to levy War, conclude Peace, contract Alliances, establish Commerce, and to do all other Acts and Things which Independent States Nations may of right do. And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor Honour."

We may not be gathered together as revolutionary politicians, but just like the original signatories, we still make this appeal before the same Great Judge of all the World, believing He will do what is right.

Finally, as written, the US declaration made it clear that the US was absolved from all allegiance to Great Britain. However it also declares your independent right to contract alliances, and that is my point here.
Despite the Revolutionary War, based on our common spiritual and legal roots I believe that there is a natural brotherhood between our nations just like between Israel and Judah.
It is profitable that we pray for one another, and I appeal to my brothers in America for intercessory support to establish Britain's independence once again.
And I likewise shall continue praying for the US government.

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Just for reference, I am speaking as a Brit and a long standing respecter and friend of America. I've also been interceding for the USA since before the 2008 election.

Obviously my primary intercession concerns the UK, especially over the Brexit issue, and I've been crying out to the Lord for the return of Britain's independence and release from EU bondage for nearly 30 years.

Obviously few of us on this side of the pond have seen it, but I wanted to take a British view of the Declaration of Independence.
"We, therefore, the Representatives of the United States of America, in General Congress, Assembled, appealing to the Supreme Judge of the world for the rectitude of our intentions, do, in the Name, and by Authority of the good People of these Colonies, solemnly publish and declare, That these united Colonies are, and of Right ought to be Free and Independent States; that they are Absolved from all Allegiance to the British Crown, and that all political connection between them and the State of Great Britain, is and ought to be totally dissolved; and that as Free and Independent States, they have full Power to levy War, conclude Peace, contract Alliances, establish Commerce, and to do all other Acts and Things which Independent States may of right do. And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

This reminds me of what happened when Rehoboam took a high hand with taxation after the death of Solomon. The result was that Israel split with the ten northern tribes leaving Judah and Benjamin alone.

Scripture makes it clear that this was the Lord's doing, and when Rehoboam gathered an army to attack and restore the lost tribes, the Lord rebuked him and halted it.

In my view, America's split from Britain was also the Lord's doing, although sadly at the cost of much unnecessary blood on both sides. Britain's loss of the colonies was a self inflicted wound.

I also believe the declaration of Independence is a very spiritual document, written by men who were aware of the leading of the Lord in what they were doing.

Right now, Britain is at a crossroads. After a major battle in the heavenlies, the nation made a referendum decision to reclaim our God given independence once again. Unfortunately the global elites and the Westminster political class are determined to thwart the decision of the people. So yesterday, when I happened across the above document, it spoke deeply to me as being very apt for the circumstances Britain finds itself in.
I only wish our British politicians had the calibre of the original signatories.

So below, I present a modified version of the document. Any Brit reading it will see how representative it is of today's position, particularly the highlighted phrases.

Declaration of Independence of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

"We, therefore, the Representatives of the United States of America United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, in General Congress, Assembled, appealing to the Supreme Judge of the world for the rectitude of our intentions, do, in the Name, and by Authority of the good People of these Colonies this nation, solemnly publish and declare, That these united Colonies this Nation is, and of Right ought to be a Free and Independent States Nation; that they are Absolved from all Allegiance to the British Crown European Union, and that all political connection between them and the State of Great Britain European Union, is and ought to be totally dissolved; and that as a Free and Independent States Nation, they have full Power to levy War, conclude Peace, contract Alliances, establish Commerce, and to do all other Acts and Things which Independent States Nations may of right do. And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor Honour."

We may not be gathered together as revolutionary politicians, but just like the original signatories, we still make this appeal before the same Great Judge of all the World, believing He will do what is right.

Finally, as written, the US declaration made it clear that the US was absolved from all allegiance to Great Britain. However it also declares your independent right to contract alliances, and that is my point here.
Despite the Revolutionary War, based on our common spiritual and legal roots I believe that there is a natural brotherhood between our nations just like between Israel and Judah.
It is profitable that we pray for one another, and I appeal to my brothers in America for intercessory support to establish Britain's independence once again.

FLAG UK.gif

I surely will be praying for Britain, brother.

And thank you for praying for our country as well.

God bless us, ev'ry one :groupray:

• Friendly
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Basil the Great

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2009
✟721,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
Personally, Francis Drake, I believe that the Revolutionary War was an unjustified war from a Christian perspective. If I had been alive in 1776, I certainly would not have taken up arms against the King's army. Having said that, I believe that many of the wars that have been fought have not been justified from a Christian perspective. However, WWII is certainly in a different category and the evil there was on a level never before seen in modern history, so I see no alternative in that case but to have taken up arms.

Upvote 0

John Bowen

Site Supporter
Aug 16, 2018
dueba
✟48,940.00
Country
Fiji
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The " United " States Of America . What was the real reason behind the E.U. was to have a United Europe . Because of so many wars on that continent that if you look it up its unbelievable endless bloodshed. The Brits really need to look at "Are we able to cooperate with other people , given our current level of national consciousness. " .You can also find a scapegoat and blame that scapegoat for problems with that nation .That's what the politicians did with the E.U.

• Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
The " United " States Of America . What was the real reason behind the E.U. was to have a United Europe.
But they deliberately lied in stating that its purpose was merely a shared common market to facilitate trade. Their deception is fully documented, showing their intention to keep the true purpose hidden from the people to make them compliant to the politicians will.

Ted Heath was the Prime Minister who took Britain into the "Common Market" in the late seventies. In the 90s in a TV interview he admitted that he deliberately lied about the fact that Britain would be handing over our national sovereignty to a foreign power, saying that if he had told the truth, Parliament would never have permitted us to join.
It is most clear that in signing the European Act into law, PM Edward Heath was committing high treason to the Crown and people of Great Britain, at that time, a hanging offense!
From the start, the plan was to create a United States of Europe, partly to be able to take on America.
Because of so many wars on that continent that if you look it up its unbelievable endless bloodshed.
The European Continent is no different to the rest of the
world when it comes to its history of warfare.
The Brits really need to look at "Are we able to cooperate with other people , given our current level of national consciousness.
I've no idea what you are getting at here, but given our history, Britain has a good record of cooperation with other people. But that doesn't give them liberty to overrule our sovereignty.
" .You can also find a scapegoat and blame that scapegoat for problems with that nation .That's what the politicians did with the E.U.
Now sir, you reveal your ignorance of the facts.
Firstly, this has nothing to do with scapegoats, and secondly, you need to realise that it's not the politicians who are making this stand against the EU, its the British people.
The politicians are doing everything they can to halt Brexit, or make it a Brexit in name only.

• Winner
Reactions: Gigimo
Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟823,956.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

And yet the comparison falls short for several reasons:

1) If this was an oppressive regime suppressing British independence why aren't people fighting for this like the revolutionaries did against King George III?
2) The fact that we can just bloodlessly leave if we choose to indicates that we never lost the sovereignty that you claim we lost.
3) Americans stood to benefit from not paying taxes to an overseas authority and not having their lives regulated by said authority. Since that authority had already cleared away the main enemies to American expansion but was honouring treaty obligations that restricted American expansion e.g. vis a vis the Iroquois for instance, many Americans were becoming frustrated with the colonial government and thought it no longer represented the long term interests of Americans. But every study indicates the opposite for BREXIT. The British will be poorer as a result of BREXIT.

Upvote 0