the unpardonable sin

Status
Not open for further replies.

LessJay101

May 10, 2009
✟15,169.00
Faith
Christian
I'm worried I had committed this sin. I once cursed at the spirit in my head and now I'm not sure if God would forgive me. My cousin who is a pastor said to don't worry that I'm covered by the blood of the lamb..But I ain't quiet sure. I was studying this topic and many conclusion popped up that the unpardonable sin is to say that Jesus got his powers from satan or to continue rejection of Jesus Christ and his holy spirit convictions. I was soo worried on this topic that I started to think about the one that says Jesus get his power from satan that maybe I think this...but I didn't mean it and I know Jesus was powered by the Holy spirit which comes from God..I'm sooo amped up on this topic is almost like I want to lose my salvation. I want to serve God and love Jesus but these scary verses of God not forgiving a sin makes me lose hope.

Would God have mercy on me and forgive me? or do I have no hope in salvation at all?.. :prayer:

Sackcloth

May 28, 2009
Texas
✟314.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. (Romans 8:1)
Don't sweat it.
But throw yourself upon the earth and plead forgiveness anyway, so that when the day of judgment comes God won't say that you didn't humble yourself and change your heart.

Upvote 0

Saera

Follow the road less traveled
Jun 1, 2009
Nebraska
✟7,748.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. (Romans 8:1)
Don't sweat it.
But throw yourself upon the earth and plead forgiveness anyway, so that when the day of judgment comes God won't say that you didn't humble yourself and change your heart.

god will have mercy on you and forgive you, I agree with Sackcloth and your cousin.

Upvote 0

Elijah2

No weapons formed against me will prosper.
Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
It has been declared in Matthew 12:31 that He will not forgive blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.

If one’s conscience is bothering them to the point that they feel that they are too guilty for our Lord Jesus Christ to forgive, they need to have the assurance of God’s Word that forgiveness is possible. The very fact that we are bothered by our sinfulness shows that the Holy Spirit has not abandoned us nor has our Lord Jesus Christ given us over to a depraved mind.

The real danger arises, however, when we continually violate God’s Commandments and never feel the slightest remorse over our rebellion and sinfulness. The warnings in His Word should jolt the spiritually flippant out of their complacency.

“It is a terrifying thing to fall into the hands of the living God” (Heb. 10:31)

“Seek the Lord while He may be found; call upon Him while He is near. Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts; and let him return to the Lord, and He will have compassion on him; and to our God, for He will abundantly pardon” (Isa. 55:6)

We show repentance by imploring HIS forgiveness for HIS sake; if we accepts HIM as our Saviour and endeavours, with divine help, to live thereafter a true believer’s life, then we will not only be forgiven, but will be kept from falling back into sin. This is the teaching of HIS Gospel, and we need to realise that there were great sinners everywhere who have forsaken their evil ways and who are now living the new life, sustained by divine power.

So, don’t worry, confess and repent your thoughts and ask HIM for forgiveness.

Upvote 0

Snyder45

Smoking Gun
Mar 8, 2009
Azle, Texas (Eagle Mountain Lake)
✟8,075.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm worried I had committed this sin. I once cursed at the spirit in my head and now I'm not sure if God would forgive me. My cousin who is a pastor said to don't worry that I'm covered by the blood of the lamb..But I ain't quiet sure. I was studying this topic and many conclusion popped up that the unpardonable sin is to say that Jesus got his powers from satan or to continue rejection of Jesus Christ and his holy spirit convictions. I was soo worried on this topic that I started to think about the one that says Jesus get his power from satan that maybe I think this...but I didn't mean it and I know Jesus was powered by the Holy spirit which comes from God..I'm sooo amped up on this topic is almost like I want to lose my salvation. I want to serve God and love Jesus but these scary verses of God not forgiving a sin makes me lose hope.

Would God have mercy on me and forgive me? or do I have no hope in salvation at all?.. :prayer:

People always ask this question. It is incredibly trivial when you get past the fear...

We have to beg God for the Holy Spirit. How will we do that if we believe we already have the Holy Spirit (thereby assuming our own spirit is the Holy Spirit). Pray to God for the Holy Spirit and see what your heart says. You will now know whether it is true or not. If you do not have it, your Heavenly Father will surely give it to you. Because He is good. He will not give His Children a stone when they ask for a fish.

Do you understand?

Upvote 0

andreha

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2009
Gauteng
✟130,569.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married

Hi LessJay

Don't worry about it anymore. The Holy Spirit will *never* do anything to lead you to curse at Him. Only Satan would ever masquerade as Him and try to make you feel condemned. The Holy Spirit loves you with a deep, passionate kind of love - way too rich to ever lead you to do such a thing. Remember, He is just as much God as Jesus and our Father. He wants you to know that He loves you and will never let you go. Relax, and bask in the wonderful rich grace of the Lord our God.:amen:

Upvote 0

wayfaring man

Veteran
Jan 25, 2004
✟20,565.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hi LessJay ,

I agree with Elijah2 . Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit should never be thought of lightly - it is a very real danger for those who are being horribly misled spiritually .

Years ago my mind was being tormented with thoughts that I could not be saved , but when I cried out upon the name of Jesus , He put those thoughts to rest ... but satan didn't give up and tried to convince me some time later , that I was " unforgivable " , but without thinking this word was given me to say to him - " If it's true that I have committed the unpardonable sin , why would you still be trying to convince me of it ?"

Furthermore , to clarify more precisely The Lord revealed after that incident , that the Holy Spirit has much capacity for bearing with us , therefore it's not as if a careless slip of the tongue can constitute the degree of blasphemy for which there is no forgiveness ... what blasphemy of the Holy Spirit involves is a long term hardening of the heart against the Spirit's leading , and would have to be said with the finality of one who had become so desensitized by continued refusal of The Spirit's voice that they would have no qualms or reservations over speaking out against the very Spirit which works to empower Salvation. This would further be categorized by the nature of the assault against The Holy Spirit's Character being specifically designed to turn others away from their God-given source of strength and comfort , hence the reason why , such is unforgivable - because as we sow , we also reap ; therefore if one can succeed in turning those in need away from receiving what would in effect save them - then such very well may also be turned away with the same degree of severity . But a moment of angry misspeaking which is followed by feelings of guilt / shame does not constitute the Biblical proportion of " the unforgivable sin ".

( See Matthew 12:24-33 ) When Jesus was healing the afflicted and delivering the oppressed from the devils which tormented them , certain Pharisees who were extremely hardhearted and cared nothing for anyone but their own pompously posturing selves , were envious at the renown which Jesus was attaining amongst the general population , so in an purposed effort to discredit Jesus' reputation and thereby prevent people from coming to him for their healing and deliverance , they blasphemed the Spirit by which he wrought his good works and miracles ; and it was after this , that Jesus warned them that they were entering into a potentially unrecoverable snare - for if they actually succeeded in convincing people to not call upon Jesus , and this became the reason they never found their Salvation - then by their own wicked devices - they too would never find the forgiveness necessary for their own soul to be saved .

Hope & pray this helps to clear up the matter , for Christ's Glory .

wm

Upvote 0

Snyder45

Smoking Gun
Mar 8, 2009
✟8,075.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree with John.

God, our Father, hopes for every one of His Children. Is our hope as great as His? Of course not. He hopes for us and His hope is sure. What He believes surely does come to pass.

People add to these statements of Jesus and the apostles and prophets, seeing certain doom around them for others. Do they see that for themselves, I do not know. I do not see certain doom for anyone. Difficult times, absolutely. Struggles of faith, that is what growing is all about.

Not everyone led by the Father is yet born again. When that happens it is up to God and His ways are mysterious. This does not mean the Holy Spirit does not do good works through them -- look at the prophets before Jesus. They have faith and did good works through the Holy Spirit by faith.

As Jesus said 'everyone led by the Father comes to me'.

Many think their own spirits are the Holy Spirit. So they cease asking and they go in sin. If you pray and ask the Lord and feel any doubt at all, you can know by the tugs in your heart.

If such people ask the Lord to forgive their sins, He surely can. But, how can He give them the Holy Spirit unless they know they do not have it and are not asking?

Many have called Christians empowered in good works by the Holy Spirit "demon possessed", or "insane", or "empty headed" -- that have gone on to be saved.

What was Saul (soon to be called 'Paul') thinking and calling Christians in his pre-salvation rampage against them? Yet, he was saved.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Snyder45

Smoking Gun
Mar 8, 2009
✟8,075.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was taught the unforgiveable sin was blasphemy against the holy ghost.

but what does this mean exactly?
I figure it meant that you would deny it's existance?

I explained this already, but it means you are claiming what is of the Holy Spirit is not of the Holy Spirit. Ultimately, that means that you are without the Holy Spirit and yet assuming you are not. (For how were the words and deeds of the Prophets performed but through the Holy Spirit coming upon them? Therefore, who judges such religious matters thinking they understand them as the Holy Spirit does?)

What matters, therefore, is that one is assuming they are Holy and have the Holy Spirit already -- whether they understand this or not.

What matters is that if you do not have the Holy Spirit and do not ask, even if God forgives you your sins a thousand times, you will never get it.

Therefore, it is not able to be forgiven.

Do you understand now?

Upvote 0

aldar

Dec 31, 2006
TEXAS
✟16,543.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The unpardonable sin…

To understand what really is being said here you need to do more than just read a single scripture, because it wasn’t what the Pharisees SAID here that made their sin unforgivable, it was what they did and more so “why” they did it. Understand?
If you read Mark Chapter 3 and the whole story. You see that Jesus was performing miracles, to most people this was a form of evidence or proof of who Jesus was, that was he indeed the son of God. When the Pharisees saw this because of the hardness of their hearts, because of their absolute resistance to Jesus and the message of Jesus Christ, because they would never ever accept him, because they hated him so much they did the only thing they knew how to do and that was to claim the miracles came from the power of the devil and not God. This single act was not evil, is it wrong to just be mistaken? No…. What this was was evidence of the states of their hearts, after all the messages, after all the preaching, and even after miracles performed before their very eyes they refused to accept Jesus…and even that wasn’t the unforgivable sin because Jesus died for all sins, not just 1 or 2 or all except 1. He died for all sins and sinners or else he did not truly defeat sin…right? Understand?
What the Pharisees did was show that nothing could ever make them accept Jesus, it only displayed the fact they would never accept Jesus and his forgiveness… and because of this, he COULD NOT forgive them. It was by no means a sinful act… it was a refusal on their parts to ever let Jesus into their hearts, and because of this, how could he ever forgive them. It is unforgivable only because they refuse forgiveness.

Do you see now why what they did was unforgivable? This is not what you did, you love Jesus and you want him and there is no sin that cannot be forgiven. The Pharisees refused forgiveness… that is not what you did, cheer up girl.

Upvote 0

Snyder45

Smoking Gun
Mar 8, 2009
✟8,075.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The unpardonable sin…

To understand what really is being said here you need to do more than just read a single scripture, because it wasn’t what the Pharisees SAID here that made their sin unforgivable, it was what they did and more so “why” they did it. Understand?
If you read Mark Chapter 3 and the whole story. You see that Jesus was performing miracles, to most people this was a form of evidence or proof of who Jesus was, that was he indeed the son of God. When the Pharisees saw this because of the hardness of their hearts, because of their absolute resistance to Jesus and the message of Jesus Christ, because they would never ever accept him, because they hated him so much they did the only thing they knew how to do and that was to claim the miracles came from the power of the devil and not God. This single act was not evil, is it wrong to just be mistaken? No…. What this was was evidence of the states of their hearts, after all the messages, after all the preaching, and even after miracles performed before their very eyes they refused to accept Jesus…and even that wasn’t the unforgivable sin because Jesus died for all sins, not just 1 or 2 or all except 1. He died for all sins and sinners or else he did not truly defeat sin…right? Understand?
What the Pharisees did was show that nothing could ever make them accept Jesus, it only displayed the fact they would never accept Jesus and his forgiveness… and because of this, he COULD NOT forgive them. It was by no means a sinful act… it was a refusal on their parts to ever let Jesus into their hearts, and because of this, how could he ever forgive them. It is unforgivable only because they refuse forgiveness.

Do you see now why what they did was unforgivable? This is not what you did, you love Jesus and you want him and there is no sin that cannot be forgiven. The Pharisees refused forgiveness… that is not what you did, cheer up girl.

Jesus asked the Lord to forgive them for they know not what they do.

It is not anyone's business to be stating they might be damned forever on things they do not understand. When people speak these things they show they lack knowledge of God and are puffed up by knowledge of the earth.

They learn to change their minds, because judgement comes upon them swiftly.

Then they see as they have judged -- so are they judged.

Perhaps there is some escape for such people. Perhaps not.

Upvote 0

LessJay101

May 10, 2009
✟15,169.00
Faith
Christian
God is truly amazing. I feel relieve now. I'm happy we have a such merciful and beautiful God..I want to serve him and be present with Jesus and God in heaven. and Syndler What you mean by you have to ask God for the Holy Spirit...

I felt the Holy spirit numerous times since I gotton saved..but I rarely feel his presence anymore Do i have to ask God for the Holy Spirit?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Snyder45

Smoking Gun
Mar 8, 2009
✟8,075.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Snyder,

Based off your statements alone I cannot interpret your true point, please rephrase this for me if you don't mind.

What do you not understand? Ask God for the Holy Spirit. Or you will not make it into the Kingdom of God. Then you will understand what I am saying.

This is all I have to say about this now.

Come back and post to us when you receive the same sign others here have received: the Sign of Jonah in your heart.

Upvote 0

aldar

Dec 31, 2006
TEXAS
✟16,543.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
LessJay101,

Some would say you already have the holyspirit within you as the bible says is true. Some would say you need to have a deeper experience with the holyspirit after salvation (such things are called the baptism in fire, baptism in the holyghost) this sort of thing refferences instances such as the first chapter of the book of Acts where people who already had Jesus received something more... and they changed the entire roman world in a matter years by miraculous power.

What you need to do is seek a deeper relationship with Jesus and immerse yourself in his word, only then do you not risk being tricked or mislead by someone intentionally or unintentionally, mentors are certainly needed but seek Jesus not theories about him and rely on the word of God that the Lord has taught you and placed in your heart, more than anything else. Only then will you never be mistaken or mislead. I'm not saying you'll know it all...but you will know what you do know.

Upvote 0

aldar

Dec 31, 2006
TEXAS
✟16,543.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Snyder,

....first you told me to not dare judge anyone...then you tell me I need to certain things or I risk damnation... you confuse me. Where is all this coming from? You do not know me and It certainly isn't coming from Jesus. I asked a simple question becuase your statements led to no clear point... not becuase I dont have some power of divination... Jesus meant what he said and said what he meant, keep it simple man.

So..what are you really trying to say? Or are you just trying to gather a crowd with your riddles?

Upvote 0

Snyder45

Smoking Gun
Mar 8, 2009
✟8,075.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Snyder,

....first you told me to not dare judge anyone...then you tell me I need to certain things or I risk damnation... you confuse me. Where is all this coming from? You do not know me and It certainly isn't coming from Jesus. I asked a simple question becuase your statements led to no clear point... not becuase I dont have some power of divination... Jesus meant what he said and said what he meant, keep it simple man.

So..what are you really trying to say? Or are you just trying to gather a crowd with your riddles?

Gather a crowd? Is people coming at me telling me they do not understand me "gathering a crowd"? What, to be stoned to death?

If you do not understand me, you do not understand me. Some do, some do not.

You are most surely correct, I do not know you.

And you most surely do not know me.

Why is it then you do not understand anything I say?

I have nothing else to say to you until you repent and ask for forgiveness.

Upvote 0

Snyder45

Smoking Gun
Mar 8, 2009
✟8,075.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
LessJay101,

Some would say you already have the holyspirit within you as the bible says is true. <snip>

Those who have the Holy Spirit know it. They are right before God and no man can challenge that. It is a stone in their heart.

Those who do not know this are not of God.

One does not obtain the Holy Spirit by doing so-called "good deeds", but by forgiveness and listening to the truth, and getting down on one's hands and knees and begging God for that.

Everyone else is utterly cut off.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.