Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
I'll ignore for the moment that when I read the title, I saw "The Ultimate Panty." Since I'm not much of a cook, I may not have even noticed the thread otherwise. :)

However, I guess since I primarily use cast iron, cooking oil/spray is something I always have and I also tend to keep around lots of Jasmine rice for stir fry.

Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟947,248.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Here's a few. I'll add to the list as time permits. This isn't everything in my pantry. But if I was starting out I'd begin with these. :)

Oils

Extra-Virgin Olive Oil (daily use and various ones for dressings and finishing)
Toasted Sesame Oil
Canola
Sunflower
Coconut
Truffle (Black & White)
Duck Fat
Olive Oil Mayonnaise

Vinegar

Balsamic (various of different ages)
Champagne
Sherry
White Wine
Red Wine
Apple Cider
Rice Wine

Salt

Fine and Coarse Sea Salt
Grey
Himalayan Pink
Maldon
Fleur de Sel
Flavored salts

Pepper

Tellicherry Black
White
Green
Pink
Red Pepper Flakes
Sichuan

Broths

I make my own but I also keep organic versions on hand for quick meals.

Chicken Bone
Beef
Vegetable

Herbs & Spices

I order them from The Spice House. The Maharajah Curry, Vietnamese Saigon Cinnamon, West Indies BBQ, Tellicherry Pepper, Sriracha and Cheddar Cheese Powder are really good.

Yours in His Service,

~Bella

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟947,248.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'll ignore for the moment that when I read the title, I saw "The Ultimate Panty." Since I'm not much of a cook, I may not have even noticed the thread otherwise. :)

However, I guess since I primarily use cast iron, cooking oil/spray is something I always have and I also tend to keep around lots of Jasmine rice for stir fry.

Knows Becca has good eats if she isn't cooking. Waits for my invite! :p

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: bekkilyn
Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
What are your must have items in your pantry? Things you can't live without? Feel free to share brands, images or links! :)

Yours in His Service,

~Bella

That's funny I've thought a lot about this topic but purely from a practical standpoint of emergency preparedness. Like having shelf stable things for when the power goes out, or some other kind of prepper scenario. I was pretty well prepared if Covid and rioting got bad in my area.

And typically the stuff is boring things that you I would normally use like extra bags of whole wheat pasta, brown rice, instant potatoes, peanut butter, and various canned items. From a emergency food stand point canned food is great, as far as shelf life is concerned, if the cans are in good condition you have a virtual unlimited shelf life. e.g. People have eaten canned food that is over 100 years old, and the only draw backs is that it was somewhat discolored.

Good drinking water is the one thing I want more of as far as supplies go.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What are your must have items in your pantry? Things you can't live without? Feel free to share brands, images or links! :)

Yours in His Service,

~Bella
steel cut oats
black beans
chickpeas
lentils
Himalayan basmati rice
buckwheat
corn meal
quinoa
sunflower seeds
pepitas
mixed nuts
walnuts
prunes
raisens
ground flax seed
etc.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟687,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My herb and spice cabinet is so full (somewhere around 100 bottles) that I won't bother getting into all that..

But beyond that I keep Olive oil, vegetable oil, and peanut oil usually. (I don't do any Asian (Japanese/Chinese) cooking so just skip the expense of sesame.. )

I keep real butter as well as lard and crisco, although I keep a small tub of spreading "fake" butter as well for toast. I use Crisco the least.

I never run low on either flour or sugar or instant yeast. I also keep a running yeast as well (sourdough).

staples as far as jarred or canned goods always includes fire roasted tomatoes and various kinds of tomatoe sauces plus I always have a can or two or four of chickpeas on hand as well.. I also keep basmati rice..

I also keep all the stocks (Chicken, beef, vegetable, sometimes fish), though I use fish stock the least

I also keep better than bullion on hand, chicken and beef both.. although that's probably closer to an herb / spice cabinet item than it is anything else.

But my herb spice cabinet is my baby... I will buy and have shipped from either specialty store or from outside the country on hard to find items.. I can't live without flavor.. lol

I also keep heavy cream always on hand... as well as a variety of cheeses... but those aren't pantry..

When I'm healthy and able I make everything from scratch, from pita to sandwich bread, to brownies and cakes... I buy nothing premade.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟947,248.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Duck Fat? Is this a culinary "must" I've been missing out on? :)

jacks,

Trust me. Your fries will never be the same. :D You can use it for roasted potatoes or anything you want to add a little oomph to.

Yours in His Service,

~Bella

Reactions: jacks
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟947,248.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
That's funny I've thought a lot about this topic but purely from a practical standpoint of emergency preparedness.

Pavel,

Great minds my friend. :D

I've added to the coffers since March. We don't usually have this much in the house but we've had shortages in the area in the past. I've been stocking up on bulk items like rice and legumes and notice others doing the same. There are empty bins and shelves at Whole Foods at several locations.

Yours in His Service,

~Bella

Reactions: Pavel Mosko
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Joyous Song

Jun 5, 2020
Buffalo
✟46,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For us its beans of many varieties, potato starch, baking soda, a variety of salts, peppercorns and all Herbs and spices in while or leaf forms, Stevia leaf, frozen (it lasts longer, as well as almond, rice (brown and white), millet flour, Sorghum flour, and guar gum. Gluten free oats and gluten free oat flour as well. a variety of vinegar and dried mushrooms, vanilla real and extract, maple extract and lemon extract. Cacao in a large bag and 1:1 stevia extract. Brown ad white rice, quinoa, and wild rice,and maybe a few ready made crackers and chips for snacks.

That not a complete list, I doing this from memory but it pretty close to what we usually have on hand.

Upvote 0

Joyous Song

Jun 5, 2020
Buffalo
✟46,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Definitely always need vinegar and baking soda in the pantry. Also pepper and salt (any brand) old bay, chili powder (any brand) and all types of garlic seasonings.

JS: I make most of my own seasoning mixture. I gluten free and many mixture use gluten to keep herbs from separating. Also I can buy freer spices so my mixtures always taste fresh. Still a well stock herb and spice cupboard is equally important. That i firmly agree.

Upvote 0

Shane R

Priest
Site Supporter
Jan 18, 2012
Southeast Ohio
✟565,048.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
White beans, red beans, pink beans, black beans, pork and beans, chili beans, dried beans. As you can see, I am a fan of beans and make many dishes with them. There must also always be onions in the house. And paprika and garlic powder. How else would one flavor the beans?

I also keep 2 or 3 different bottles of hot sauce around. Probably a hold over from my days in the Navy, when the food was not usually very flavorful and the most readily available condiment was hot sauce.

Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0