Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
Welcome to the thread where anything and everything can happen. You come here to see a bunch of cats shopping in the supermarket? Your wish is my command.

Would you rather see a random singing and dancing banana and an angry chicken? We got that too.

The only thing that we haven't got is your marbles. (Or mine either. XD)

You are now entering,.. THE TWILIGHT ZONE.

Tagging @Michie and @Tra Phull because I do believe that they're going to love this thread. XD

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,674,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So on one Twilight Zone, there was this guy, I think it was Burgess Meredith - made everyone else disappear - he went to a library, got a bunch of books
Dropped his glasses, they broke - nobody to fix them
Henry Bemus

Upvote 0

Monksailor

Adopted child of God.
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2017
Port town on west (tan sands) shore line of MI
Visit site
✟187,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Remember the one where these two scientists developed a way to surgically modify the human structure to withstand heavier gravity, breathe and see in a different atmosphere, and so on so as to enable man to go to another planet w/o artificial life support? No one would venture a try with their research so they ended up performing it on one of them and somehow had procured their own space craft. The resulting being looked like a grotesque alien. It turned out that the spacecraft did not make it and crash landed back to earth leaving an injured, "scary alien" trying to get help and receiving just the opposite from his own kind. This show was in the 60's, I think. I think that was one of my first and most impressionable lessons on prejudice. He was human just as all the rest, but based upon his different outward appearance, even though he exhibited absolutely no aggressive or threatening behavior and was obviously injured, they were fearful of him and even wanted to harm and kill him.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TenthAveN

Puppies are an acceptable form of currency.
Jun 18, 2020
North Texas
✟49,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I think my favorite is the one where there’s going to be a huge nuclear war on “earth”, so these two families decide to take a spacecraft to a new planet that supports life, which is later revealed to be the actual earth.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Lazarus Short

Apr 6, 2016
Independence, Missouri, USA
✟294,142.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Remember the one where these two scientists developed a way to surgically modify the human structure to withstand heavier gravity, breathe and see in a different atmosphere, and so on so as to enable man to go to another planet w/o artificial life support? No one would venture a try with their research so they ended up performing it on one of them and somehow had procured their own space craft. The resulting being looked like a grotesque alien. It turned out that the spacecraft did not make it and crash landed back to earth leaving an injured, "scary alien" trying to get help and receiving just the opposite from his own kind. This show was in the 60's, I think. I think that was one of my first and most impressionable lessons on prejudice. He was human just as all the rest, but based upon his different outward appearance, even though he exhibited absolutely no aggressive or threatening behavior and was obviously injured, they were fearful of him and even wanted to harm and kill him.

That was "The Outer Limits" - I know, as I watched the very episode the other night.

Upvote 0

Monksailor

Adopted child of God.
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2017
Port town on west (tan sands) shore line of MI
Visit site
✟187,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That was "The Outer Limits" - I know, as I watched the very episode the other night.
OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My memory ain't what it used to be. It has been over a half century, I think, when I saw that B&W show but wasn't it his connection with his wife that finally was his bridge of communication with humanity and then his partner BUT they couldn't save him for some reason?

Upvote 0