The truth of wicca

Do you research your topic before discussing it on the forums? (relating to wicca)

• YES! Very in depth

• A little

• I know what ppl have told me, thats enough

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Havoc

Celtic Witch
Jul 26, 2002
Realityville
Visit site
✟21,635.00
Faith
Pagan
Auntie said:
I hope one day you will know. I know, and so do many others.

It is called "The peace that passes all understanding". When you find this peace, then you will know what I am talking about. And I believe you will find it one day.:)
I already have "peace that passes all understanding" but thanx anyways. Come to think of it so do my Buddhist friends, and my Taoist friend. Come to think of it again, pretty much every religion makes tht same promise....

Upvote 0

Havoc

Celtic Witch
Jul 26, 2002
Realityville
Visit site
✟21,635.00
Faith
Pagan
JEREMY O'ROURKE said:
Jesus did claim to be the father. He said to the farisees that when you see me you have seen the father. This clearly means that he is the father. If you dont believe he is God that still does not change the facts. The facts are that Jesus was both God as well as man. He came in the form of a man to redeem us from our sins. Anything that does not teach Jesus Christ and him crucified brainwashes you. Brainwashing takes place any time the truth is denied or not taught.
Jim Jones claimed to be the father. Hundreds of people throughout history have claimed to be God/Messiah/Jesus reincarnated. A claim of diefication is not a fact until it can be shown to be fact.

Brainwashing takes place when people elevate an unproven belief to the level of fact with nothing to back it up.

Upvote 0

radorth

Contributor
Jul 29, 2003
LA area
Visit site
✟16,044.00
Faith
Non-Denom
A claim of diefication is not a fact until it can be shown to be fact.
Which can only mean Jesus and the apostles were raving lunatics or liars, with all the talents and work habists of Shakepeare, risking their lives daily to...

(Insert cynical opinion of their motives)

Rad

Upvote 0

Havoc

Celtic Witch
Jul 26, 2002
Realityville
Visit site
✟21,635.00
Faith
Pagan
Yes we've been through that fallacious arguement before many times on these forums. You also cannot show what Christ said or what the apostles said or how they died or anything else really.

The skeptics trilemma arguement is about as useful as Pascal's wager.

Let's try to come up with something original shall we? Or at least something of substance.

Upvote 0

BuggyDE

*Blessed by a trout*
Aug 21, 2003
Visit site
✟7,617.00
JEREMY O'ROURKE said:
Wicca is an evil religion because they do not honor Jesus as the one true God. It was him who created the world. He rose from the dead and is the true and living God. I will go a step further and say that any religion that does not plainly teach that Jesus is the only true way is evil and not from God (Jesus). We have the word of God on our side to back this up. Wicca distorts truth in almost every way. When Jesus is not taught and worshipped you can bet your bottom dollar that the religion is evil.

Have you even had a look at Wicca or you just repeating what you have been told to think? You should try thinking for yourself instead of repeating mindless garbage. Your statement here shows me how little you actually know about Wicca.

Webgenie said:
An evil religion would be one that brainwashes, intentionally misleads and discourages a personal spiritual relationship with God.

Webgenie you always say the right things :). Christianity is well known for its methods of brainwashing that are used in most cults. Infact if you have a look at how a cult gains and keeps its members and then look at Christianity and you will be surprised at the similarities.

JEREMY O'ROURKE said:
Jesus did claim to be the father. He said to the farisees that when you see me you have seen the father. This clearly means that he is the father. If you dont believe he is God that still does not change the facts. The facts are that Jesus was both God as well as man. He came in the form of a man to redeem us from our sins. Anything that does not teach Jesus Christ and him crucified brainwashes you. Brainwashing takes place any time the truth is denied or not taught.

What facts I don’t see any facts. I see a book (which is full of contradictions), which was written by men for men, a book that has been used to justify one atrocity after another. It is a small collection of the many scriptures relating to the same subject, it was compiled as a political tool at the time. I am more likely to trust scriptures that have been buried for centuries (like the Nag Hammadi) than the bible. So YOUR facts do not prove anything to me. Just because you choose to believe does not mean what you believe is true, what about all the other religions out there, according to them you are evil and a sinner. Quite frankly the thought of a Christian afterlife in heaven sound pretty horrible to me, why would I want to spend an eternity on my knees giving worship? Better to burn in hell and die the second death.

Upvote 0

Jane_the_Bane

Gaia's godchild
Feb 11, 2004
✟168,333.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
UK-Greens
Poor reasoning, Jeremy. You remind me of a certain Senator McCarthy and his weird ideas concerning "evil commies trying to take over the world". To fervently believe that the inconsistent mumbo-jumbo of the Bible is the only TRUTH out there is ample proof for you being brainwashed to the point of actual brainlessness.

But let's see: You believe that God is omnipotent and all-knowing, right? The grim JHVH of the Bible? Okay! So tell me please, why should HE choose to create the world if he already KNOWS that doing so will turn out utterly WRONG? Because that's what you imply when you think that it was neccessary for God Himself to die on the cross. Furthermore, if you follow your point of view to the end, this sacrifice was absolutely futile: Guess why?

Because he didn't save everyone, but just those who bow to him - and these are exactly those people who would have been saved, anyway. So, instead of redeeming every single human being, as might be expected from a loving father, he leaves the Status Quo intact, saving only those that are of the winning side anyway.

Upvote 0

Jane_the_Bane

Gaia's godchild
Feb 11, 2004
✟168,333.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
UK-Greens
But back to business:

I choose not to practice magick, because I think that the allure of power is too tempting and corrupts everyone in the end. This desire to CONTROL as much as possible gives me the shivers, because to me it is a certain sign of unconscious fear. I trust in myself, and I trust in some higher being that you might call God(dess), a benevolent Creator that moves everything according to destiny.

Upvote 0