✟83,750.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
John 4:
19The woman said to him, “Sir, I perceive that you are a prophet. 20Our fathers worshiped on this mountain, but you say that in Jerusalem is the place where people ought to worship.”
The Samaritan woman was wondering about the special physical location to worship.

21Jesus said to her, “Woman, believe me, the hour is coming when neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem will you worship the Father.

Jesus was about to inform her of a new approach to worship that would be independent of any particular physical location and independent of whether you are a Jew, Samaritan, or Gentile. The temple would not be confined to Jerusalem, Samaria, or any single physical coordinates.

22You worship what you do not know; we worship what we know, for salvation is from the Jews. 23But the hour is coming, and is now here, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth,

What spirit?

When a person is born again, the Paraclete dwells in him. He is directly connected to the Holy Spirit, through whom, he is united with the Body of Christ. Every Sunday, when I worship at the church, I am mindful of those around me and those who are around the world who are connected with the Body of Christ via the Paraclete,

for the Father is seeking such people to worship him. 24God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.”

Only true worshipers are connected with the Paraclete. He dwells in us to enable us to worship the Father in spirit and truth. Be mindful of him when worshiping.

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟798,373.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We praise God with our souls and worship Him with our spirits. Worship is spirit to Spirit.

When praising God, our minds can wander but when worshiping Him we are in fellowship, in His presence. Praise is based on what God has done while worship is based on who God is. Worship is about our hearts. Heb 10:19,,22

in His presence. only in His presence [through worship] is fulness of joy! Psa 16:11

Last edited:
Reactions: tonychanyt

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
John 4:

The Samaritan woman was wondering about the special physical location to worship.

Jesus was about to inform her of a new approach to worship that would be independent of any particular physical location and independent of whether you are a Jew, Samaritan, or Gentile. The temple would not be confined to Jerusalem, Samaria, or any single physical coordinates.

What spirit?

When a person is born again, the Paraclete dwells in him. He is directly connected to the Holy Spirit, through whom, he is united with the Body of Christ. Every Sunday, when I worship at the church, I am mindful of those around me and those who are around the world who are connected with the Body of Christ via the Paraclete,

Only true worshipers are connected with the Paraclete. He dwells in us to enable us to worship the Father in spirit and truth. Be mindful of him when worshiping.
Worship is huge in scripture and in the end we will be placed in two groups- those who worship Him in Truth and Spirit John 4:23-24, those who worship the beast (false worship).

Rev 14: 7 saying with a loud voice, “Fear God and give glory to Him, for the hour of His judgment has come; and worship Him who made heaven and earth, the sea and springs of water.”

This is calling us back to True worship. There are many gods of this world but only one God of Creation, Exodus 20:11 the same God of Judgement.

If there is True worship what is false worship?

According to Jesus it is laying aside the commandments of God- Jesus quotes from the Ten Commandments- and keeping the traditions of man over keeping the commandments of God. Jesus calls this worshipping in vain.

Matthew 15:9
3 He answered and said to them, “Why do you also transgress the commandment of God because of your tradition? 4 For God commanded, saying, ‘Honor your father and your mother’; and, ‘He who curses father or mother, let him be put to death.’ 5 But you say, ‘Whoever says to his father or mother, “Whatever profit you might have received from me is a gift to God”— 6 then he need not honor his father or mother.’ Thus you have made the commandment of God of no effect by your tradition. 7 Hypocrites! Well did Isaiah prophesy about you, saying:

8 ‘These people draw near to Me with their mouth,
And honor Me with their lips,
But their heart is far from Me.
9 And in vain they worship Me,
Teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’ ”

If false worship is keeping mans rules above the commandments of God, True worship must be keeping the commandments of God.

Revelation confirms this….

False worship: Rev 14:11 And the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever; and they have no rest day or night, who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name.”

True worship: Rev 14:12 Here is the patience of the saints; here are those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Do you worship in accordance with the Paraclete in you?
The Holy Spirit is given to convict us of sin and lead us to Truth John 16:8, 13 so we will have a change in heart and repent of our sins (breaking God's law 1 John 3:4, Romans 7:7) 1 John 1:9. Whoever does not confess their sins will not prosper or have mercy Proverbs 28:13. Once we learn new biblical Truth we are not to make haste or delay these Truths Psalm 119:60 2 Corinthians 6:2 What is dangerous is when we stop hearing His voice or go away from His Truth Matthew 13:13 Genesis 6:3 Hebrews 3:7-8 1 Thessalonians 5:19 John 17:17 in doing this there will be a time when we will be shut off from the Holy Spirit and will start believing the lies 2 Thessalonians 2:10–12 Today is the day to hear His voice and turn to Him and obey Him through faith and love. 1 John 5:3, Romans 3:31 John 14:15, Exodus 20:6, Rev 14:12

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
What about the Paraclete? Do you have the Indwelling Spirit?
The Holy Spirit is not in contradiction to God's Word. The Holy Spirit brings us back to God's Word John 14:26 and those who go away from God's Word there is no light (no Spirit) Isaiah 8:20

The Holy Spirit is more than a "feeling" it is following the Word of God and His Spirit will never go away from it. Are you asking if I follow the Word of God. Yes, I would like to think I do. Following Truth in God's Word is very important and so is obedience to His commandments, all of His commandments are Truth Psalms 119:151-152. If one slips and stumbles like we all do, we have an Advocate with Jesus and go directly to Him to confess our sins, and through Him He can give us the strength to obey Him and be without sin. What we can't do on our own, we can through Christ. Phil 4:13 John 14:15-18

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Right. So do you have the Paraclete in you?
Not sure what this has to do with someone else’s salvation. There is only one way to have the indwelling of the Holy Spirit and that is through our obedience. Not on our terms, but God’s terms.

Acts 5:32 And we are His witnesses to these things, and so also is the Holy Spirit whom God has given to those who obey Him.”

Romans 8:4 that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. 5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. 6 For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. 7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. 8 So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.

Upvote 0

tonychanyt

24/7 Christian
Oct 2, 2011
Toronto
Visit site
✟83,750.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not sure what this has to do with someone else’s salvation.
Nothing. Note the topic in this OP.

So do you have the Paraclete Indwelling Spirit in you? This is the 3rd time I am asking. If not, how are you able to worship God in spirit and truth?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
John 4:

What spirit?

In Ezekiel 36:26-27, the Spirit has the role of leading us to obey God’s law, and in Psalms 119:142, God’s law is truth, so God’s law is His instructions for how to worship Him in spirit and in truth.

• Useful
Reactions: tonychanyt

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟798,373.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Last edited:
Upvote 0

GDL

Jul 25, 2020
SE
✟105,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
@tonychanyt

[BDAG] προσκυνέω
• προσκυνέω (κυνέω ‘to kiss’) impf. προσεκύνουν; fut. προσκυνήσω; 1 aor. προσεκύνησα (trag., Hdt.+. Freq. used to designate the custom of prostrating oneself before persons and kissing their feet or the hem of their garment, the ground, etc.; the Persians did this in the presence of their deified king, and the Greeks before a divinity or someth. holy.) to express in attitude or gesture one’s complete dependence on or submission to a high authority figure, (fall down and) worship, do obeisance to, prostrate oneself before, do reverence to, welcome respectfully,

So, I understand you to be saying "in Spirit" means having the indwelling Spirit.

What does "in truth" mean?

Upvote 0

tonychanyt

24/7 Christian
Oct 2, 2011
Toronto
Visit site
✟83,750.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

GDL

Jul 25, 2020
SE
✟105,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In the current context, yes, but not always.

Here, it means in true reality.
I recently heard one translate this phrase as Spiritual Reality. His context was the new Spiritual Reality as opposed to the OC locative sense which would be coming to a physical end in AD70.

Jesus is obviously speaking of the new era. IMO this phrase is loaded with content.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tonychanyt

24/7 Christian
Oct 2, 2011
Toronto
Visit site
✟83,750.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I recently heard one translate this phrase as Spiritual Reality. His context was the new Spiritual Reality as opposed to the OC locative sense which would be coming to a physical end in AD70.
What is "OC locative"?

Upvote 0