-
✟681,411.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
That's never been a concern of mine. I don't think the Bible reveals what God consists of. Life perhaps.
I've heard people who are not theologically oriented say three entities. Perhaps this is a good enough answer.

Upvote 0

RickReads

Sep 27, 2020
richmond
✟64,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I've heard people who are not theologically oriented say three entities. Perhaps this is a good enough answer.

I think using man as an analogy isn't bad, soul-flesh-spirit. Man is three that are one.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I think using man as an analogy isn't bad, soul-flesh-spirit. Man is three that are one.

But we are also mind, emotions, will, and many other things. Not just body, soul, and spirit (I also would argue that the human spirit is no different than the human soul). As I have a mind, I have a will, I have emotions. There are a lot of working parts that make humans human.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

RickReads

Sep 27, 2020
richmond
✟64,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
But we are also mind, emotions, will, and many other things. Not just body, soul, and spirit (I also would argue that the human spirit is no different than the human soul). As I have a mind, I have a will, I have emotions. There are a lot of working parts that make humans human.

-CryptoLutheran

I`ve only seen Trinitarians use the man analogy. I`m pretty sure a non trinitarian would view the idea suspiciously but whatever. I think I`ll call it a day on this thread.

Upvote 0

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The reality is God reprimanded Job in 38-40. What will you compare to Me?

The answer is OBVIOUS- nothing since God is Unique and nothing can compare and anything in creation cannot be compared to God. It’s how we make an idol with God.

What we can say about God is what He has declared about who and what God is through His word .

God is One - meaning Unity of Being. God has revealed that the Father, Son and Holy Spirit are God. But they are not each other ( modalism heresy ). And God is not One Person ( unitarian heresy ) . The 3 are One but not each other .

Some may object to God being called a person but God by definition shows us all the things/ attributes of personhood , being personal , having personality etc… The Father, Son and Holy Spirit each have those distinctions and we know the Son is a Divine Person who became man permanently via the Incarnation. Forever both God and man united in one Person eternally.

hope this helps !!!

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I`ve only seen Trinitarians use the man analogy. I`m pretty sure a non trinitarian would view the idea suspiciously but whatever. I think I`ll call it a day on this thread.

Yes, there is a common problem even among Trinitarians to goof the Trinity up through the use of bad analogies and general lack of proper theological instruction.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0