The Tree of Life is God.

May 26, 2005
✟615.00
Faith
Christian
1) The story of the Garden of Eden really happened, but it was told to us by God, in simple terms for the people of Moses' time, and his descendants, to understand.

2) As I said, the Tree of Life is God. For all Life comes from God, as he is the Living God. All life on earth, and all things in the eternal realm are created by him. If you want to live in eternal paradise, God has to grant you it. "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life"

3) The tree of knowledge of good and evil is also not an actual tree, but symbolizes rebellion, becoming "your own God". So you have two trees in Eden. One is the Tree of Life (God) and the other is the tree of knowledge of choosing yourself (be your own God, rebellion)

4) When Adam and Eve "ate" of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, they used their God given creativity, free will, to choose rebellion. Their "eyes were opened" because now they knew evil, they did not need God anymore. They "hid themselves because they were naked" because now they had pride and ego. They thought their bodies are their own, and that it is private because they own it, it is only for whoever THEY think can see, should see. They are now their own Gods.

5) So Satan, being the originator of lies and rebellion against God, taught Humanity to "become their own God" in their hearts and rebel against God.

6) For you see, before they had eaten it, they had no knowledge of evil. They did not know they could rebel against God, and that they could have self-love to the point of arrogance and disobedience. So "eating the tree" was actually a thought in their hearts, a rebellion.

7) Now, God does not allow them to stay in the Garden, because he does not allow evil to live in his presence. Now that they are aware of, and practicing good AND evil, they will surely die. Because God, who owns every atom and molecule in the Universe, can judge us.

8) And God also says "we must not allow them to take the tree of life" because the Tree of Life is God. And when Man loves God and obeys God, Man is given immortality, eternal paradise with God (Tree of Life). But someone who is evil cannot be with God, cannot have immortality and be eternal. Because God, Creator of all things, does not want sin in the Universe he has created. So Mankind "must not" also have eternal life if he is going to be a practitioner of good AND evil. So, Man who now has the knowledge of good and evil, cannot also have everlasting Life. Man has "eaten" from the tree of knowledge of good and evil, but God will not allow Man to eat from Tree of Life (God). Pick one. God, or your own desires. You can't have both.

9) So now Man is on earth, knowing that he can use his God given creativity, and his free will, to do good things..... or be corrupt and do evil things. Now Man has a burden on his shoulders. But ...... God being a loving God, has a plan. Always had one. God wants Man to be a creature that knows Good and Evil but ALSO has Everlasting Life (Tree of Life), but you will not be given it unless you obey and accept his Will in your life on earth.

Last edited:

x141

Sep 25, 2011
Where you are ...
Visit site
✟25,111.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God speaks to us in picture form ... mountains, seas, tree's, women, men, cities, rivers sons, kingdoms, minds, etc. that speaks to spiritual truths about the process happening in us.

So what these things mean to us are a continual entering into (only if we do not build a city out of anyone truth) being they are only defined by God, which are eternal, and an ever increasing in the very nature of them, having come out of him, whee in we learn and are led to abiding in his Word/words.

Upvote 0

Restoresmysoul

Sep 12, 2014
✟4,252.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Speaking of the tree of life, I found this cool reference to a tree of life in proverbs. I love this scripture, its so delightful.

Pr 3:13 Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that getteth understanding.
Pr 3:14 For the merchandise of it is better than the merchandise of silver, and the gain thereof than fine gold.
Pr 3:15 She is more precious than rubies: and all the things thou canst desire are not to be compared unto her.
Pr 3:16 Length of days is in her right hand; and in her left hand riches and honour.
Pr 3:17 Her ways are ways of pleasantness, and all her paths are peace.
Pr 3:18 She is a tree of life to them that lay hold upon her: and happy is every one that retaineth her.

Upvote 0

Restoresmysoul

Sep 12, 2014
✟4,252.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
We should note when things change gender in scripture (she is a tree of life) which sheds light on the process of the truth being revelaed in us.

How so? Please expound upon that. Thank you.

I think Proverbs 3 is rich in good things. I love that chapter, I hear it echoed in the words of Christ and his apostles.

Upvote 0

x141

Sep 25, 2011
Where you are ...
Visit site
✟25,111.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is very limited in scope, but it is something to start with concerning gender in scripture.

God speaks to us in picture form, which relates to the process in us. So when you see a woman/wife/harlot/daughter/bride/bondwoman/a barren woman (including their names, or images such as towers, gardens, mountains, cities, fields, or what she sits on, or the kingdom of God, or what she is clothed in, etc. etc. etc.) they depict the process of our soul (which is the process of our perception), both individually and collectively.

In the case of this tree in Proverbs, it is the seed (Christ has been made to us, wisdom, righteousness, sanctification, redemption ... all things) that defines where this wisdom, and understanding comes from (connecting itself with the fruit of the womb as to our thoughts), and therefore becomes the reflection of who this is, identifying itself with the soul that is found by the losing it.

Upvote 0

Restoresmysoul

Sep 12, 2014
✟4,252.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
This is very limited in scope, but it is something to start with concerning gender in scripture.

God speaks to us in picture form, which relates to the process in us. So when you see a woman/wife/harlot/daughter/bride/bondwoman/a barren woman (including their names, or images such as towers, gardens, mountains, cities, fields, or what she sits on, or the kingdom of God, or what she is clothed in, etc. etc. etc.) they depict the process of our soul (which is the process of our perception), both individually and collectively.

In the case of this tree in Proverbs, it is the seed (Christ has been made to us, wisdom, righteousness, sanctification, redemption ... all things) that defines where this wisdom, and understanding comes from (connecting itself with the fruit of the womb as to our thoughts), and therefore becomes the reflection of who this is, identifying itself with the soul that is found by the losing it.

Thank you. I admit that I don't quite understand all mysteries. However I struggle to allow myself to go down that road because I fear that it can lead to misunderstanding the plain truth. It may cause us to think that every example and reference to gender in the bible has a symbolic meaning and can lead us to miss the plain truth. Its just seems a bit messy, but may God help me see the truth whatever it may be.

Upvote 0

x141

Sep 25, 2011
Where you are ...
Visit site
✟25,111.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When you see it you will see it, and it will be his doing and assembling, and not your own, or as the scripture says, not that of another (Proverbs 5:15).

The plain meaning becomes deeper the farther you enter into to his word/words, and it becomes a place that you live in, which is what Jesus referenced as being born of water and spirit.

Just as it is one faith, one Lord, one baptism etc. the Bible itself is one narrative of one Word, and one God who is our Father, which has everything to do with what the tree of life in picture is to us as something that Jesus said, is only in the Father, and this as something granted, or as the kingdom, given to be in us.

Upvote 0

Restoresmysoul

Sep 12, 2014
✟4,252.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
When you see it you will see it, and it will be his doing and assembling, and not your own, or as the scripture says, not that of another (Proverbs 5:15).

The plain meaning becomes deeper the farther you enter into to his word/words, and it becomes a place that you live in, which is what Jesus referenced as being born of water and spirit.

Just as it is one faith, one Lord, one baptism etc. the Bible itself is one narrative of one Word, and one God who is our Father, which has everything to do with what the tree of life in picture is to us as something that Jesus said, is only in the Father, and this as something granted, or as the kingdom, given to be in us.

I see that I must not fret or worry over things, I must instead walk by faith not sight which means trusting God no matter what happens in this world. I must be a soldier and put on Gods whole armor, I must serve God with my heart, soul, mind and strength to the best of my ability and I must follow peace with all people and holiness. I must walk in love and separate myself from this world by guarding my heart, my eyes, my thoughts. I must not allow my lustful covetousness and my old man to serve this world but I must serve the Lord. There is no room for pride because I am not a soul winner, I have many problems that seem to make that particular service seem impossible for me, but I still walk in faith and press forward, growing in grace. And even if I was a soul winner, I still could not glory because I know what I am, and I know that only grace sustains me. I must press forward and fight the good fight of faith. But as for the things you speak of, I have no clue.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

x141

Sep 25, 2011
Where you are ...
Visit site
✟25,111.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe Jesus Christ was/is symbolized in the Tree of Life.

Jesus is a tree of life (in symbolism/so is the fruit of the righteous (which he is our righteousness), and a wholesome tongue (seeing that Jesus is a word that proceedeth from the Father as something sent forth and which does not come back void), just as our Father/God would be, being that the life he had in himself was the same life granted to Jesus, but it is also the same life granted to us.

Mark 8:24 And he looked up, and said, I see men as trees, walking.

The tree itself in symbol is the eating of this truth, as well as the truth of the tree is something whose seed is in itself. It is also something that is in the midst of the paradise of God, as it is in the midst of the street, and on either side of the river of life that is in the city which is symbolism as well that speaks to something present. (Take note that the leaves of this tree are for the healing of the nations, which in symbolism is the covering of our nakedness as opposed to our own hands doing this by a fig tree (where you find throughout scripture as something we sit under (in symbolism) as where we contemplate truth, hence leaves equate to thoughts.

Micah 4:4 But they shall sit every man under his vine and under his fig tree; and none shall make them afraid: for the mouth of the LORD of hosts hath spoken it.

The kingdom of God is in us (as well as it is what/where we are in), so all the parables Jesus spoke of using symbolism relate to the reality of this truth being revealed in us.

Upvote 0

x141

Sep 25, 2011
Where you are ...
Visit site
✟25,111.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I see that I must not fret or worry over things

To take no thought and keep your eye single is all that is needed, only he can lead us into all truth, no one else, but it is not something that you don't possess already in that all the Father has, has always been yours, which is how God sees.

Upvote 0

Restoresmysoul

Sep 12, 2014
✟4,252.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I believe Jesus Christ was/is symbolized in the Tree of Life.

Jesus said his words were spirit and life, He also said that whoever hears and obeys His words will be considered wise. Proverbs says that wisdom is a tree of life. Jesus said if we eat HIs flesh we have life in us. I'm not disagreeing that God is the tree, but it seems like His wisdom is part of that tree, and HIs wisdom is part of Him, and he did say HIs words will endure forever.

Pr 3:13 Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that getteth understanding.

Pr 3:18 She is a tree of life to them that lay hold upon her: and happy is every one that retaineth her

John 6:63 The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you—they are full of the Spirit[a] and life

Matthew 24:35 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.

John 6:47 Very truly I tell you, the one who believes has eternal life. 48 I am the bread of life.

51 I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.”

52 Then the Jews began to argue sharply among themselves, “How can this man give us his flesh to eat?”

53 Jesus said to them, “Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. 54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day. 55 For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. 56 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them.

Upvote 0

Restoresmysoul

Sep 12, 2014
✟4,252.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
To take no thought and keep your eye single is all that is needed, only he can lead us into all truth, no one else, but it is not something that you don't possess already in that all the Father has, has always been yours, which is how God sees.

What you say about keeping focused on the Lord seems relevant today.Today I woke up with unwanted feelings that are unpleasant. These feelings use to be a trigger for depression and fear, but praise God, He taught me to wait on Him and to pray. To me this is spiritual warfare, I cant let those feelings bear the fruit of fear and depression, instead I will wait on the Lord. Amen. :)

Psalm 27
The Lord is my light and my salvation—
whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life—
of whom shall I be afraid?

I remain confident of this:
I will see the goodness of the Lord
in the land of the living.

Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart
and wait for the Lord.

Upvote 0

x141

Sep 25, 2011
Where you are ...
Visit site
✟25,111.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What you say about keeping focused on the Lord seems relevant today.Today I woke up with unwanted feelings that are unpleasant. These feelings use to be a trigger for depression and fear, but praise God, He taught me to wait on Him and to pray. To me this is spiritual warfare, I cant let those feelings bear the fruit of fear and depression, instead I will wait on the Lord. Amen. :)

Psalm 27
The Lord is my light and my salvation—
whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life—
of whom shall I be afraid?

I remain confident of this:
I will see the goodness of the Lord
in the land of the living.

Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart
and wait for the Lord.

Since this discussion is on symbolism, you could look at your situation this morning as the same place Abraham found himself when cutting covenant with God, he had to shew the fowl off his sacrifice, which sacrifice in scripture always has to do with our soul. But take heart, there is a path no fowl knows of and no vulture's eye has ever seen, which you are in the process of coming to, and it is a place where he gives us rest from out enemies round about.

I know where you are at, because I have been there, and I now where you are going to, because that is where I am.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Restoresmysoul

Sep 12, 2014
✟4,252.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Since this discussion is on symbolism, you could look at your situation this morning as the same place Abraham found himself when cutting covenant with God, he had to shew the fowl off his sacrifice, which sacrifice in scripture always has to do with our soul. But take heart, there is a path no fowl knows of and no vulture's eye has ever seen, which you are in the process of coming to, and it is a place where he gives us rest from out enemies round about.

I know where you are at, because I have been there, and I now where you are going to, because that is where I am.

If God wills it, then it will be.

Reactions: x141
Upvote 0

Restoresmysoul

Sep 12, 2014
✟4,252.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I had a thought about the tree of life. In Genesis we see that God put a flaming sword in front of the tree of life, to guard it. I wonder if this is the sword of the spirit in Ephesians 6.

The bible teach us to put Gods commands in our heart and to seek after wisdom as hidden treasure, the sword of the spirit is the Word wisdom is a tree of life.

Upvote 0

Restoresmysoul

Sep 12, 2014
✟4,252.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
The flaming sword seems to be guarding the way to the tree of life

Pr 3:18 She is a tree of life to them that lay hold upon her: and happy is every one that retaineth her

Genesis 3:24 So He drove out the man; and He placed cherubim at the east of the garden of Eden, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to guard the way to the tree of life.

Proverbs 2:1 My son, if you receive my words,
And treasure my commands within you,
2 So that you incline your ear to wisdom,
And apply your heart to understanding;
3 Yes, if you cry out for discernment,
And lift up your voice for understanding,
4 If you seek her as silver,
And search for her as for hidden treasures;
5 Then you will understand the fear of the Lord,
And find the knowledge of God.

Ephesians 6:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God;

Last edited:
Upvote 0

x141

Sep 25, 2011
Where you are ...
Visit site
✟25,111.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The flaming sword guards the way to the tree of life. Christ is the way, the truth and the life, and he says that His words are for wise men to follow.

You are right. The pictures of Christ are throughout the Bible in forms that relate to him and what he is in relationship to us, such as the dead lion that Samson ate honey from.

The sword does not keep one from entering but keeps the way open, and is the same symbolism found in the words of God over the tree of knowledge, the tree yields it's fruit through obedience, or the keeping of the commandment (which words were spirit, and life). The sword in type is double edged, it both slays and makes alive again (which concerns our soul in the laying down and the picking back up of it again, or the finding it by losing it).

Upvote 0