usa
✟42,422.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
so where is their argument for the third temple?
- man of sin -
that is all they got
-and-
they have to distort many other passages in order to make this work -
who are these people? -
they are futurists who don't even recognize the fulfillment of what daniel prophesied over 25 hundred years ago
-so-
what are they waiting for besides the third temple? -
what are the jews waiting for? -
the first coming -
there will always be those who just don't get it -
what's the harm? -
they are distorting what Jesus said
-and-
we have to assume what Jesus said is important -
let's look at what Jesus said
- there shall not be left here one stone upon another
- the abomination of desolation, spoken of by daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place -
these christians don't even know what the holy place is let alone where it is
- the muslims know
- they built the dome of the rock
- julian the apostate knew
- the most powerful man in the world tried to build the third temple
-and-
he failed

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
We have John measuring a temple and an alter on earth in Revelation 11, which it's pointed out in that passage it's from there the two witnesses shall prophesy. Kind of hard for them to prophesy from a non-existent temple and alter, especially one that has measurements.

And no, it's not the Dome of the Rock. That is not a temple of God, and it doesn't have an alter to measure. It's not even a Muslim temple, it's a shrine.

Upvote 0

victorinus

catholic
May 15, 2016
usa
✟42,422.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
so who is this 'man of sin' ?
-
many think he is the antichrist -
I don't -
paul is the only one to use this phrase -
more than one roman emperor declared himself to be God
-
the writings of paul have created a lot of confusion
-and-
those promoting the third temple are confused

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We have John measuring a temple and an alter on earth in Revelation 11, which it's pointed out in that passage it's from there the two witnesses shall prophesy. Kind of hard for them to prophesy from a non-existent temple and alter, especially one that has measurements.

Nowhere in the passage do we find the words "on earth".

Rev 11:1  Then I was given a reed like a measuring rod. And the angel stood, saying, "Rise and measure the temple of God, the altar, and those who worship there. 

The verse below says the temple is "in heaven".

Rev 11:19  Then the temple of God was opened in heaven, and the ark of His covenant was seen in His temple. And there were lightnings, noises, thunderings, an earthquake, and great hail. 

The following verse from the passage describes the earthly Jerusalem.

Rev 11:8  And their dead bodies will lie in the street of the great city which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified. 

Does the verse above sound like a Holy City in a right relationship with God, if it is spiritually like "Sodom and Egypt" ?

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Nowhere in the passage do we find the words "on earth".

Rev 11:1  Then I was given a reed like a measuring rod. And the angel stood, saying, "Rise and measure the temple of God, the altar, and those who worship there. 

The verse below says the temple is "in heaven".

Rev 11:19  Then the temple of God was opened in heaven, and the ark of His covenant was seen in His temple. And there were lightnings, noises, thunderings, an earthquake, and great hail. 

The following verse from the passage describes the earthly Jerusalem.

Rev 11:8  And their dead bodies will lie in the street of the great city which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified. 

Does the verse above sound like a Holy City in a right relationship with God, if it is spiritually like "Sodom and Egypt" ?

You do find the location in the very next verse, the location of the ministry of the two witnesses. And concerning them, they will kill people, and the beast will overcome them and kill them, their bodies lie in the street of a city known as Sodom and Egypt, If that screams 'heaven' to you, that's another topic of discussion.

Reactions: Eryk
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You do find the location in the very next verse, the location of the ministry of the two witnesses. And concerning them, they will kill people, and the beast will overcome them and kill them, their bodies lie in the street of a city known as Sodom and Egypt, If that screams 'heaven' to you, that's another topic of discussion.

No. What "screams" to me is the claim that the temple at the beginning of the chapter is on earth instead of in heaven, when the text does not say that.

There is nothing in the text which connects the two witnesses to an earthly temple.

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
No. What "screams" to me is the claim that the temple at the beginning of the chapter is on earth instead of in heaven, when the text does not say that.

There is nothing in the text which connects the two witnesses to an earthly temple.

Ok, if you aren't able to follow the flow past verse 2, then just look at verse 2. John is told to measure the Temple, but not the court of the Temple, which is given to the nations to trample for a time. Are you suggestion the nations will be trampling the courtyard of the Temple in heaven?

Reactions: Eryk
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ok, if you aren't able to follow the flow past verse 2, then just look at verse 2. John is told to measure the Temple, but not the court of the Temple, which is given to the nations to trample for a time. Are you suggestion the nations will be trampling the courtyard of the Temple in heaven?

Are you suggesting there will be a temple rebuilt in Jerusalem where all of the nations will be occupying some part of it?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
THE DOME AREA IS NO INSIGNIFICANT PLACE. IT'S ONE I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO REMIND PEOPLE OF....OTHER THAN GOD SAYS IT'S HIS, AND MUHAMMAD SUPPOSEDLY ASCENDED TO HEAVEN FROM THERE, AND IS ONE OF ISLAM'S MOST HOLY SITES. THAT ALONE IS AN ABOMINATION BECAUSE ISLAM IS ANTICHRIST.

Roman Fort Antonia: Ernest Martin
The Temple Mount and Fort Antonia

Mat 24:1  Then Jesus went out and departed from the temple, and His disciples came up to show Him the buildings of the temple. 
Mat 24:2  And Jesus said to them, "Do you not see all these things? Assuredly, I say to you, not one stone shall be left here upon another, that shall not be thrown down." 

According to the Jewish leader at Masada in 73 AD the only thing left of Jerusalem was that built by the Romans.

Roman Fort Antonia was built to house the thousands of soldiers needed to police the city of Jerusalem during the time of Christ.

According to the Jewish historian Josephus, the Roman fort was built beside of the Jewish temple and connected with a bridge.

Other Roman forts of the time are about the same size and shape as the area now known as "The Temple Mount".

Based on the recent excavations of Israeli archeologist Eli Shukron , a coin found under the foundation stones of the wall known as "The Wailing Wall" proves the wall was built after Herod's temple.

Eli and his team found what they believe to be the basement of Solomon's temple near Gihon Spring.

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Are you suggesting there will be a temple rebuilt in Jerusalem where all of the nations will be occupying some part of it?

Nice dodge. Is that your plan, to avoid the question by asking a different one in an attempt to go off on a new tangent?

Let's make a deal, as soon as you answer my question, I'll answer yours.

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
John was instructed NOT to measure the outer court. I say that's because the Dome occupies this place. It hasn't beentread under foot yet.

11 And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.

2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

It's always good to look at the interlinear. In it, the article is used, that can change things because when it is it implies a special or specific something....

...measure the temple of THE God, and the sacrifice place, and the ones worshiping in it.

Same wording in 2Thes. 2 where it says "sitteth in the temple og the god."

I don't think the two witnesses enter "the shrine." They're found dead in the streets.

THE DOME AREA IS NO INSIGNIFICANT PLACE. IT'S ONE I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO REMIND PEOPLE OF....OTHER THAN GOD SAYS IT'S HIS, AND MUHAMMAD SUPPOSEDLY ASCENDED TO HEAVEN FROM THERE, AND IS ONE OF ISLAM'S MOST HOLY SITES. THAT ALONE IS AN ABOMINATION BECAUSE ISLAM IS ANTICHRIST.

Oddly enough, I agree with BA. I don't think the Temple was on what we refer to the Temple Mount, also primarily based on actual firsthand accounts, such as Josephus and Titus. It was most likely around 600 feet south of that point. Not only is the Dome not significant, the platform it sits on isn't significant either.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Give me a break. I don't know who you're listening to or what you're trying to support, but you need to look at this a bit more objectively. The Temple Mount is Mount Moriah. Mount Moriah is the site of Solomon's and Herod's temple and at the geographical center of Jerusalem's seven mountains. It's also the only piece of ground God Almighty called HIS OWN on this planet. And you say it's insignificant? Even as an anti-Christ monument 'sits upon' it today called the Dome of the Rock and where Muhammad supposedly ascended to heaven? WOW!

The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit,
ascend in the OT ...
Strongs #5927
Transliteration
`alah
Pronunciation
ä·lä' (Key)
Part of Speech
verb
to go up, ascend, climb

Yes, it's insignificant, because it's not where the Temple stood.

Upvote 0