Mar 31, 2005
✟11,328.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Alex lay on his bed of straw. He had been working all day in the fish market down on bakers street. He smelt like fish and he was extremely hot. It was atleast 110 degrees (Farenheit) outside. He took a fan to try and cool himself but the effort was in vain. The extra effort wore him out even quicker. He quickly stripped of his soaked shirt and threw it on the floor.
He walked over to the window and looked over to the Imperial Palace. The pig of a man-King Ferdinand-lay in luctury in his Palace on debtors hill. At one time, the Palace was not an unknown place to his family. Seeing as his father was the Count of Terr'On and all. Alex wiped the sweat off of his body with a dry rag that he got out of a drawer.
His blonde, and usually straight hair, began to curl due to it's sweaty state. He needed a bath. He walked outside, shirt off. He new it wasn't proper but St. Augustinesberg wasn't a proper or Noble town. Besides he didn't mind showing off his muscular figure. He filled up a tub of water in his room with water and heated it under a fire.
Whenever the water was close to boiling he took the fire out from underneath the old tub and poured in ice cold water from the well until the water tempetature was just right. He then bathed. Though he, nor anyone else, bathed more than once a month it made him feel good when he did. Besides, he wanted to look good for the Revolution Meeting that night. Alex got re-dressed and decided to go for a walk and here the gossip of the town in the town square better known as Spencer Square.

WhiteLily

Angel of Music
Apr 14, 2004
Ahh...umm... wait, where am I?
✟13,568.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
*Sophia pulled off her shoulder wrap in the sweltering heat, despite the looks she got from her mother, she also pulled off her over cloak which revealed her tan shoulders. Her mother rolled her eyes and proceded down Spencer Square. Sophia lagged behind humming a song she had made up. She pulled her long, sun colored, hair over one of her shoulders, and sat on a bench looking into the middle of Spencer*

Upvote 0

Nella Fantasia

Sin-Bound
Mar 9, 2005
Visit site
✟28,240.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Heren sat in her quarters of the castle, feeling trapped and frightened as always. She wanted to go out into the sun and dance and laugh as she had so many times before. She wanted to visit the numerous shops and chat away with the traders. She wanted to sit in the tavern and listen to all the stories the travelers insisted were true.

But that was in her past, now she was the queen of Arietta. Of course, it was more of a title than anything else. All King Ferdinand wanted was a pathetic, farm girl who would be able to bear him a son, and unfortunately he had chosen her. Though she would never understand why. Her frame was frail and her looks unappealing; nothing a king would want in a queen and especially the mother of his child.

As she sat deep in her thoughts, Heren suddenly felt a kick in her middle area and she lurched forward a bit, placing her hand on top of her stomach and giving a soft smile. She always longed to feel her child move inside her. It gave her the hope that she needed for her future, knowing she would be able to love and care for some one and for some one to love her in return.

Slowly she let out a sigh, frowning as she did and stared back out of her window. She was also frightened for her baby's life. Her stomach was bulging and it was almost time, but if it wasn't a son...

Heren had heard horrible stories of evil king's beheading their wives and drowning their babies when the woman could not give him a son, but only daughters. She prayed day and night that God had blessed her with a son, not only for her sake, but for her child's as well. Surely God would hear her prayers and grant them, but she was still frightened of each passing day, wondering what will become of her when the child was born.

Upvote 0

Pentecostal Boy

C.S. Lewis/Tolkien Nerd
Mar 31, 2005
✟11,328.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Alex walked into the busy Spencer square. Though it wasn't a happy busy it was better than the nine months before Queen Heren's Pregnancy. But as soon as she had the babe, the Crowned Prince or Princess, the King's Tyrannical nature would surely return. Alex stopped in his tracks as he thought something horrible. But worse... What if Queen Heren didn't have a male heir? The King would be furious. That's probably why the Grand Councleman of the Revolution put so much stress for everyone to come to the revolution.
Alex could see Sophia with her mother. She was driving her nuts again by showing off her bronzen shoulders. But it seemed that other than her mother, no one cared about her utter openess. To make fun of her everyone called her Harley. Which was short for Harlett. Since her mother more or less thought that she was when she wore her short dresses and showed of her shoulders. It was funny to see her reaction. She always back slapped the person who called her that. But seeing as she was just joking too it rarely even made a red mark on anyones skin.
Alex walked into his Grandfathers Tavern. He could smell mutton and broiled chicken being cooked. He could also smell the pungent beer that was in there. Whenever his families Royal title meant something, this tavern would of been a utter disgrace. But ever since King Ferdinand killed his brother this was the most respectable (and profitable) job that a person could have. At night the city was dangerous. Prostitutes and murderes roamed the streets at night like hungry wolves in a barn full of big fat sheep.
But during the day the good people of the city more or less banished them to the West side of Saint Augustinesberg. "Hey Jane," said Alex to the Tavern cook, a dark skinned beautiful Lady who was the best cook in the city,"can I have a bowl of mutton soup please?" Jane smiled at him. "Here you go honey, be careful I just took it out from the fire." Alex smiled as he dug into the hot bowl of soup. The soup never stood a chance. He more or less gulped it down in one huge slurp. He walked out of the Tavern and saw Sophia. He rushed over to her and grabbed an apple into a extremely juicy apple. "Hello Sophia,"said Alex, mouth full.

Upvote 0

WhiteLily

Angel of Music
Apr 14, 2004
Ahh...umm... wait, where am I?
✟13,568.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
*Sophia smiled and nicked Alex's chin with her knuckle, wiping away some juice. She rubbed her hand on her cloak* Hello Alex. If my mother saw me with you like this she would skin me and try to civilize you. *Sophia laughed* I'd like to see that!

Upvote 0

DUNEBRAKE

Palandir
Jan 18, 2006
Texas
✟10,472.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Brindal looked around him, looking for the perfect spot. He was a man of about 18 years of age with thick black hair and hard features. A long braid hung down behind his left shoulder that was of a unique style and make. On his right should a mark was clearly visible. Bindal hardly noticed it anymore but it was the mark of a Templar, seared into his flesh at age 15 it was intricate and could not be copied. His own mark bore the same basic design of all others (a ring, wreathed in flame and ending in a serpents head with a sword set on top of it and rays of light coming from the sword) and had a bolt of lightning heading in a diagonal direction, going underneath the sword but staying on top of the ring of flames. This symbol represented his oath to destroy all that was unholy and vile without cease or second thought.

Not old enough yet to have acquired a full suit of armor Brindal picked up what he could and practiced with it on so as to get used to the hefty weight of it. Thus far he had collected only two pauldrons and two greaves, both of which he was wearing now. The armor was older and had had a previous owner but now came to rest with this young Templar, who had yet to prove his steel. The shirt and pants that he was wearing were a simple grey color, by tradition, and the shirt had the sleeves cut off to help his body stay cool in the sweltering heat. Above all this there was a sword strapped across his back and ready for use if he should but reach back and tug at the weapon slightly. He was allowed to keep his weapon with him at all times, even in the city, because of his order and the oath that came with. *drawing the sword now in preparation of his training Brindal observed it once again, marveling at its fine make.*This particular weapon was of the same make that a countless number of Templar's had had before himself. It was made of solid steel in the blade with a blood reservoir running almost the full length of the sword. its smooth surface was like glass and the hilt of the sword bore the same mark as the one on his shoulder. He know that even the sheath was of fine make. Made of supple leather and coated in bees wax it would not rot not deteriorate with time and weather but would hold the sword until the day he died.

Coming out of his trance with the blade he continued to look. He was standing in the old shipping yards, long since abandoned and left to rot the old docks were full of rats and mice that carried many harmful diseases and plagues. Focusing Brindal began his training. He was old enough now where he didn't have to have a mentor with him in all of his training but would be shown the sword motions and then be made to practise them here, rats being the targets since they were small and agile and much harder to hit than the another swordsman. By this time he had begun to move and rustle barrels, disturbing the Eire silence of the docks with his ears and eyes kept on full alert. It wasn't long before he found what he was looking for. The rats of the old docks were aggressive and most were rabid, attacking you as soon as they had any reason to. After disturbing an old coil of rope a rat leaped at him from the dead center. Without a second thought He brought his sword in an upward and diagonal motion, not a very powerful blow but and excellent one for dispatching rats. Without a sound the blade sliced clean through the small animal, killing it on the spot. Infected and dangerous blood spewed out at Brindal but he had already anticipated this, taking a swift side step he easily got out of the way of the lethal liquid. Bringing his sword up in preparation for a side swing he continued his practices.
((hope its alright that i joined, if i need to change anything in my post let me know (wasn't sure about the use of magic) and id be happy to do so :D))

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Pentecostal Boy

C.S. Lewis/Tolkien Nerd
Mar 31, 2005
✟11,328.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Alex laughed as he wiped away the juice from the apple. "I am so scared,"said Alex sarcastically,"me and you both know that I could probably out run everyone here in this square." Sophia stuck her tongue out playingly at his own self confidence. A bird flew down and grabbed what was left of the skeleton of an apple that Alex had snathched out of Sophia's basket. "HA!," he laughed in a melodious tone that was rarely ever heard the city lately.
"What do you mean cizilize me? Remember, as of my fathers death I am a Count in the old Kingdom!" He always boasted to people about this. But he had to be careful as to he boasted to. As to not let one of the Imperial Gaurds here him. King Ferdinand made it illegal to mention the old kingdom, as the time before his reign had come to be known.

Upvote 0

Pentecostal Boy

C.S. Lewis/Tolkien Nerd
Mar 31, 2005
✟11,328.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
OOC: ((i'm happy to have u! I want to make this realistic so no magiv please... i'm sorry... lol :D Knights templar was real though so I am fine with them. But if u could please be part of my rebellion. I need most of the members to be. So far the only two who aren't r white wings and if ne one plays the king obviouslly he wont rebel against his own rule lol :D thank u for joinin and i'm lookin forward to readin the rest of your posts! :D

~P-Boy))

Upvote 0

DUNEBRAKE

Palandir
Jan 18, 2006
Texas
✟10,472.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
((thanks for the info. ill edit my post so that the magic just goes away :D. Im going to keep the idea of the Templar (just cause there so awesomely cool) but he will be joining the rebellion. Templar's are devoted to the king and the church yes but (in my pen&paper RPG anyway, if its a no go here ill just make a new character and get rid of my post) if their rule and judgement becomes clouded and corrupt they are sworn to actually fight against them and their laws. From what your saying its not going to take much to reveal the truth to Brindal and once has that much he will join the rebellion. Sound good? :D)) (ill post my next actions for my character today, i just dont have time right now :D)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nova Scotian Boy

Grand Sasquatch
Jan 19, 2004
San Diego, CA, USA
✟20,180.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Erasmus awoke to his tiny room of toys and colour. He had dreams that night about the times before all this and briefly he had forgotten what his wife was now. He opened his eyes and looked at his room, it was more like a cell. Despite the fact that Ferdinand dressed him well in jesters clothes and filled his room with childs toys as if he tryly was a simpleton jester. It was his way of makeing him think he wasnt a prisoner when he really was. His room and the fact that between certain hours he was aload to go were he pleased within the palace, however if he was to try to leave then the gaurds were ordered to kill him. It all was more torment then liberty.

Suddenly he was starled upright by the sudden bang of his door opening above him were to disgruntled looking gaurds. "Come noe Fool, the King wishs to be entertained in his throne room. They grbed ahole of him and roughly pushed him ou of his cell.

Upvote 0

DUNEBRAKE

Palandir
Jan 18, 2006
Texas
✟10,472.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Brindal, getting bored of his sword practise sat down against a lone, stone wall. It was cool and time and sand had smoothed it out, making it his favorite place to meditate and think. Brindal was a Templar yes, but he was an independent thinker, always weighing the possibilities and facts before passing judgment or acting. At this time he was thinking upon the state of his kingdom. It was true that a Templar swore himself to the king but in all truth he was just a conduit, you couldn't swear yourself you the kingdom. As long as the king should obey his own laws and pass judgment fairly he was required to serve him in order to serve the kingdom. Brindal knew full well that the king was corrupt and dishonest, the pope had enlightened him to this and had told him to keep a sharp ear out for any news of a rebellion. Already rumors were filtering up through the cast system, it wouldn't be long before the king began to send out his spies and toadies to find out the truth and get to the bottom of the rumors. "i must stay alert and report what i can to the father". Also known as "the father" to Brindal the pope had been the one to raise Brindal from birth, for it was then that a child was chosen to be a future Templar, and so was like a father to him. Standing up he sheathed his sword and began his walk back to the town square where he was to pick up some items for the father and then head to his favorite inn to hear the gossip, hopefully it would reveal a little bit more about the rebellion and those involved in it.

Upon reaching the town square Brindal was reminded of his superior height, he was 6' 2" and thus could see above the heads of the people easily enough. After pushing his way through the teeming masses of people Brindal began to approach a stand which, upon reaching, he began to go through, looking and searching for simple brown cloth. The qualities of cloth and their prices were on target and reasonable and Brindal soon found and purchased what he was looking for.

Upvote 0

Pentecostal Boy

C.S. Lewis/Tolkien Nerd
Mar 31, 2005
✟11,328.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Alex laughed at Sophia's last comment. Then they just stood in an akward silence. It was hot. He felt sorry for Sophia. Even though she had taken off her shawl and the coat that covered her shoulders her many layers of clothing were obviously straining her breathing. Her face was red. If you didn't know Sophia well this would have been something to worry about. But not Sophia, although she looked as delicate as a cherry blossom she was infact rough. She just didn't look it. At all.
"Well Sophia we are standing here like total idiots. I got to get home or else my mother will kill me, goodbye!"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dramaking

All the World's a Stage....
Feb 13, 2005
✟13,111.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
((Bear with me))

The King was in a feast, his few loyal nobles and the merchants who served him all gathered round. He was celebrating the birth of his son and heir. The crowd was laughing and drinking, a bit too much than the situation warrented for they all were a bit awkward at the proposition of sitting through one of the King's famously long and egostical toasts. No one dared to even mention the posibility that the child would not be a boy as that would warrent instant death. The fool was to entertain during dinner but had not yet arrived and so the crowd of flatterers and deceivers were forced to be entertained with their own twisted conversation, the King's bragadocious speeches or most importantly,
ale, wine and ciders. In these days things were to controversial to speak of, such as the recent disappearance of King Fredrick's right hand man. His leader of the Secret Police, it was rumored that before his disapearance a letter was brought to the King signed,

Count Phillepe Saint-Just

This brought an uneasy silence at that meal as they remebered the charasmatic rebel diplomat who's violent death shocked the public.

When this feast began the tables were layed out, each plate was of pure silver, save the King's who's was of gold. The main platter came with the main course laid on it and with after an extremely lengthy speach by the King, he removed it's ornate lid, and promptly dropped it in horror.

On the platter, where the main dish was meant to be their was a decapitated human head, the missing Commander. On it, inclined by the mans neck was a small letter, it was in a linen envelope sealed with a blood red wax, in the shape of a broken cross.
The Letter Read:

Since you have chosen to ignore my most generous suggestions I give you a peace offering of this most delicious meal. If you continue to ignore my suggestions I will assume you have not been appeased and more...gifts will soon arrive.

P.S. My salary is overdue

Each other plate had another piece of the slaughtered man's flesh on it. He was a famous murderer and the leader of the most violent of the King's militia divisions, no one thought it would catch up with him

ooc: macrebe yes, but it got the point across I think. And Erasmus should be on his way in by now.

Upvote 0

Pentecostal Boy

C.S. Lewis/Tolkien Nerd
Mar 31, 2005
✟11,328.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
WhiteLily said:
*Sophia stood* Whatever, let's go. I hope you mother doesn't mind me borrowing some clothes, these things are suffocating me!

"I don't think that she'd mind but if I was you I would ask Mother first."

Upvote 0

DUNEBRAKE

Palandir
Jan 18, 2006
Texas
✟10,472.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Finding the cloth he required Brindal folded it up carefully and, after swinging his sword off of his back, rapped it around his sheath, tying it off with some twine that he carried around for any possible use. Once he had finished tying the twine in a secure knot he strapped the blade back across his back and took long even strides across the town square, keeping his gaze straight ahead and focused on the inn across the street. Without warning the crowed moved and there sat a young man who was just standing in the middle of the square. Bringing himself to a complete halt by some miracle he stopped only a few inches from him and communicated his apologies.

((this is your character pentecostal boy, sry for the weired meet up but i couldn't think of anything else))

Upvote 0