Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
With specific regard to the Trinity (the triune nature of the one God).

The precise jargon I am referring to:
  • Father (which I will designate God Individual A) "#A"
  • Son (God Individual B) "#B"
  • Holy Spirit (God Individual C) "#C"
All three Individuals in the Godhead are a Father of something.
  • #C is the Father of Truth (John 16:13) and of scripture (2 Peter 1:20-21 / 2 Timothy 3:16)
  • #B is the Father of creation (John 1:3 / Colossians 1:16 / Nehemiah 9:6 / Isaiah 44:24)
  • #A is the Father of Jesus (John 1:14 / John 3:16-18) ← the One who we primarily refer to as "the Father"
All three are Holy (Psalm 99:9) All three are Spirit (John 4:24). But not all three are referred to as the Holy Spirit

And while the Son designation clearly refers only #B, there is confusion about His being an eternal son (which he is not
according to Hebrews 1:5 which states he will become a Son when he is begotten n body see Hebrews 10:5 which incidentally
is when the Father becomes a Father). Neither was true before the incarnation.

Since all creation in the beginning is revealed to be the act of God the Word (John 1:3 / Colossians 1:16) which he did alone by himself (Nehemiah 9:6 / Isaiah 44:24) though he was in company with the Father (1 John 1:1-2) and the Spirit of God (Genesis 1:1-2)... we learn:

Genesis 1:1
In the beginning God the Word created the heavens and the earth.

And:

Luke 3:38
... the son of Enosh, the son of Seth, the son of Adam, the son of God the Word.

We also learn that Jesus is YHVH the LORD Yahweh Jehovah (John 1:3 / Colossians 1:16 / Nehemiah 9:6 / Isaiah 44:24) confirming His claim in John 8:58.

That when we take each Individual of the Godhead back to the clinical categorization (#A, #B, #C) it helps clarify our understanding of the Triune God. For each are unique in their individuality and offices held as well as their part in the salvation of man.

OldAbramBrown

Jul 4, 2023
England
✟22,720.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
And while the Son designation clearly refers only #B, there is confusion about His being an eternal son (which he is not
according to Hebrews 1:5 which states he will become a Son when he is begotten n body see Hebrews 10:5 which incidentally
Son always was Son and Father, Father. His body in earthly time was anticipated prophetically by those who worshipped in truth.

Upvote 0

JohnD70X7

Feb 10, 2021
Southwest
✟56,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Son always was Son and Father, Father. His body in earthly time was anticipated prophetically by those who worshipped in truth.

Hebrews 1:5 (KJV)
5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I WILL BE to him a Father, and he SHALL BE to me a Son?

Means neither were true before the incarnation.

Upvote 0