The Smackdown: 'Lost Boys' vs. 'Twilight'

'Twilight' or 'The Lost Boys' FTW - choose!

• Twilight

• The Lost Boys

• I can't decide!!! Shame on myself for not choosing TLB!

Results are only viewable after voting.

jameseb

Smite me, O Mighty Smiter!
Mar 3, 2004
North Little Rock, AR
✟117,268.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
'The Lost Boys'

lostboys2.jpg

'Twilight'

movie_cullens6.jpg

I weep for this newb generation ("Generation n00b" has a nice ring to it :p ) of vampire fans. :p I mean, the pictures alone say so much about the differences - masculine vs. emo, grit vs. "sparklies", dark vs. ... Disney-ishness? :p

Of course there are several other vampire movies certainly worth mentioning (I'm a huge fan of 'Interview with the Vampire' and enjoyed the books, particularly 'The Vampire Lestat'), but I think the contrast between these two movies stands out the most.

Feel free to vote, but definitely be sure to slam one or the other here in a free-for-all fun bash. :)

P.S.

If you vote 'Twilight', I must insist you delete your CF account, log off your computer and stand in the corner for the next 72 hours singing, 'Cry Little Sister' from the 'Lost Boys' soundtrack. :mad:

YouTube - The Lost Boys ~ Cry LIttle Sister by G Tom Mac HQ

jameseb

Smite me, O Mighty Smiter!
Mar 3, 2004
North Little Rock, AR
✟117,268.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I've never seen The Lost Boys. :sorry:

You are FIRED! I haven't even hired you for anything yet, but you are FIRED already!!! :mad:

Okay... there's some hope for you - watch that video above for a taste of The Lost Boys, then promptly go rent it. :thumbsup:

Oh, and I'm timing you...

*looks at his watch*

Upvote 0
E

Elmcer

I am confused, because i think the Twilight cast is better looking then TLB cast... and TLB doesnt seem very interesting to me. but i have mixed feelings on vampires....i wouldnt mind if i met a vampire girl that loved me and took care of me...and if i really fell for her, i would probably let her make me a vampire too....but i dunno about the whole drinking blood thing, it grosses me out...it seems painful to bite someone and drink their blood so i dunno.. i tried biting myself to see if could bleed and it REALLY HURT!

Upvote 0

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I LOVED The Lost Boys when it came out. It's an awesome, dark, sexy, funny movie. It does have some stuff that I'd consider inappropriate for Christian audiences though (sex, violence, gore).

Nothing compares to Twilight though, James lol. You'll just have to accept that. Hating on it is not going to change the fact that it's a worldwide phenomenon. You don't have to like it (I can't stand other world-famous icons that I won't name), but let others have their enjoyment!

Twilight FTW.
Twilight_Poster_by_evenstarre01.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Amber.ly

Predictably eccentric and honestly hypocritical
Mar 1, 2010
Gone- PM if you need me
✟22,486.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I saw the first 20 minutes of the new version of Lost Boys and it was so gory and gruesome I turned it off. I don't mind violence and blood but it just struck me as a movie with no plot, just sensationalized violence. Not worth my time.

I hate the Twilight movies but am a big fan of the books. So I voted Twilight.

And since this is a free for all bashing thread: the only redeeming thing about the Twilight movies is the character of Alice. The end.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Stravinsk

Neo Baroque/Rococo Classical Artist
Mar 4, 2009
Australia
✟9,955.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Politics
US-Libertarian
I saw the first 20 minutes of the new version of Lost Boys and it was so gory and gruesome I turned it off. I don't mind violence and blood but it just struck me as a movie with no plot, just sensationalized violence. Not worth my time.

I hate the Twilight movies but am a big fan of the books. So I voted Twilight.

And since this is a free for all bashing thread: the only redeeming thing about the Twilight movies is the character of Alice. The end.

I haven't seen the new version, but the original "The Lost Boys" is worth seeing.

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
i read the first twilight book and it was creeeeeepy

Bella is a Mary Sue
everyone seems to love her for no real reason
the Cullens are not interesting, all of them too perfect, kind carring, rich, pretty
spoilers
I think it us funny that in the second book Edward would be killed if he went out in the sun in italy, because it would be "reaveling to the world vampires are real" i mean if I saw a sparkly man in italy, i would not go "ahaha it is a vampire, i knew it" I mean, it just does not make sense
sparkles + only drinking animal blood (for the Cullens if not for the other vampires) = not real vampire
some people like the idea of a creepy 100 year old stalker who watches teen girls sleep and treats them like children (removing the engine from bellas car, sounds like a dominearing parent grounding a child)

Upvote 0

Aino

God's own
May 16, 2009
Finland
✟37,132.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i read the first twilight book and it was creeeeeepy

Bella is a Mary Sue
everyone seems to love her for no real reason
the Cullens are not interesting, all of them too perfect, kind carring, rich, pretty
spoilers
I think it us funny that in the second book Edward would be killed if he went out in the sun in italy, because it would be "reaveling to the world vampires are real" i mean if I saw a sparkly man in italy, i would not go "ahaha it is a vampire, i knew it" I mean, it just does not make sense
sparkles + only drinking animal blood (for the Cullens if not for the other vampires) = not real vampire
some people like the idea of a creepy 100 year old stalker who watches teen girls sleep and treats them like children (removing the engine from bellas car, sounds like a dominearing parent grounding a child)

LOL! :D I so agree. I didn't finish the book though, it was too annoying!

Upvote 0

Amber.ly

Predictably eccentric and honestly hypocritical
Mar 1, 2010
Gone- PM if you need me
✟22,486.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I haven't seen the new version, but the original "The Lost Boys" is worth seeing.

I watched the new version based on a friend recommending it to me because she knew of my love of all things vampire. But she neglected to tell me there was two different versions. So maybe I will watch the old version and give it another chance. Plenty of people on here seem to like it.

Upvote 0