the sims

can anybody tell me about this game. I have thought about getting it for a long time but I haven't found any demos online. I honestly can't find a lot of detailed description on it either. I know it is suppose to be a very realistic game. I wanted to try before I buy. I found the original version on sale at E-Bay pretty cheap, but does the original Sims run on windows XP? Any info would be appreciated...Thanks:wave:

aaron

Prayer Warrior
Nov 3, 2002
✟17,070.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
about it running on XP, it will tell you on the box. About what the game is all about. You start out by making a family and naming them giving them the clothes you want and personality you want. They start out with 20,000 dollars and then you have to build a house. You get them a job for them to make money and then you can get them promoted and demoted. You also buy stuff to make them happy and other stuff. I guess this is a pretty good description of it. If you have more questions feel free to PM me and I will get back to you ASAP.

Upvote 0

jon1101

Dec 31, 2001
Hillsdale, Michigan
Visit site
✟1,871.00
Faith
Christian
I enjoyed the game quite a lot, but there came a point where my character had all of his skills maxed and more consistent friends than were needed to become a star entertainer, so there wasn't much challenge left... so I made a new character named Uncle Allan who operates a crime ring from his bedroom and systematically manipulates the women of the neighborhood into coming up to his room with him where he shoves them into his closet and lets them die of starvation. So far he's got a good many urns lined up in this closet of his *maniacal laugh*. Yeah, and having imagination enough to create a bit of a storyline really makes it much more interesting than just droning on and collecting material wealth.

-jon

Upvote 0

pace

Jun 5, 2002
Visit site
✟16,495.00
Faith
Agnostic
Sims is a great game, but aint playing it that much. But I like the whole idea, and I can understand/feel the greatness.

But maybe I would recomend you to wait for Sims Online instead. I'm definetly going to get it! :D

I've got the feeling it's going to be a huge community tho, huuuuuuuge lol. So maybe the creators will have some server problems

Upvote 0

Screamin-GOD-Till-I-Die

Mr Cheese MY BIG BROTHERE
Jan 8, 2003
Visit site
✟250.00
Originally posted by jjoel
i played the game for 2 hours (its my sisters game) i got bored of it FAST lol. im sorry but my own life is troublesome enough i dont gotta worry about a computer life. i think the game is annoying but if its your thing go for it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
when I play it, I play for hours and can't seem to stop. I downloaded a program that lets me adjust their characteristics, and while I thought that was cool cuz I was stuck in a rut, it took away from the fun and challenge. I want to have the pets expansion pack, but since I have school work to do, I'd better not.

Upvote 0
Unleashed is a good add-on becuase it adds interactive pet and pests as well as many new families , careers and a larger neighbourhood.

Hot Date and Vacation are iffy for content but add a Downtown area and holiday isle respectively.

House party has a name that speaks for itself. Shame the content doesn't.

Livin-it-up is nice. Nothing else , just 'nice'.

If you get the expansion packs , get them in order.

Websites to visit for plug-ins (new meshes , new wallpaper , carpets , objects , skins etc) are sevendeadlysims, thesimsresource and themallofthesims as well as thesims.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

beanbagboy1982

Feb 20, 2003
Edinburg Tx
Visit site
✟196.00
Faith
Christian
Great game to play with a girlfriend or wife, when me and my girl fight we play this game, we name characters after each other and then we get married and have kids, its safe fun without the hardships of a marriage, be caredful though because it can get addicting fast!!

Upvote 0

Alenci

To God be the glory
Sep 2, 2002
Lost in thought
Visit site
✟16,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
8th January 2003 at 05:21 PM Cancer To Iniquity said this in Post #5 (http://www.christianforums.com/showthread.php?postid=555090#post555090)

I enjoyed the game quite a lot, but there came a point where my character had all of his skills maxed and more consistent friends than were needed to become a star entertainer, so there wasn't much challenge left... so I made a new character named Uncle Allan who operates a crime ring from his bedroom and systematically manipulates the women of the neighborhood into coming up to his room with him where he shoves them into his closet and lets them die of starvation. So far he's got a good many urns lined up in this closet of his *maniacal laugh*. Yeah, and having imagination enough to create a bit of a storyline really makes it much more interesting than just droning on and collecting material wealth.

-jon

Wow! That's very original. A tad frightening, but I must admit, very creative. :D

I hate that game. It just seemed so stupid. I have my own life, so why do I have to control the life of a make-believe person?

Upvote 0