Visit site
✟15,547.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
There is a thread much like this one here but I thought I would write a new response to clear up what I have said before. I beilive in the sign gifts, however, I take a stand much like the UMC stand that is they are not approprate for corporate worship. The sign gifts are much debated now days and I have a question where in the Bible is "Slain in the Spirit" a gift? Remember it was Paul writing to the Corinthian Chruch who said {I paraphrase} *I would rather you spoke in many words of regular speach than in one word of tounges.*

Upvote 0

HeatherJay

Kisser of Boo-Boos
Sep 1, 2003
Tennessee
Visit site
✟41,276.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I believe the Holy Spirit moves within each of us in the way that's most appropriate for us...meaning that I believe God can touch a person in anyway he wants to, but I don't believe that tongues or being 'slain in the spirit' is necessary to indicate the presence of the Holy Spirit within us. :) And, although our congregation worships freely (clapping hands, lifting hands toward heaven, replying with an 'Amen'), I somewhat doubt that those sorts of things would occur during one of our services.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.