✟383,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello again! It seems I have another question. It has to do with this passage:

Matthew 25:31-46 NASB "But when the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the angels with Him, then He will sit on His glorious throne. (32) "All the nations will be gathered before Him; and He will separate them from one another, as the shepherd separates the sheep from the goats; (33) and He will put the sheep on His right, and the goats on the left. (34) "Then the King will say to those on His right, 'Come, you who are blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. (35) 'For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in; (36) naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.' (37) "Then the righteous will answer Him, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry, and feed You, or thirsty, and give You something to drink? (38) 'And when did we see You a stranger, and invite You in, or naked, and clothe You? (39) 'When did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?' (40) "The King will answer and say to them, 'Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.' (41) "Then He will also say to those on His left, 'Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels; (42) for I was hungry, and you gave Me nothing to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me nothing to drink; (43) I was a stranger, and you did not invite Me in; naked, and you did not clothe Me; sick, and in prison, and you did not visit Me.' (44) "Then they themselves also will answer, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry, or thirsty, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not take care of You?' (45) "Then He will answer them, 'Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.' (46) "These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."

I am wondering when this occurs. I have thought that it occurs after His coming and before the Millennium, but I got to thinking that the goats are cast into "the eternal fire", and I was under the impression that no one but the Dragon, Beast, and False Prophet was cast into the lake of fire until the great white throne judgment at the end of the Millennium. Also, verse 31 seems to indicate that it occurs right after His return, before the millennium... so now I am confused as to when this judgment takes place. How do you understand it?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts;
Michael

Last edited:

truthisfreedom2019

Feb 28, 2019
Chetwynd
✟160,093.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Nowhere in Matthew, Mark, Luke or John does Jesus teach the Millenium, in fact, he teaches things that do not support it. Neither do the apostles in their writings as far as I am aware of. Matthew 24:14 "And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole world for a witness to all the nations, and then the end shall come." It appears that the book of Revelations is an other gospel.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,150.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello again! It seems I have another question. It has to do with this passage:

Matthew 25:31-46 NASB "But when the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the angels with Him, then He will sit on His glorious throne. (32) "All the nations will be gathered before Him; and He will separate them from one another, as the shepherd separates the sheep from the goats; (33) and He will put the sheep on His right, and the goats on the left. (34) "Then the King will say to those on His right, 'Come, you who are blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. (35) 'For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in; (36) naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.' (37) "Then the righteous will answer Him, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry, and feed You, or thirsty, and give You something to drink? (38) 'And when did we see You a stranger, and invite You in, or naked, and clothe You? (39) 'When did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?' (40) "The King will answer and say to them, 'Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.' (41) "Then He will also say to those on His left, 'Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels; (42) for I was hungry, and you gave Me nothing to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me nothing to drink; (43) I was a stranger, and you did not invite Me in; naked, and you did not clothe Me; sick, and in prison, and you did not visit Me.' (44) "Then they themselves also will answer, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry, or thirsty, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not take care of You?' (45) "Then He will answer them, 'Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.' (46) "These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."

I am wondering when this occurs. I have thought that it occurs after His coming and before the Millennium, but I got to thinking that the goats are cast into "the eternal fire", and I was under the impression that no one but the Dragon, Beast, and False Prophet was cast into the lake of fire until the great white throne judgment at the end of the Millennium. Also, verse 31 seems to indicate that it occurs right after His return, before the millennium... so now I am confused as to when this judgment takes place. How do you understand it?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts;
Michael

Hi and I see Matt 31-46 , shows the second coming of Christ verse 31 !!

In verses 32 -33 divides 3 different people :

His elect !

His Sheep !

His Goats !!

The elect are the Jews who refused the #666 and are made king and priests in the Nillennium !

The Sheep are those in verses 35-40 and protected the Jews and are Gentiles !

The Goats are those from verse 41-46 who persecuted the Jews !!

In verse 46 And these SHALL GO AWAY / APERCHOMAI is in the Greek FUTURE TENSE and these are the ones at the WHITE THRONE JUDGMENT . which is yet to come !!

dan p

• Agree
Reactions: Copperhead
Upvote 0

Copperhead

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2013
✟208,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
The passage is a exposition on Joel 3. The nations (nations - goyim - gentiles) are gathered at the time the Lord returns and are separated out based on how they treated the Hebrew people (Joel 3) which are Yeshua's brethren in the passage from Matthew, as He is Hebrew, the Lion of the Tribe of Judah, of the lineage of David. All Jacob/Israel is His heritage.

It would seem that those (sheep) who treated the Hebrews well during the tribulation period did so because they understood the Gospel of Messiah and embraced it. They are those who came to faith during that period, lived thru it, and have (like us) passed from death to life and they will go into the Messianic Kingdom to repopulate the earth.

Those that are classed as the goats are cast away. At best, they followed "another Jesus" and failed to recognize that the Hebrew people are Messiah's heritage and did not treat them well. At worse, they despised Messiah and His heritage.

A warning to all of us that we should heed. Don't go poking one's finger into the apple of God's eye... the Hebrew people (Zechariah 2:8). Read this passage in Matthew 25 along side Joel 3.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Copperhead

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2013
✟208,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I think it happens before the Millennium because that whole thousand years is peaceful, and we wouldn't have peace unless the evil is dealt with.

It happens after Messiah has returned and established His rule here on earth. He gathers all the nations and separates them out.

Well, I am not sure the Kingdom will be as "peaceful" as some imagine. There will still be death in the Kingdom. Some will refuse to follow the prescription that all will be required to come into the Land to honor the Feast of Tabernacles, and those who do not will have rain withheld from their own land. Yeshua has to rule with "a rod of iron" which implies having to swiftly and firmly deal with those that get out of line. When Satan is released at the end of the 1000 years, there seems to be a lot of discontent with Messiah's reign that Satan is able to foment a major last rebellion against Messiah.

Those of the nations who survive the tribulation period and were deemed worthy (sheep), like us have passed from death to life, go into the Kingdom as mortals will still retain their sin nature just as we as redeemed believers do now. They will have children who also have that sin nature. And I am certain some of those children will not have the historical perspective about things and not be as embracing of the Messiah's rule over them. The apple does not fall far from the tree. Just like Adam in the perfection of the Garden chose to go his own way, so will many who are living in the restored earth of the Kingdom will choose to go their own way.

Last edited:
Upvote 0