Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
You mean like the Jews, who will think the prince who shall come is their messiah ? No they are not going to take notice, because the Jews (Judaism) have a sketchy view of Christian eschatology and/or think it is based on fairly tales, i.e. made up stuff coming from the apostles.

The great falling away (from believing Jesus is the messiah) in 2Thessalonians2:3 will be because many Christians will at the time of the Antichrist's initial enbracement by the Jews will think that the Jews were right all along.

It is not a "seven year covenant" in Daniel 9:27, but he (the prince who shall come) confirms the Mt Sinai covenant for 7 years. But most Christians are not aware of Deuteronomy 31:9-13 to know that is where the confirms the Mt Sinai covenant for 7 years, come from.

Most Christians, imo, have been conditioned by popularized bible prophecy teachers over the past fifty years to think that the covenant is a peace treaty involving Israel. And when it turns out not to be a peace treaty - the Jews (Judaism) will say - "see, we told you so. The messianic age has now begun."
Doug you are still at it.

I remind you, the prince came and the temple was destroyed, hadn't you noticed that the temple is long gone, or do you think the Dome on the Rock is the temple.

Somewhere you mentioned the 10 Germanic tribes. Please tell me where you got Germanic from in scripture, thanks.

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟360,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Doug you are still at it.

I remind you, the prince came and the temple was destroyed, hadn't you noticed that the temple is long gone, or do you think the Dome on the Rock is the temple.

Somewhere you mentioned the 10 Germanic tribes. Please tell me where you got Germanic from in scripture, thanks.
I did not mentioned 10 Germanic tribes. 10 Germanic tribes are not part of my beliefs.

Persons who take the Reformers view that the pope/papacy are the Antichrist, believe that ten Germanic tribes were part of the fulfillment of the pope being the Antichrist.

Again, I don't hold to those beliefs. The Antichrist is still future. He has to be a Jew.

David, please go to the "Let's organize" thread.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Aug 25, 2023
LA
✟2,613.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No, because the last week is not future. That is a futurist falacy.
Then what is Ezekiel referring to in his prophecies? For he was a captive in Babylon writing about the demise of the house of Israel and we all know kingdom of Israel was long gone by then. Also note the similarity in Ezekiel 3:3 with Revelation 10:9.

Upvote 0
Aug 25, 2023
LA
✟2,613.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I did not mentioned 10 Germanic tribes. 10 Germanic tribes are not part of my beliefs.

Persons who take the Reformers view that the pope/papacy are the Antichrist, believe that ten Germanic tribes were part of the fulfillment of the pope being the Antichrist.

Again, I don't hold to those beliefs. The Antichrist is still future. He has to be a Jew.

First three revivals of the beast are done without the Catholic Church blessings so they are plucked up by the roots as mentioned in Daniel 7:8.
Fourth revival - Justinian
Fifth revival - Charlemagne
Sixth revival - Otto the Great
Seventh revival - Charles V
Eighth revival - Napoleon
Ninth revival - Hitler & Mussolini
Tenth revival - In the future

Doug, I agree with you though that the Antichrist has to be a Jew or at least a Crypto-Jew. And the pope cannot be an antichrist type since it belongs to the entity in Revelation 17:1.

Upvote 0
Aug 25, 2023
LA
✟2,613.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
By Germanic tribes do you mean Holy Roman Empire revivals? For the latter we have 666 as the gematria of Caesar Nero in Hebrew. From Rev 13:8: "Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast. It is six hundred and sixty six." Implication is the beast refers to revivals of Holy Roman Empire until the last one.

Upvote 0

grafted branch

Site Supporter
Feb 21, 2019
Washington
✟260,525.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You mean like the Jews, who will think the prince who shall come is their messiah ? No they are not going to take notice, because the Jews (Judaism) have a sketchy view of Christian eschatology and/or think it is based on fairly tales, i.e. made up stuff coming from the apostles.
If the sacrifices were to start up again, this forum along with many others would be inundated with posts full of speculation about what is happening. If the sacrifices were then to cease, again we would be inundated with speculation, including speculation that the second coming would be exactly 3.5 years away.

There is no way of getting around the idea that a future seventieth week coincides with knowing the day of His second coming.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟360,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
If the sacrifices were to start up again, this forum along with many others would be inundated with posts full of speculation about what is happening. If the sacrifices were then to cease, again we would be inundated with speculation, including speculation that the second coming would be exactly 3.5 years away.

There is no way of getting around the idea that a future seventieth week coincides with knowing the day of His second coming.
I agree this forum will have that kind of activity as soon as the daily sacrifices starts up again - assuming the rapture has not taken place before then.

This forum may be less active when the daily sacrifice is stopped, because the rapture will have taken place before then.

When the person becomes the beast-king, this forum and other Christian forums will likely be shutdown by the authorities.

Upvote 0

grafted branch

Site Supporter
Feb 21, 2019
Washington
✟260,525.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I agree this forum will have that kind of activity as soon as the daily sacrifices starts up again - assuming the rapture has not taken place before then.

This forum may be less active when the daily sacrifice is stopped, because the rapture will have taken place before then.

When the person becomes the beast-king, this forum and other Christian forums will likely be shutdown by the authorities.
Alright, then how is it that Matthew 24:36 says of that day and hour knoweth no man? This verse would be false once a future seventieth week starts correct?

Upvote 0

David Kent

Continuing Historicist
Aug 24, 2017
Ashford Kent
✟116,777.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative

I have not seen that thread. I'll take a look.

It is not only reformers that taught that the Antichrist is the papacy, theise Christians before the reformation also taught it. The Vatican also knows it which is why they banned the bible for centuries, burning bibles an those that published them and those that read them. When the bible became available after the reformation, the famed Catholics from reading Revelation, but then the changed and published bits on it and began the futurist teaching, agreeing that the bible referred to the Pope, but a future Pope at the end of time.

Your futurist teaching is based on Jesuit writers, such as Robert Belarmine. Futurism is part of the papal counter reformation and in teaching it you are working for that.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟360,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Alright, then how is it that Matthew 24:36 says of that day and hour knoweth no man? This verse would be false once a future seventieth week starts correct?
Matthew 24:36 is Jesus coming for the rapture/resurrection.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Aug 25, 2023
LA
✟2,613.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

In end time prophecies God is mainly interested in how his True Church does his daily work i.e. bringing spiritual meat before God's altar in heaven. The mistake many people make is that they believe a real temple shall be built in Jerusalem and real animal sacrifices shall resume. That is not the case and no way Arab countries would allow the physical temple be built in Jerusalem. It's one of the reasons why Iran wants the nuclear bomb.

Please note that when the sacrifices stop (i.e. the daily God's work ceases) it's time for the True Church to flee to safety. Like in 69 AD when the Church in Jerusalem escaped to Pella so shall it be in end time. So no, Matthew 24:36 is not incorrect either - only the chosen few shall know when the time is right (and so far unknown) to flee and 3.5 years shall ensue afterwards of the beast dominion.

It's crucial to also understand that Daniel's last week contains segments of time within it and in between time flows. What I mean by this is that for the first 3.5 years a covenant shall be struck. then some time shall pass and then the rest of Daniel's week shall resume when the True Church flees. The two witnesses shall take then the role of preaching the gospel of the Kingdom of God until they are killed by the beast.

Let me give you a timeline from Revelation:

Day Of The Lord

From Rev 18:8 we have “Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong is the Lord God who judged her.” Still, from Rev 18:6 “Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double.” From Job 41:13 “Who can discover the face of his garment? or who can come to him with his double bridle?” Also from Job 11:6 “And that he would shew thee the secrets of wisdom, that they are double to that which is! Know therefore that God exacted of thee less than thine iniquity deserves.” Lastly from Jeremiah 17:18 “Let them be confounded that persecute me, but let not me be confounded: let them be dismayed, but let not me be dismayed: bring upon them the day of evil, and destroy them with double destruction.”

The above implies that the day of the Lord shall be 2 years.

Seventh Trumpet

Rev 11 is about the protection of the very elect and the persecution of the Laodicean Church during the tribulation as Gerald Flurry mentions. It also talks about contemporaneous prophesying of two witnesses. Note that when the two witnesses die the seventh trumpet sounds and the angels with the seven plagues gather (Rev 15:1). Following Herbert Armstrong Rev 12, Rev 13 and Rev 14 are insets so the story flow jumps from Rev 11 to Rev 15 and 16. Also Rev 17 and Rev 18 are insets so story then flows to Rev 19 directly from Rev 16.

From all of this one can conclude that when the seventh angel blows the seventh trumpet two years remain until it’s done (Rev 16:17). Since, 3.5 years are allotted to the beast (Rev, Daniel etc.) this implies that 1.5 years remain. How to account for them?

Sixth Trumpet

From Rev 9:15 a year and a month are prepared so we have 13 months or 390 days.

Fifth Trumpet

From Rev 9:5 five months or 150 days are given to the locusts.

First to Fourth Trumpet

Note that Rev. 8 has all four first trumpets together. This implies that probably those first four are going to be very close to each other in occurrence.

1260 Days

Hence, from the time angel blows the first trumpet to when it’s all done, 0+150+390+720 = 1260 days pass. This accords with 42 months, or 3.5 years where the beast shall have rule. One can see this also from Rev 9:2 when this accords with the time the bottomless pit is opened and as we know the beast shall ascend out of the bottomless pit (Rev 11:7) and be given rule for 1260 days.

1290 Days in Daniel 12:11

At the time when Jerusalem is surrounded by armies of end time Antiochus, the elect shall flee to a place of safety and therefore the regular burnt offering shall cease. I believe that is happens 15 days before the seventh seal is opened and then half an hour of heavenly silence ensues. Note that half an hour refers to 15 days of heavenly silence from Rev 8:1. Please note that in Old Testament day was divided into 12 hours, so half an hour corresponds to 15 days. This implies that in order of events Jerusalem is surrounded by armies, 15 days pass to seventh seal then 15 days until end of heavenly silence, then seven trumpets otherwise 1290 days.

Two Witnesses

I believe the two witnesses together shall prophesy for 1260 days together. When they die and are resurrected the Day of The Lord starts. Note that in this calculation there is no need for two of them to prophesy the same amount of time together. I believe one of them shall prophesy for a longer time than the other. This is my reasoning:

From Dan 12:5 “Then I Daniel looked, and, behold, there stood other two, the one on this side of the bank of the river, and the other on that side of the bank of the river. Note that one is closer to Daniel and the other one is further away.

Also, from Dan 12:6 “And one said to the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, How long shall it be to the end of these wonders?”. Lastly, from Dan 12:12 “Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days.”

My interpretation is that the second witness shall prophesy 45+30+540 = 615 days and the first one shall prophesy for 645 days. The sign to the Philadelphians (chosen few) to prepare to leave shall be the start of prophesying of the second witness.

Why is this important? From Deut 19:15 “One witness shall not rise up against a man for any iniquity, or for any sin, in any sin that he sinneth: at the mouth of two witnesses, or at the mouth of three witnesses, shall the matter be established.” Further from Matt 18:19 “Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching anything that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.” Therefore, when the two witnesses agree on everything about the timeline and content of their prophecy then their collective mission starts and the elect prepare to flee to safety.

Upvote 0
Aug 25, 2023
LA
✟2,613.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Friends it has been great chatting with you and this shall be my last post in this forum and it again concerns the two witnesses.

It is clear from Matt 20:23 and Luke 10:40 that there are two places reserved by God The Father, for two people to sit to the right and left of Christ. These two persons shall be mortal since the thieves were mortal who were crucified next to Christ (Matt 27:38 and Luke 23:32). Now these are just the two witnesses and they have a crucial role since they shall come like thieves in the night and bring light in a dark world (1 Thess 5:4). Their testimony shall make the difference between spiritual life and death for the Laodicean Church (since Philadelphian Church has already gone to a place of safety already). They shall be normal people but predestined by God for a very special purpose and they shall be imbued with his power at the right time. They are the two olive trees and from Jeremiah 17:8 and Dan 12:5 they stand by the river one on this bank and the other on that bank. How can they hear each other except they claim out loud the words of God?

Upvote 0

grafted branch

Site Supporter
Feb 21, 2019
Washington
✟260,525.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Matthew 24:36 is Jesus coming for the rapture/resurrection.
Matthew 24:36 is preceded by verse 37 which says as the days of Noe, so shall the coming of the Son of man be. The rapture (if there even is one) can’t be what Matthew 24:36 is referring to, because Luke 17:31 equates the fleeing with the day the Son of man is revealed and as it was in the days of Noe.

Luke 17:26 And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man.

Luke 17:30 Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.

Luke 17:31 In that day, he which shall be upon the housetop, and his stuff in the house, let him not come down to take it away: and he that is in the field, let him likewise not return back.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums