Apr 17, 2013
✟453.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"who taught you that?
they are the Feasts of the Lord that we were/are commanded to keep forever."

Keeping the feasts has nothing to do with one's salvation Zeke .... hopefully you are not suggesting this

Are you an ethnic Israelite?

Keeping the law or any other work will not save you

What I see people doing is using the feasts to attempt to integrate them with the visions of the Bible prophets in order to predict future events scheduled for the end of this present age

There is no integration included in the prophetic scriptures, and one should not be trying to make predictions and date settings by applying the times of the feasts .... whether Israelite or Gentile

The Lord will re-institute feast days when He comes to the earth to rule His future millennial kingdom which will be centered in Jerusalem, but until then keeping the feasts during this present age of His grace has no effect

Last edited:
Upvote 0

zeke37

IMO...
May 24, 2007
✟20,694.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
"who taught you that?
they are the Feasts of the Lord that we were/are commanded to keep forever."

Keeping the feasts has nothing to do with one's salvation Zeke .... hopefully you are not suggesting this
I am suggesting that Paul kept the feasts,
years after the outpouring of Acts2.

he taught Passover/Unleavened Bread/Firstfruits and Weeks as being fulfilled,
and we should KEEP them but KEEP them THAT way, fulfilled.

Are you an ethnic Israelite?
don't know...prob not.
but Israel was scattered a long time ago
into what I believe are today's Christian based nations

but anyone who believes in Christ should understand what these feasts represent,
because they all represent Him in some way, and He fulfilled the \spring feasts all to the day and hour.

Keeping the law or any other work will not save you
I never said it would.
but we don't throw out the commandments and basic principals

the Feasts of the Lord were for all time,
whether as a practice/rehearsal for the future,
or as something already fulfilled in Christ Jesus

What I see people doing is using the feasts to attempt to integrate them with the visions of the Bible prophets in order to predict future events scheduled for the end of this present age
that's an impossibility, if you understand God's biblical calendar
which I talk a lot about recently.

they base al their calculations off of dates that they think are those biblical future feast dates
but they have no way of knowing that until we are at that actual time...

There is no integration included in the prophetic scriptures, and one should not be trying to make predictions and date settings by applying the times of the feasts .... whether Israelite or Gentile
I think we can gain structure,
and know the order of events,
even what days of the biblical year they will fall on
but not in advance.
those that God wants to know, the elect,
will figure it out when they are in those times

but u cannot cacuate them in advance because of the way God keeps time.
it's not based on the sun...it's based on the moon and agricullture

The Lord will re-institute feast days when He comes to the earth to rule His future millennial kingdom which will be centered in Jerusalem, but until then keeping the feasts during this present age of His grace has no effect
I beg to differ....
and there will be no blood sacrifices when the Lord returns.
that would defeat the whole purpose of Christ's atoning sacrifice.

so if u read of any future Feast days, in the Mill, even in Ezekiel or Zec
then look at them through the eyes of someone that understands that they are completey fulfilled...
and will not be done the same way they were in the past

no more blood needed, so what is really going on....

Upvote 0

Literalist

Apr 17, 2013
✟453.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A suggestion would be for you to read Ezekiel [40-47] covering the Lord's coming millennial kingdom upon the earth .... what can you find about animal sacrifice and why do you think the Lord will require this

And did Paul teach keeping required feast days and sabbath days?

Read what He says about placing one day over another, making one day more significant over another .... you can find what he tells about this practice if you look

Upvote 0

Choose Wisely

Forgiven
Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2011
Texas
✟106,222.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If the its 3 feasts were fulfilled perfectly at our Lords 1st coming , why couldn't the remaining ones be fulfilled perfectly at His 2nd coming? Example : Passover ( Jesus death on the cross - lambs were being sacrificed at the very time that our Passover lamb was being crucified). Feast of unleavened bread ( pictures the burial of Jesus) he is the pure sinless, without levin, sacrifice for our sins. Feast if first fruits(pictures Jesus reserection ) as Paul says " but now Christ is risen from the dead, and has become the first fruits of those who have fallen asleep" cor 15:20, rev 1:5.

Pentecost , Shavuot , feasts of weeks, has been partially fulfilled with the birth of the church in acts 2. I believe there is more to come. Please look at my previous posts on this subject in more detail.

The Fall feasts: trumpets, days of atonement , and tabernacles should also be fulfilled on the actual days of our Lords second coming. I believe that if our Lord filled the 1st ones , he will do so with the others also.

Pentecost is a harvest feast. No harvest has occurred.

Upvote 0

bibletruth469

Joyful
Apr 14, 2013
Acworth ga
✟19,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Choose Wisely said:
The popular view is the rapture happening on the feast of trumpets because most don't understand there will be two raptures. The first will be pre trib rapture of the church on Pentecost, like the days of Noah.....Noah is in the ark 7 days before the flood. This occurs at the trump of God or voice of God. The second rapture will happen on the feast of trumpets at the last trump. It will be like the days of Lot. Destruction happens the day Lot leaves Sodom. The ELECT .......chosen people.......will be raptured and all eyes will see the coming of the Lord. For the sake of the ELECT the days will be shortened. If not no flesh would be saved.....meaning there would be no believers alive that would be caught up......they would all be killed.

I was reading pasts posts on this thread. Could you please explain the " elect" .? Is this a separate group from the 2 raptures? You mentioned that the elect are the chosen people. Are you referring to the nation of Israel? Also, in your opinion , does the 2nd one happen at feast of trumpets when every eye will see Him? Please let me know when you get a chance. Thanks

Upvote 0

zeke37

IMO...
May 24, 2007
✟20,694.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
there is not 2 raptures. there is one. and it's at the last day
and every eye will see Him Coming at that day

at that day, the dead will be raised and those of us alive at that time, will be raptured

the elect are the chosen of God.
in the old testament they followed the law, and the Feasts
in the New testament, the are outright defines as Christians

Upvote 0

bibletruth469

Joyful
Apr 14, 2013
Acworth ga
✟19,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
After searching the scriptures, I believe that Gods elect people are everyone who is one of His, not just the Jewish people . Look at Matt24-22,24-31,mark13:22,col 3:12

The Fall feasts of The Lord are yet to be fulfilled. They are listed below:

Trumpets- return of Christ ( every eye shall see him, Matt 24) it's a call to assembly. Blowing of the trumpet .

Days of atonement- Christ returns to the holy of holies and sets up His temple at the end of the tribulation , look at the chapter Hebrews 9

Feast of tabernacles - Christ sets up His milliniem kingdom, Isaiah 33:20 - I believe during that time ,we will adore Him with crowns .

In my opinion , Pentecost ( rapture) is the next event on Gods prophetic calendar . I thes 4

The feasts of The Lord are a shadow and a picture of things to come. Col 2:16-17

Upvote 0

Choose Wisely

Forgiven
Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2011
Texas
✟106,222.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
bibletruth469;62902717] After searching the scriptures, I believe that Gods elect people are everyone who is one of His, not just the Jewish people . Look at Matt24-22,24-31,mark13:22,col 3:12

No doubt, all believers can be considered elect. However, if we understand that the church is gone pre trib, the ELECT in Revelation would be referring to Israel.

Isaiah 45
4 For Jacob my servant's sake, and Israel mine elect, I have even called thee by thy name: I have surnamed thee, though thou hast not known me.

Since we know that the 144000 are of the 12 tribes and are the first fruits.........we know the harvest is Israel. If the firstfruits is pumkins, the harvest is pumkins. Simple enough.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

zeke37

IMO...
May 24, 2007
✟20,694.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Choose Wisely posed an interesting line of thought for me about Pentecost,
about how the Lord Ascended 10 days before Pentecost had fully come.
he basicaly argued that this is a reason why Pentecost was not fulfilled yet, basically.

it bugged me, because I could not think of why the Lord had left 10 days before.
I had always thought He ascended that same day, just before the Tongues of fire miracle
but obv. that is not true.
so I have to amend, to follow scripture.
i knew I did not have the answer, but I knew one existed in the scriptures.
so I started to search....

blank, blank, blank...hard subject...
a few foks have an opinion
but not the usual plethora of them, as with most other subjects.
none spoke to me, and then I found a line of thought that should help us solve this question.

if Pentecost was fulfilled, then we should see some significant parallels
with that 40th day after He was risen, in the Exodus story, right?

after a few days of searching, i think this site I've linked to
has helped me see the significance of why the Lord ascended 10 days before.

check out the facts about that day
briefly, it was the day that the Israelites arrived at the wilderness of Mt Sinai
and camped for 10 days, waiting for the actual event
of Moses receiving the Word and giving it to the people

this is a parallel with Christ in many ways
it is more proof that He fulfilled that Feast too.

The Exodus Route: Wilderness of Sinai

Last edited:
Upvote 0

zeke37

IMO...
May 24, 2007
✟20,694.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Pentecost is a harvest feast. No harvest has occurred.

I agree that there has been no harvest yet on the feast of Pentecost .

More to follow later.

I concur...:)
u guy are all part of that harvest.
as are all the dead in Christ who are already gathered to Him
the harvest is continual until the next one in the fall.

it is indeed fulfilled....
it's fulfillment birthed the church, from the disciples to the masses
and is the Great Commission.

while it may certainly be an ongoing process,
it is certain that what was done at Mt Sinai,
has been fulfilled with the Holy Spirit outpouring in Acts2

Upvote 0

dfw69

Pre-Tribulation Pre- False Messianic Age
Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
u guy are all part of that harvest.
as are all the dead in Christ who are already gathered to Him
the harvest is continual until the next one in the fall.

it is indeed fulfilled....
it's fulfillment birthed the church, from the disciples to the masses
and is the Great Commission.

while it may certainly be an ongoing process,
it is certain that what was done at Mt Sinai,
has been fulfilled with the Holy Spirit outpouring in Acts2

I as a futurist see the harvest as a finished redemption ...the promised fulfilled... When Jesus returns for us in the air... And takes us to his father ....in heaven... When the wheat is taken to his barn...our bodies changed like he is.... Full salvation not in part... Full revelation not in part... The promises fulfilled to the church of Jesus christ...with crowns on our heads ... Clothed in white garments...redeemed fully from the powers of this world

Upvote 0

zeke37

IMO...
May 24, 2007
✟20,694.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I as a futurist see the harvest as a finished redemption ...the promised fulfilled... When Jesus returns for us in the air... And takes us to his father ....in heaven... When the wheat is taken to his barn...our bodies changed like he is.... Full salvation not in part... Full revelation not in part... The promises fulfilled to the church of Jesus christ...with crowns on our heads ... Clothed in white garments...redeemed fully from the powers of this world
the part that I will disagree with, is how u liken the rapture to the wheat part.
Rev shows the end time harvest is abut the grape harvest, at least in Rev itself...

it is in the 10 days of awe, in between Trumpets and Atonement that Rev7 takes place in,
whether that's the rapture or not....
it is a time of reflection, making one ready to be Atoned for.

Upvote 0

Choose Wisely

Forgiven
Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2011
Texas
✟106,222.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
if Pentecost was fulfilled, then we should see some significant parallels
with that 40th day after He was risen, in the Exodus story, right?

after a few days of searching, i think this site I've linked to
has helped me see the significance of why the Lord ascended 10 days before.

check out the facts about that day
briefly, it was the day that the Israelites arrived at the wilderness of Mt Sinai
and camped for 10 days, waiting for the actual event
of Moses receiving the Word and giving it to the people

this is a parallel with Christ in many ways
it is more proof that He fulfilled that Feast too.

The Exodus Route: Wilderness of Sinai

No offense but the site didn't really show me anything. What happens 10 days before Pentecost has nothing to do with Pentecost being fulfilled. If you want to understand why Jesus ascended into to heaven to be with the father, you might look here.

Exodus 34:26
The first of the firstfruits of thy land thou shalt bring unto the house of the Lord thy God.

Jesus is the first of the firstfruits and was brought into the house of the Lord thy God.

Firstfruits is fulfilled with Jesus. Pentecost will be fulfilled with the pre trib rapture when the barley and wheat cakes are brought into the house.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Choose Wisely

Forgiven
Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2011
Texas
✟106,222.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
the part that I will disagree with, is how u liken the rapture to the wheat part.
Rev shows the end time harvest is abut the grape harvest, at least in Rev itself...

it is in the 10 days of awe, in between Trumpets and Atonement that Rev7 takes place in,

There will be a grape harvest, which we additionally see in Rev 14.

Learn the parable of the fig tree.

Upvote 0

zeke37

IMO...
May 24, 2007
✟20,694.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
No offense but the site didn't really show me anything.
s'ok...no offense taken.
it's new to me, so I am bringing it up to get gleaned on from all perspectives,
not just mine...(no one would grow that way)

What happens 10 days before Pentecost has nothing to do with Pentecost being fulfilled.
well, I disagree with you on that
what happened 10 days before the Law was given at Sinai
must have significance to the 10 days before the Holy Spirit was given at Pentecost

so I looked for one...and there is one...
the same biblical day that Christ Ascended,
was the same biblical day that the Israelites arrived and a stopped at Sinai
and waited for the Word Of God to come down to them, a full 10 days later

no coincidence
If you want to understand why Jesus ascended into to heaven to be with the father, you might look here.

Exodus 34:26
The first of the firstfruits of thy land thou shalt bring unto the house of the Lord thy God.

Jesus is the first of the firstfruits and was brought into the house of the Lord thy God.

Firstfruits is fulfilled with Jesus.
yes, and that has to do with His Resurrection and presentation to the Lord
both three days after He died on the cross

but this that I am speaking about, has to do with His reason for leaving before Pentecost was fully come,
not why He left.

Pentecost will be fulfilled with the pre trib rapture when the barley and wheat cakes are brought into the house.
well, I think we both agree that the final count is not in yet in.
but I don't think that is what is meant by Pentecost being fulfilled.
remember that there was no harvest that first year that they arrived at Sinai

do you think the first feast is completely fulfilled?
ie, who were the barley, if so?

Upvote 0

dfw69

Pre-Tribulation Pre- False Messianic Age
Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

When was there a wheat harvest gathered into his barns?

Upvote 0

zeke37

IMO...
May 24, 2007
✟20,694.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
There will be a grape harvest, which we additionally see in Rev 14.
I did not say additionally.
I say that the only harvest in the end times, at least in Rev, is the grape harvest...
not additionally

Learn the parable of the fig tree.
don't say that unless u are willing to teach it
and so far, for years, you avoid teaching it like the plague

I can guarantee you that we see differently on this matter

Upvote 0