Acadiana
✟15,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Hello :wave:. I have been on the search for different breviaries, and I’ve come across two that I would like: the 1961 Roman Breviary, and Monastic Diurnal published by St. Michael’s Abbey. Would anyone know where I can find the 1961 Roman Breviary specifically, and how to pray both the Roman Breviary and Monastic Diurnal?

Thank you

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,190.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hello :wave:. I have been on the search for different breviaries, and I’ve come across two that I would like: the 1961 Roman Breviary, and Monastic Diurnal published by St. Michael’s Abbey. Would anyone know where I can find the 1961 Roman Breviary specifically, and how to pray both the Roman Breviary and Monastic Diurnal?

Thank you

Fraternity Press has been the best resource for more traditional texts that might otherwise be out of print. I got my Fr. Lasance Daily Missal from them earlier this year.

I saw they have this Monastical Diurnal for $70: The Monastic Diurnal - Fraternity Publications

When I searched their site for a 1961 Roman Breviary this is the only thing that came up, but I'm not sure if it's what you're looking for: Diurnale Romanum (with US feasts insert) - Fraternity Publications

At any rate, they have one of the best sites for stocking those kinds of items. Being a traditionalist society they do a good job of keeping those things alive and in circulation.

Upvote 0

Sucsipe

Aug 8, 2020
Acadiana
✟15,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Fraternity Press has been the best resource for more traditional texts that might otherwise be out of print. I got my Fr. Lasance Daily Missal from them earlier this year.

I saw they have this Monastical Diurnal for $70: The Monastic Diurnal - Fraternity Publications

When I searched their site for a 1961 Roman Breviary this is the only thing that came up, but I'm not sure if it's what you're looking for: Diurnale Romanum (with US feasts insert) - Fraternity Publications

At any rate, they have one of the best sites for stocking those kinds of items. Being a traditionalist society they do a good job of keeping those things alive and in circulation.
I have seen both of those on their website, but one thing struck me the most: the prices. I found a Monastic Diurnal on a monastery’s website for $59, and the Breviary from Angelus Press can be found for $40-$50. I don’t know where else to find them, but thank you.

Reactions: Gnarwhal
Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,190.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I have seen both of those on their website, but one thing struck me the most: the prices. I found a Monastic Diurnal on a monastery’s website for $59, and the Breviary from Angelus Press can be found for $40-$50. I don’t know where else to find them, but thank you.

Yes unfortunately they get pricey, I think because in a lot of cases they are printing these items themselves - or contracting with a specific publishing house to keep some of these things in print. At least I know that to be the case with the Missal I ordered. That may be why they're more expensive than other places, but I could be wrong.

Upvote 0