Akron
✟75,855.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Eastern religions are not scriptural. Not even close. They are paganism.
Religion is religion, eastern or western. Only Jesus can save. We should take a good close look at the word MANY in this passage.

A Tree and its Fruit
…21Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’ 23Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you workers of lawlessness!

Many people claim we can be lawless. My wife says to do your best and God will do the rest. Are you doing your best to live right before God?

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟100,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Religion is religion, eastern or western. Only Jesus can save. We should take a good close look at the word MANY in this passage.

A Tree and its Fruit
…21Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’ 23Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you workers of lawlessness!

Many people claim we can be lawless. My wife says to do your best and God will do the rest. Are you doing your best to live right before God?
Since when do eastern religions point people to Jesus as the solution to their lives and sin? They are works oriented paganism.

Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟669,765.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not the way he believes.
Why is it you continue to twist almost everything I write. You keep writing that my beliefs are wrong yet I sense it is because you do not have anything real to offer as a defense, so all you are able do do is try to trash what I write with sarcastic remarks.
I believe God can truly heal us which means we do not continue in sin because of the power of God in our hearts/lives.
We are born into sin and we will die sinners. The way you twist what others write I surmise that you have not reached perfection as of yet. What if you were meet your Maker tomorrow? If one insults the integrity of others, even if one does not realize it, a sin has been committed.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟100,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Why is it you continue to twist almost everything I write. You keep writing that my beliefs are wrong yet I sense it is because you do not have anything real to offer as a defense, so all you are able do do is try to trash what I write with sarcastic remarks.

We are born into sin and we will die sinners. The way you twist what others write I surmise that you have not reached perfection as of yet. What if you were meet your Maker tomorrow? If one insults the integrity of others, even if one does not realize it, a sin has been committed.
Dying a sinner is different than continually sinning. We are sinners because we were born with a fallen nature. God has the power to overcome that through the recreative power of His word, Just as He spoke our world and environment into existence He can recreate our hearts to be in harmony with He and His law. I realize that is quite a stretch for you to believe but it is true. It's one of the disadvantages of being an evolutionist.

Upvote 0

1Tonne

Dec 2, 2021
Taranaki
✟83,668.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We should all have reverence and fear for God. Reverence is respect, and fear is like awe. When the atom bombs were dropped on Japan, the pilots looked back and saw the massive mushroom cloud. They knew that they were not under the power of the bomb as they were in the safety of their plane, but they were still amazed at its destructive power. It was a fearful thing to see.
So, I look at God and I am in amazement. I realise that I do not want to mess with Him. I want to honour Him and there are many reasons to honour Him. But one of those reasons is because He is Just and will judge everyone and I do not want to be under that destructive condemnation. So, this awe that I have for Him drives me to righteousness. And because I love Him, honour Him, and understand that He sent His son to die for me, I then do not need to fear Him. I am in the safety of the plane which is in the Cross of Christ.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bob S
Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟75,855.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Since when do eastern religions point people to Jesus as the solution to their lives and sin?
They don't so they are not saved, but that does not make their religion worthless. There is still value to living right. They say there will be three surprises in Heaven. Those that are there that we never thought would be there. Those that are not there that we were sure would be there. The biggest surprise of all is that we are there. Don't know if this is true or not but this is what I hear people even pastors say.

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟384,519.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We are born into sin and we will die sinners.
That is the main Doctrine of the devil.
Jesus said the sinner is the servant to sin.

And in respect to that Jesus said that He came to set us free.
And if the Son shall set you free, free you will be indeed.
Let's go with that rather than the father of lies, the devil

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟915,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So God isn't just?
Of course He is . I am pointing out that God is Love and there is no need to say that He is " terrifying " (fear), scripture makes that clear. One can live in fear or one can live in love. Justice is the outcome from which one we choose.
Blessings.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟915,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For clarity, this is what " God fearing" means:

God- fearing" is a term used to describe someone who is deeply respectful of God. It has a few layers to its meaning:
  • Reverence and awe: This is a central aspect. God-fearing people are struck by God's awe and power. They feel a sense of wonder and humility in God's presence.
  • Obedience to religious teachings: God-fearing people try to follow the rules and teachings of their religion. They believe in living a moral life according to their faith.
  • Respect for God's authority: This includes a sense of accountability to God. God-fearing people believe that God knows their actions and will judge them.
It's important to note that "fear" in this context doesn't mean being scared. It's more about a deep respect mixed with an awareness of God's power.

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟384,519.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
For clarity, this is what " God fearing" means:

God- fearing" is a term used to describe someone who is deeply respectful of God. It has a few layers to its meaning:
  • Reverence and awe: This is a central aspect. God-fearing people are struck by God's awe and power. They feel a sense of wonder and humility in God's presence.
  • Obedience to religious teachings: God-fearing people try to follow the rules and teachings of their religion. They believe in living a moral life according to their faith.
  • Respect for God's authority: This includes a sense of accountability to God. God-fearing people believe that God knows their actions and will judge them.
It's important to note that "fear" in this context doesn't mean being scared. It's more about a deep respect mixed with an awareness of God's power.
You know of those verses that disagree with you, don't you?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟100,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
They don't so they are not saved, but that does not make their religion worthless. There is still value to living right. They say there will be three surprises in Heaven. Those that are there that we never thought would be there. Those that are not there that we were sure would be there. The biggest surprise of all is that we are there. Don't know if this is true or not but this is what I hear people even pastors say.
Eastern religions are based in spiritualism/spiritism. Spiritualism/spiritism is based upon the worship of demons/fallen angels. It's in all their symbology.

Here is the story of a Christian man who became a 5th level black belt in two forms of martial arts. He ended up being harassed by demons when he learned what the power is behind martial arts and left that world behind.

Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟669,765.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is the main Doctrine of the devil.
Jesus said the sinner is the servant to sin.
Just wanted to get your reaction Him. Yes, we do die sinners , but saved by the Grace of our Savior whose blood covers all of our sins and makes us Holy unto the Father.
And in respect to that Jesus said that He came to set us free.
I for one have never denied in fact I believe Jesus words in Matt 5:17-18. He came to set Israel free from the Sinai covenant with its 613 commands. All mankind has freedom to believe in Jesus Christ and love everyone as Jesus loves us. We are of the truth if we believe His commands to us and do them out of true love. 1Jn 3:19-24
And if the Son shall set you free, free you will be indeed.
Are you free or are you tied up in old covenant does and don'ts.
Let's go with that rather than the father of lies, the devil
I have a difficult time with the devil's temptations. I cannot imagine having both the devil's temptations and the words of a false prophet to contend with.

Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟669,765.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dying a sinner is different than continually sinning. We are sinners because we were born with a fallen nature. God has the power to overcome that through the recreative power of His word, Just as He spoke our world and environment into existence He can recreate our hearts to be in harmony with He and His law. I realize that is quite a stretch for you to believe but it is true. It's one of the disadvantages of being an evolutionist.
Why do you believe it "is quite a stretch for you (meaning me) to believe"? Why do you label me as an evolutionist? Why would you believe I don't believe God has the power to recreate. We have the word that He will make mortal man immortal.
1 Corinthians 15:53
For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality. That is something man is not capable of doing. Only a loving God can change us in an instance.

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟384,519.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have a difficult time with the devil's temptations. I cannot imagine having both the devil's temptations and the words of a false prophet to contend with.
So now Jesus is a false prophet?
Wow!

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟384,519.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I for one have never denied in fact I believe Jesus words in Matt 5:17-18. He came to set Israel free from the Sinai covenant with its 613 commands. All mankind has freedom to believe in Jesus Christ and love everyone as Jesus loves us. We are of the truth if we believe His commands to us and do them out of true love. 1Jn 3:19-24
We been set free from sin. As Jesus stated in John 8 and as Paul confirms through the Spirit in Romans 6-8

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟100,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Why do you believe it "is quite a stretch for you (meaning me) to believe"? Why do you label me as an evolutionist? Why would you believe I don't believe God has the power to recreate. We have the word that He will make mortal man immortal.
1 Corinthians 15:53
For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality. That is something man is not capable of doing. Only a loving God can change us in an instance.
You have told me you're an evolutionist. Do you now deny that?

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟100,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Here is evidence for your evolutionary views in your own words;

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟100,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
See the cross. . .
Jesus didn't die to save us? His Father's justice didn't require His death? How can we point to the cross and say it means God is not just, and will not require justice from us?

Philippians 4: 8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Proverbs 23: 6 Eat thou not the bread of him that hath an evil eye, neither desire thou his dainty meats:
7 For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he: Eat and drink, saith he to thee; but his heart is not with thee.

We become what we think about. Thus if we actually take Paul's instruction to heart we will become like that.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟75,855.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
We been set free from sin.
The question is: What sin can God (The Blood of Jesus) NOT set us free from?
The loudest voice is our future self telling us to live right.

Galatian's 6:7 7Do not be deceived: God is not to be mocked. Whatever a man sows, he will reap in return. 8The one who sows to please his flesh, from the flesh will reap destruction; but the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life.

1 Corinthians 11
30That is why many among you are weak and sick, and a number of you have fallen asleep.

31Now if we judged ourselves properly, we would not come under judgment. 32But when we are judged by the Lord, we are being disciplined so that we will not be condemned with the world.

Upvote 0