Begijnendijk
✟16,893.00
Country
Belgium
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
So often I see differences in faith, and those differences are not used to serve another but to position themselves higher than others. The Sabbath is something like that. Some believe that one must keep the Sabbath to be saved, which is of course nonsense. They go about like roaring lions, proclaiming their faith. Everybody who goes to church on Sundays is a Sunday worshiper. The Catholics have always done it. I am Catholic and will always stay that way, whatever anyone wants to make me believe. I think it's nice that people want to keep the Sabbath, I do not always do that myself. I usually go out to dance on Friday evening and so yes, then you do not really rest. Then you still have fanatics who would also want you to buy or sell nothing, but if I want a beer, I drink a beer. I will not be saved, though, because I do not rest and buy a beer. Fortunately, I know what grace means, and fortunately I also know that that Sabbath does not matter much anymore. It is good if you want to keep it and, more accurately, can keep it. It is bad if you condemn others with it. Keep the Sabbath for yourself and God. Do you do it for people or for God? Then keep him before God. And if you really want to be perfect, do not go around telling everyone how you keep the Sabbath anyway. Be still and keep it in secret, for God sees everything that happens in secret and He will reward you for it. But all those who go round, imposing the Sabbath and showing how well they hold him, have already had their reward. The Sabbath is not going to save us. The Sunday will not save us, nor the other days of the week. We as "Sunday worshipers" are judged that we worship a false god because we have a pope. But I say that the sabbath servers themselves worship a false god. They worship the Sabbath. They do not see that, but it is. If they speak it is only about one thing. Not about God. Not about Christ. Not about love. But about the Sabbath. They use the Bible and Jesus his words, but not to honor Him, but to strengthen themselves and their own faith and to honor that. They praise that they honor Saturday, but they do not understand that one should not honor what God creates, but God himself. Many of them are without love and understanding for others. They insult you immediately if you dare not agree and then you are surely a Sunday admirer of Rome for sure. And Rome, they are bad. Rome and the pope is the antichrist. And they just spit hate and impose conditions, by means of lies, which are no more conditions at all. And then say that the Pope is the antichrist, when they are sometimes being the antichrist themself. Although you keep the wednesday as a rest day, because that is best for you with your work and family or even you do not even have a rest day, that does not matter. It is full of babies who think they are adults. But if you start about love, they can no longer follow. All but busy with rules that will ever disappear and so, they grow, in that which will come to an end. They would better grow in love. For love will always be there in this world and the next.

LightLoveHope

Jesus leads us to life
Oct 6, 2018
London
✟79,782.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Sunday

Having a rest day, 1 day a week is good for the soul. It breaks up the work load, and emphasises we put God first above all other obligations.

It is a good time to meet to have fellowship and the praise the Lord.

I know of a fellowship who came to the Lord in a new way and felt the refreshing of the Holy Spirit, not being bound to obligation and necessity. They decided to only meet as the Lord led. Over the years unfortunately their enthusiasm waned and they stopped meeting altogether.

There is always a mixture of clarity and joy with discipline and knowing the truth.

People find it hard to marry the two, the freedom we have in Jesus with the community and life obligations that make up each day. Praise the Lord He teaches us both.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟719,091.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So often I see differences in faith, and those differences are not used to serve another but to position themselves higher than others. The Sabbath is something like that. Some believe that one must keep the Sabbath to be saved, which is of course nonsense. They go about like roaring lions, proclaiming their faith. Everybody who goes to church on Sundays is a Sunday worshiper. The Catholics have always done it. I am Catholic and will always stay that way, whatever anyone wants to make me believe. I think it's nice that people want to keep the Sabbath, I do not always do that myself. I usually go out to dance on Friday evening and so yes, then you do not really rest. Then you still have fanatics who would also want you to buy or sell nothing, but if I want a beer, I drink a beer. I will not be saved, though, because I do not rest and buy a beer. Fortunately, I know what grace means, and fortunately I also know that that Sabbath does not matter much anymore. It is good if you want to keep it and, more accurately, can keep it. It is bad if you condemn others with it. Keep the Sabbath for yourself and God. Do you do it for people or for God? Then keep him before God. And if you really want to be perfect, do not go around telling everyone how you keep the Sabbath anyway. Be still and keep it in secret, for God sees everything that happens in secret and He will reward you for it. But all those who go round, imposing the Sabbath and showing how well they hold him, have already had their reward. The Sabbath is not going to save us. The Sunday will not save us, nor the other days of the week. We as "Sunday worshipers" are judged that we worship a false god because we have a pope. But I say that the sabbath servers themselves worship a false god. They worship the Sabbath. They do not see that, but it is. If they speak it is only about one thing. Not about God. Not about Christ. Not about love. But about the Sabbath. They use the Bible and Jesus his words, but not to honor Him, but to strengthen themselves and their own faith and to honor that. They praise that they honor Saturday, but they do not understand that one should not honor what God creates, but God himself. Many of them are without love and understanding for others. They insult you immediately if you dare not agree and then you are surely a Sunday admirer of Rome for sure. And Rome, they are bad. Rome and the pope is the antichrist. And they just spit hate and impose conditions, by means of lies, which are no more conditions at all. And then say that the Pope is the antichrist, when they are sometimes being the antichrist themself. Although you keep the wednesday as a rest day, because that is best for you with your work and family or even you do not even have a rest day, that does not matter. It is full of babies who think they are adults. But if you start about love, they can no longer follow. All but busy with rules that will ever disappear and so, they grow, in that which will come to an end. They would better grow in love. For love will always be there in this world and the next.

they ... they .... they ..... you are severely mis-informed.

Keeping the Sabbath is not worshiping it, just as Keeping Sunday is not worshiping it. The Sabbath is kept out of love, keeping Sunday is done out of love. Jesus is God. He kept the Sabbath. Sabbath keepers follow in His footsteps. Keeping either day will not save someone, it is a choice. Salvation is not in "a day" ... salvation is in Jesus and Him alone.

Luke 6:41
Why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but fail to notice the beam in your own eye?

It's about the heart.

Proverbs 21:2

Every man's way is right in his own eyes, But the LORD weighs the hearts.

Isaiah 66

22For just as the new heavens and the new earth,

which I will make,

will endure before Me,”

declares the LORD,

“so your descendants and your name will endure.

23From one New Moon to another

and from one Sabbath to another,

all mankind will come to worship before Me,”

says the LORD.

24“As they go forth, they will see the corpses

of the men who have rebelled against Me;

for their worm will never die,

their fire will never be quenched,

and they will be a horror to all mankind.”

Speaking of love ...

1 Corinthians 13:4-6

Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth.

Jesus saves .... and that's the truth. All believers love the Lord.

God Bless.

Upvote 0

JimBeta

Sep 26, 2018
Begijnendijk
✟16,893.00
Country
Belgium
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
they ... they .... they ..... you are severely mis-informed.

Keeping the Sabbath is not worshiping it, just as Keeping Sunday is not worshiping it. The Sabbath is kept out of love, keeping Sunday is done out of love. Jesus is God. He kept the Sabbath. Sabbath keepers follow in His footsteps. Keeping either day will not save someone, it is a choice. Salvation is not in "a day" ... salvation is in Jesus and Him alone.

Luke 6:41
Why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but fail to notice the beam in your own eye?

It's about the heart.

Proverbs 21:2

Every man's way is right in his own eyes, But the LORD weighs the hearts.

Isaiah 66

22For just as the new heavens and the new earth,

which I will make,

will endure before Me,”

declares the LORD,

“so your descendants and your name will endure.

23From one New Moon to another

and from one Sabbath to another,

all mankind will come to worship before Me,”

says the LORD.

24“As they go forth, they will see the corpses

of the men who have rebelled against Me;

for their worm will never die,

their fire will never be quenched,

and they will be a horror to all mankind.”

Speaking of love ...

1 Corinthians 13:4-6

Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth.

Jesus saves .... and that's the truth. All believers love the Lord.

God Bless.

I am not mis informed. There are people who act like the way I wrote… maybe not in your country but there are in Belgium and the Netherlands.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟719,091.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I am not mis informed. There are people who act like the way I wrote… maybe not in your country but there are in Belgium and the Netherlands.

I know of no one that worships the "day" ... Saturday or Sunday ... those I know worship Jesus on either day.

God Bless.

Upvote 0