The Sabbath, our SIGN during the end?

Janice702

Oct 1, 2007
✟7,700.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Ezekiel 20:20 says "Hallow My Sabbaths and they shall be a sign between Me and you that you may know that I am the Lord your God"

Could the Sabbath be the everlasting sign that will distinguish the people of God from the people of the world in the end? Is it like the "mark" for God's people?

It's on this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qv0W1HgwmSs

Here's the main channel: www.youtube.com/worldslastchance

I dont think we should take the Sabbath for granted anymore...

Feedback.

God bless

Janice

Jimlarmore

Senior Veteran
Oct 25, 2006
✟17,990.00
Faith
SDA
Actually, little sister you'd probably get a better and more positive response by posting this on the GT forum than here. It's a sad thing but many so called Seventh-day-Adventists don't believe that you really need to obey the 4th commandment anymore. Satan is really working hard on this forum and he has many voices speaking for him here.

God Bless
Jim Larmore

p.s. to answer your question though, yes I believe the 7th day Sabbath will be a large part of what we would call the sign between God and His chosen remnant people. Soon those who obey God's commandments will be brought under world wide scrutiny and redicule.

Upvote 0

Eila

Senior Veteran
Jan 19, 2007
Visit site
✟18,480.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ezekiel 20:20 says "Hallow My Sabbaths and they shall be a sign between Me and you that you may know that I am the Lord your God"

Could the Sabbath be the everlasting sign that will distinguish the people of God from the people of the world in the end? Is it like the "mark" for God's people?

Feedback.

God bless

Janice

It was the sign for the Jews under the old covenant. The "you" in Ezekiel is the Israelites.

Upvote 0

Jimlarmore

Senior Veteran
Oct 25, 2006
✟17,990.00
Faith
SDA
Here's the text in Acts 13 with context:

And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, the Gentiles besought that these words might be preached to them the next sabbath.

Now when the congregation was broken up, many of the Jews and religious proselytes followed Paul and Barnabas: who, speaking to them, persuaded them to continue in the grace of God.

And the next sabbath day came almost the whole city together to hear the word of God.

But when the Jews saw the multitudes, they were filled with envy, and spake against those things which were spoken by Paul, contradicting and blaspheming.

Then Paul and Barnabas waxed bold, and said, It was necessary that the word of God should first have been spoken to you: but seeing ye put it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, lo, we turn to the Gentiles.

For so hath the Lord commanded us, saying, I have set thee to be a light of the Gentiles, that thou shouldest be for salvation unto the ends of the earth.

Here's the text in Isa 46 with context as well:

Listen, O isles, unto me; and hearken, ye people, from far; The LORD hath called me from the womb; from the bowels of my mother hath he made mention of my name.

And he hath made my mouth like a sharp sword; in the shadow of his hand hath he hid me, and made me a polished shaft; in his quiver hath he hid me;

And said unto me, Thou art my servant, O Israel, in whom I will be glorified.

Then I said, I have laboured in vain, I have spent my strength for nought, and in vain: yet surely my judgment is with the LORD, and my work with my God.

And now, saith the LORD that formed me from the womb to be his servant, to bring Jacob again to him, Though Israel be not gathered, yet shall I be glorious in the eyes of the LORD, and my God shall be my strength.

And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.

God Bless
Jim Larmore

Upvote 0

RND

Senior Veteran
Jul 20, 2006
Victorville, California, CorpUSA
Visit site
✟23,772.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The problem is that the Bible never says that.

Actually, the Sabbath is one of the signs that the stranger, i.e. heathen, gentile, goyim accepts to join themselves to the Lord.

Isa 56:6 ¶ Also the sons of the stranger, that join themselves to the LORD, to serve him, and to love the name of the LORD, to be his servants, every one that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and taketh hold of my covenant;

Isa 56:7 Even them will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices [shall be] accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people.

Isa 56:8 The Lord GOD which gathereth the outcasts of Israel saith, Yet will I gather [others] to him, beside those that are gathered unto him.

Upvote 0

freeindeed2

In Christ We Are FREE!
Feb 1, 2007
A mile high.
✟79,697.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Feedback.

God bless

Janice
It certainly was the sign of the old covenant/10 commandments that God made with Israel that came 430 years after Abraham and was in place until the coming to whom the seed was promised (Jesus Christ).

I would say anyone who wishes to remain under the law must keep ALL of it perfectly or they are condemned by it, including keeping the Sabbath perfectly HOLY. It would seem that if the sign of the old covenant were the exact same sign of the new covenant we would have ample instruction to the Christian church full of Gentiles making it crystal clear of the crucial role the Sabbath would play in the end. But it's not there.

In Christ alone...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RND

Senior Veteran
Jul 20, 2006
Visit site
✟23,772.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
It certainly was the sign of the old covenant/10 commandments that God made with Israel that came 430 years after Abraham and was in place until the coming to whom the seed was promised (Jesus Christ).

It should be reletively easy then to point out the exact Bible text that eliminates the Sabbath.

I would say anyone who wishes to remain under the law must keep ALL of it perfectly or they are condemned by it, including keeping the Sabbath perfectly HOLY.

Tell me, are murderers 'under the law' when the get caught? How about thieves? How about folks that break the speed limit? If you don't want to be 'under the law' the best way is not to break the law.

Only 'lawbreakers' are under the law. Those that respect and obey the law aren't condemned by the law.

Rom 2:13 (For not the hearers of the law [are] just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

Rom 7:12 Wherefore the law [is] holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.

Seems like someone needs to bone up on Romans 7.

Rom 7:4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, [even] to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

Rom 7:5 For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.

Rom 7:6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not [in] the oldness of the letter.

It would seem that if the sign of the old covenant were the exact same sign of the new covenant we would have ample instruction to the Christian church full of Gentiles making it crystal clear of the crucial role the Sabbath would play in the end. But it's not there.

I wonder what those 'laws' are that God places in the heart of the converted?

Jer 31:33 But this [shall be] the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Hey, BTW did you know that God wrote the Ten Commandments in your hands?

Upvote 0

Eila

Senior Veteran
Jan 19, 2007
Visit site
✟18,480.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It says that Israel was to be a light to the gentiles. That may not say evangelize but it means the same thing. Look at my edited post above and look up Isa 49:6, Luke 2:32, and Acts 13:47.

God Bless
Jim Larmore

I see this quite differently than you do it seems. Isaiah is a prophetic book and the prophecy in Isaiah found it's fulfillment through Jesus. The salvation is in Jesus. Just as Simeon testified when he had seen Jesus he had seen the salvation promised.

Luke 2 "28then he took Him into his arms, and blessed God, and said,
29"Now Lord, You are releasing Your bond-servant to depart in peace,
According to Your word;
30For my eyes have seen Your salvation,
31Which You have prepared in the presence of all peoples,
32A LIGHT OF REVELATION TO THE GENTILES,
And the glory of Your people Israel.""

The light to the Gentiles is Jesus. I don't see how this refers to Israel being commanded to evangelize. I see the opposite in the OT where Israel was commanded to keep separate from the Gentiles around them.

Upvote 0

freeindeed2

In Christ We Are FREE!
Feb 1, 2007
A mile high.
✟79,697.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But that is the thing Free. We are all condemned by the law, as none of us keep it perfectly. That is the point of the law.
Exactly! That's why the law was a schoolmaster to lead us to Christ (through faith). But now that Christ has come we are no longer under the schoolmaster.

It is only condemned, that we need a Savior, and can be saved.

Without being condemned, there would be no need of a savior.
Exactly again. The law condemns everyone and salvation is in Christ alone. That why Paul says we must die to the law and be joined to another, Christ himself. We cannot be married to the law and Christ at the same time.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Eila

Senior Veteran
Jan 19, 2007
Visit site
✟18,480.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just because the law doesn't save doesn't mean it is no longer valid.

The fact that it still condemns you and me, means that it is still valid.

JM

Not no longer valid, but fulfilled in Jesus. There is no condemnation when you are in Christ Jesus.

Reactions: annie1speed
Upvote 0

freeindeed2

In Christ We Are FREE!
Feb 1, 2007
A mile high.
✟79,697.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It should be reletively easy then to point out the exact Bible text that eliminates the Sabbath.
I can point out where we are no longer under the law. The law still exists, but it can only condemn.

Tell me, are murderers 'under the law' when the get caught? How about thieves? How about folks that break the speed limit? If you don't want to be 'under the law' the best way is not to break the law.
Christians have died to the law, so no, they are not under it. The law condemns all who are under it, and in Christ there is NO condemnation.

Only 'lawbreakers' are under the law. Those that respect and obey the law aren't condemned by the law.

Rom 2:13 (For not the hearers of the law [are] just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

Rom 7:12 Wherefore the law [is] holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.

Seems like someone needs to bone up on Romans 7.

Rom 7:4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, [even] to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

Rom 7:5 For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.

Rom 7:6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not [in] the oldness of the letter.
Excellent place to go! The law aroused evil desires in us that led to death. That's why through faith in Christ we have been released from the law (which only condemned to death), joined to another (Christ), and are led by God living IN us (Spirit). The letter kills, but the Spirit gives life. If life could have come through the law then we wouldn't need Christ.

I wonder what those 'laws' are that God places in the heart of the converted?

Jer 31:33 But this [shall be] the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
It's not the old covenant/10 commandments which Israel continually broke.

Hey, BTW did you know that God wrote the Ten Commandments in your hands?
Did you know that he wrote the 10 words on stone that served as a ministration of death and faded away? Check it out in 2 Cor 3.

Also, the book of Galatians makes it crystal clear that Christians are no longer under the law. In fact, it compares the law to Hagaar and Ishmael and commands us to cast off the bondwoman and her son (law).

Galatians also tells us that the law was a schoolmaster to lead to Christ, but now that Christ has come we are no longer under the schoomaster/tutor.

In Christ alone...

Upvote 0

freeindeed2

In Christ We Are FREE!
Feb 1, 2007
A mile high.
✟79,697.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just because the law doesn't save doesn't mean it is no longer valid.

The fact that it still condemns you and me, means that it is still valid.
Oh, it's still completely valid, and those who wish to be under it are condemned to death. Christians joined to Christ through faith are not under it and are given life (eternal) through the Spirit who 'causes' them to reflect His glory more and more. The law only aroused evil in our hearts and minds and brought death. The Spirit brings life.

Upvote 0

RND

Senior Veteran
Jul 20, 2006
Visit site
✟23,772.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I can point out where we are no longer under the law. The law still exists, but it can only condemn.

Does that give us freedom to break the law? Of course not.

Rom 6:15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

Christians have died to the law, so no, they are not under it. The law condemns all who are under it, and in Christ there is NO condemnation.

So only 'lawbreakers' are under the law.

Excellent place to go! The law aroused evil desires in us that led to death.

Still do.

That's why through faith in Christ we have been released from the law (which only condemned to death), joined to another (Christ), and are led by God living IN us (Spirit).

Are we free then to continue to break the law?

The letter kills, but the Spirit gives life. If life could have come through the law then we wouldn't need Christ.

Rom 7:14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

It's not the old covenant/10 commandments which Israel continually broke.

Then what is it?

Did you know that he wrote the 10 words on stone that served as a ministration of death and faded away? Check it out in 2 Cor 3.

And if you think for a moment that Paul was doing away with the Ten Commandments by these verses you've begun simply to wrest the scriptures to your own destruction.

2Cr 3:5 Not that we are adequate in ourselves to consider anything as {coming} from ourselves, but our adequacy is from God,

2Cr 3:6 who also made us adequate {as} servants of a new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

The letter of the law says, thou shalt not kill. But the spirit says if you even look upon your brother with hate it is murder.

Same with adultery.

The spirit is always a much higher standard to meet that a mere letter of the law.

Also, the book of Galatians makes it crystal clear that Christians are no longer under the law.

With law? Mosaic or the Ten Commandments?

In fact, it compares the law to Hagaar and Ishmael and commands us to cast off the bondwoman and her son (law).

Indeed. Is the law of the bondservant in the Ten Commandments or the Mosaic law?

Galatians also tells us that the law was a schoolmaster to lead to Christ, but now that Christ has come we are no longer under the schoomaster/tutor.

Do you still need the instruction manual once you have come to understand the law? Of course not. Now, what about those that haven't come to understand the law, that is, those outside of the law? What about them? Don't they still need a schoolmaster?

Thus those that are under Christ keep the law by faith. We are no longer in need of a schoolmaster.

Gal 3:25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

Upvote 0

RND

Senior Veteran
Jul 20, 2006
Visit site
✟23,772.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Oh, it's still completely valid, and those who wish to be under it are condemned to death. Christians joined to Christ through faith are not under it and are given life (eternal) through the Spirit who 'causes' them to reflect His glory more and more. The law only aroused evil in our hearts and minds and brought death. The Spirit brings life.

So are you free to break the law?

Upvote 0