The Resurrection: Does it really Matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cavell

Senior Veteran
Jan 14, 2006
Yorkshire, England
✟34,982.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
Among world religions, the resurrection of Jesus Christ stands unique. Easter is not about colored eggs or bunnies or Spring Break. It is about an empty tomb and a risen Christ.

After the crucifixion the followers of Christ were devastated and defeated. But only days later they stood in downtown Jerusalem fearlessly preaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ. They continued to preach Christ even though they were imprisoned and beaten. They turned the world upside down. Why this transformation? What had happened? They had seen the risen Christ.

The resurrection of Jesus Christ is the greatest and most important event in the history of the world and is based on the strongest of historical evidence. No one has ever produced the body of Jesus. If someone had, Christianity would have been stamped out in a moment. But Christ is risen!

Read the rest @
https://www.billygraham.org/DMag_art...?ArticleID=952

Reactions: cristianna

GraceSeeker

Jul 2, 2007
USA
✟17,297.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I made note of this in another forum without much response. I'm curious to see what sort of feedback I might get here:

Easter changed the world, but I don't see it change lives in our present day experience. We talk more about getting "saved" than about being "resurrected to new life". So, how do we articulate the significance of Easter to 21st century folks.

That is, how is this 2000-year old story about Jesus relevant in the life of a non-Christian, if it is at all?

Or, to think about it another way: Can you help me name 5 differences that the fact that Jesus was resurrected makes in my life today?

Upvote 0

prgallo

Jul 20, 2007
✟15,456.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I made note of this in another forum without much response. I'm curious to see what sort of feedback I might get here:

Easter changed the world, but I don't see it change lives in our present day experience. We talk more about getting "saved" than about being "resurrected to new life". So, how do we articulate the significance of Easter to 21st century folks.

That is, how is this 2000-year old story about Jesus relevant in the life of a non-Christian, if it is at all?

Or, to think about it another way: Can you help me name 5 differences that the fact that Jesus was resurrected makes in my life today?

Can a Baptist that noticed try an answer this:

1 - When He ascended He sent the Holy Spirit to indwell Christians, and does so today
2 -The Holy Spirit gave us the epistle's which are really all about being a Chrisitan and teach us, today
3 - Jesus and the Father also indwell us, today
4 - That means we are now spiritual alive and no longer spiritually dead. He didn't save us from our sins and then leave to us to work it out on our own.
5 - We can each be assured of our salvation as death and sin are defeated
6 - Christ as our life (Galations 2:20) will change our minds, our will and our hearts from within to conform us to His image
7 - That means He guides us, helps us in each decision we make and every thing that we do. TODAY!

He writes His commandments on our hearts. We just need to listen and obey.

Just how cool is that!

Trusting in Him affects every decision we make as He isn't the co-pilot, He is the Pilot in our lives.

Reactions: cristianna
Upvote 0

footprints1973

He is carrying me....
May 27, 2007
Florida
✟16,224.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Can a Baptist that noticed try an answer this:

1 - When He ascended He sent the Holy Spirit to indwell Christians, and does so today
2 -The Holy Spirit gave us the epistle's which are really all about being a Chrisitan and teach us, today
3 - Jesus and the Father also indwell us, today
4 - That means we are now spiritual alive and no longer spiritually dead. He didn't save us from our sins and then leave to us to work it out on our own.
5 - We can each be assured of our salvation as death and sin are defeated
6 - Christ as our life (Galations 2:20) will change our minds, our will and our hearts from within to conform us to His image
7 - That means He guides us, helps us in each decision we make and every thing that we do. TODAY!

He writes His commandments on our hearts. We just need to listen and obey.

Just how cool is that!

Trusting in Him affects every decision we make as He isn't the co-pilot, He is the Pilot in our lives.
Very cool. I like that!

AMEN! and Welcome to WP :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.