✟263,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Philippians 3:12b (NKJV)
………………………………….but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What was it that Christ had laid hold of Paul for?

That being, the restoration of the image of God… This truth is put forth in scripture as one being conformed to the image of Christ… The evidence of this being conformed is the expression of the good, the proper and the right, this was that that Paul was laying hold of…

For the image of God is presented before one every time a choice between good and evil is presented, the good being the image of God, the evil being the image of sin..

This, that Christ laid hold of Paul for, is the same that Christ has laid hold of all believer’s for… Though their work of service differs, as well as their gifts, but Christ has laid hold of His, so that that which was lost in the fall might be restored…

This being restored to the image of God is what Paul was actively laying hold of… When the choice was put before Paul, he would hold unto the good, this, the good, the proper and the right, being the manifestation of the image of God…

For laying hold of that for which Christ has laid hold of one, costs one all things, it costs one their very own will…. If one is not willing to die to all the things of this world, one will find this truth to be most perplexing… But to the heart that is willing to give up all of their own will as a living sacrifice to God, this truth is the most freeing and glorious truth.. For the heart sees it is the conscious willingness that is required so the image of God can be restored….

This is the struggle in the human heart, being brought to the place where one would willingly give up their life rather then manifest the evil image of sin…. For this is what Paul chose to lay hold of, the image for which Christ died…

Be blessed in laying hold of the restoration of the image of God….

A fellow believer, Not me