green wolverine

to God be the glory!
May 9, 2009
✟16,164.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Matt. 7:13-14:"For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it. For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it.”

Rom 9:27: Isaiah cries out concerning Israel, "THOUGH THE NUMBER OF THE SONS OF ISRAEL BE LIKE THE SAND OF THE SEA, IT IS THE REMNANT THAT WILL BE SAVED; [NASB throughout]

In light of the previous verses, I believe that the number of the elect is far fewer than the current day Christian church believes. A piece of fabric or carpet isn’t classified as a remnant until there’s very little left. In the same way, I believe the number of true believers is a small portion of any church’s membership.

Any thoughts??

mlqurgw

Aug 19, 2005
kain tuck ee
✟8,844.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
In light of the previous verses, I believe that the number of the elect is far fewer than the current day Christian church believes. A piece of fabric or carpet isn’t classified as a remnant until there’s very little left. In the same way, I believe the number of true believers is a small portion of any church’s membership.

Any thoughts??
The elect of God have never been the majority in any generation. In the end it will be seen that the number of them are as the stars of the sky and the sand of the seas, an innumerable company of saints. What most folks call " Christianity" isn't. What most folks call "Church" isn't. It is actually just another false religion that claims the name of Christ but denies everything He is and did. Though I do have to say that I am encouraged in this our generation. It does seem that the truth of God and His Gospel is being preached and believed by more and more people in the world overall. Even among the Old Testament type, Israel, there were few true believers.

Upvote 0

green wolverine

to God be the glory!
May 9, 2009
✟16,164.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
The elect of God have never been the majority in any generation.

I find it very troubling that you can call yourself a Christian regardless of what you believe or how you live and people will believe you. If someone should dare venture to suggest that the person's life has born no fruit of the Spirit, that person is viewed as an intolerant bigot. inappropriate contentographer in chief Larry Flynnt supposedly came to Christ after being shot. I mentioned this at Bible study trying to make the point that if there's no fruit in a person's life, maybe they aren't saved. Believe it or not, one lady suggested he is, in fact, a Christian but just has born fruit yet!!!!!! Mind-numbing to say the least!!!!!!

If you've ever read the book Holiness by JC Ryle, you'll recall that he mentions you can never be too devoted to God or serve Him too much. Nor can you ever be too obedient, and I'm not talking about earning your salvation, I'm referring to obeying Him from the heart.

I often wonder how many people would renounce their faith if it got in the way of what they wanted to do. Think I pose that question in another forum....

Upvote 0

heymikey80

Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum viditur
Dec 18, 2005
✟34,309.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It could be possible that a new Christian hasn't born fruit yet. It could also be that a Christian isn't bearing the fruit someone else wanted. It's important to drive on to the actual fruit of the Spirit and look for that.

And that's scarily enlightening about fruit we want, in contrast with fruit God wants.

Upvote 0