The ramifications of Donald's theft of government documents.

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Why the Donald Trump-National Archives story is such a big deal - CNNPolitics

Trump is already in the process of trying to rewrite the history of his term in office, most notably with his repeated false assertions that the 2020 election was rigged. (It wasn't.) And as his four years as president get further in the rearview mirror, our collective memory may begin to falter when it comes remembering the Trump years -- and what a cataclysm he represented (and represents) for American democracy.
That's what makes the work of a nonpartisan entity like the National Archives curating his presidency so important. And why Trump's hijacking of boxes of information about his presidency is so concerning.

I hadn't noticed any threads on this topic.

Thoughts?

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟244,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
You follow CNN. Enough said.

Interestingly I can find no "conservative" media outlet carrying this story. At all.

In your estimation, does this mean that the story is false? That Trump did not, indeed, take several boxes of documents from the White House to Mar-a-Lago?

If the story is true do you have any issues with what he did? Was it illegal? Unethical? Would you dismiss it if it were Biden or Obama?

With regard to the OP, I had thought about posting about this along with some of the other related revelations such as:

Trump evaded White House call logs on day of Capitol riots, committee finds

Trump Clogged the White House Toilet Trying to Flush Printer Paper, New Book Reveals

Possible Classified Documents Found in Trump's Mar-A-Lago Stash

Investigators Find Gaps in White House Logs of Trump’s Jan. 6 Calls

Trump White House staffers frequently put important documents into 'burn bags' and sent them to the Pentagon for incineration, report says

Last edited:
Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟354,035.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟907,158.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He hid 15 boxes full of " government" owned documents at Maralago. I'm not surprised right media would not mention it. It may very well be the most egregious act on his part. Anyway.....the National Archives is upset and had to demand the documents in person. Now they have handed it over to the DOJ for yet another investigation. Yawn :yawn:

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
He hid 15 boxes full of " government" owned documents at Maralago. I'm not surprised right media would not mention it. It may very well be the most egregious act on his part. Anyway.....the National Archives is upset and had to demand the documents in person. Now they have handed it over to the DOJ for yet another investigation. Yawn :yawn:

Bearing in mind that we have no idea how much government property he held onto or destroyed after stealing it... we're assuming that the National Archives got it all back.

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,621.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You all just can't leave him alone. He's getting enough publicity for his next campaign, lol.
And his followers actually approve of his nefarious behavior.

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟354,035.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
So much is trumped up about Trump on this forum . It's a good thing as it causes people to seek the truth which is hard to find these days. We used to have unbiased reporters on the news. Now it is more likely to get their view then the truth.

Reactions: Semper-Fi
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟152,085.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Just add em to the yuge list of malfeasance and criminal actions perpetuated by trump that have occurred without accountability. I just heard on the evening news the Washington Post reports much of the 15 boxes of documents pilfered by trump was classified information and some was top secret. As he was not the president when moving to Florida on inauguration day, he cannot merely say "I declassified this information before Biden was sworn into office." Yet somehow I expect absolutely zero accountability for his actions. Rewarding bad behavior creates demagogues like trump.

Trump documents taken to Mar-a-Lago marked 'top secret:' report

Last edited:
Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
  • Agree
Reactions: friend of
Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,751,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Just add em to the yuge list of malfeasance and criminal actions perpetuated by trump that have occurred without accountability. I just heard on the evening news the Washington Post reports much of the 15 boxes of documents pilfered by trump was classified information and some was top secret. As he was not the president when moving to Florida on inauguration day, he cannot merely say "I declassified this information before Biden was sworn into office." Yet somehow I expect absolutely zero accountability for his actions. Rewarding bad behavior creates demagogues like trump.

Trump documents taken to Mar-a-Lago marked 'top secret:' report
Yep.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/02/10/trump-records-classified/

Some of the White House documents that Donald Trump improperly took to his Mar-a-Lago residence were clearly marked as classified, including documents at the “top secret” level, according to two people familiar with the matter.

The existence of clearly marked classified documents in the trove — which has not previously been reported — is likely to intensify the legal pressure that Trump or his staffers could face, and raises new questions about why the materials were taken out of the White House.

While it was unclear how many classified documents were among those received by the National Archives and Records Administration, some bore markings that the information was extremely sensitive and would be limited to a small group of officials with authority to view such highly classified information, the two people familiar with the matter said.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,289.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Serious questions on presidential records. Do they even collect doodles or scratch notes as part of the record? Although, 15 boxes is a bit much to be souvenir letterhead.

I think if it's just random scribles or aide memoirs (like 'person, woman, man, camera, tv') then they'd toss it.

Reactions: GreekOrthodox
Upvote 0

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟246,106.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Taking boxes of government documents, including classified information? Of course he did. I'd be surprised if he didn't. I'm surprised and glad that those particular boxes were retrieved. No doubt Trump's done other crazy things with documents that we'll never discover.

Makes Hillary look like a champion of national security in comparison, and we know how bad she was.

Upvote 0