• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

The racial divide, where does it come from?

Discussion in 'General Politics' started by johneb, Sep 17, 2020.

1. johneb

johneb Member

+138
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I think it's a tribal thing going back to the beginning of mankind. people of the same race but of a different region or belief or tribe have been at odds with each other from the beginning.
    Who or what is perpetuating racism today?
    I found this interesting,
    PS, how do you edit a post title?

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. childeye 2

childeye 2 Well-Known Member

+1,508
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Racism falls under the umbrella of negative prejudice, (one form of negative prejudice).

3. SkyWriting

SkyWriting The Librarian Supporter

+6,747
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    When you are told how you should act by a group, then you meet a different culture, the cultural differences are the problem. For example, a grandma said "You are raising that child too white!"
    And I believe she said that because my granddaughter is very dark and not for any sensible reason. She just doesn't like the culture of people not like her.

4. Bobber

Bobber Well-Known Member

+2,103
    Non-Denom
    Well being a Christian my answer must be based on a spiritual foundation.

What is perpetuating racism? I think it heads up not on a flesh and blood level but by principalities and powers and by the rulers of darkness of this present evil world. (not that the Earth is evil but the worldly system) It really scripturally can be defined as a spirit of division and the devil and his dark kingdom uses race to inject division. If it's not race he'll use different economic classes to do the same.

5. SANTOSO

SANTOSO Active Member

+256
    Indonesia
    Christian
    Married
    It is obvious that racial divide comes from the devil because the devil scheme to perpetuate hate in the mind of others. When people believe hate and spoke out of their mouth, then others hear that hate speech.

So if you don’t to be deceived by the devil, don’t set your mind on the things of the flesh. Follow the teachings of the apostle that told us to set our mind on the things of the spirit.

why people don’t listen the right advice and still follow the advice of the wicked ?
    It is because of indulgence !
    Many still love their own color !
    Actually, many have been told to set our minds not things on the earth, but to set our minds on things above.
    Why ?
    because the opposite of hate is love and that love is in the heavens which everyone should seek. But many seek not the love of God who is the Lord Jesus Christ.

But many seek is their love of themselves; love of their own color; they seek self love, that is, indulgence and it is sin.

Who can redeem many from this sin?
    The Lord Jesus Christ.

As the people of the world have been told :
    Then I saw another angel flying directly overhead, with an ETERNAL GOSPEL to proclaim to those who dwell on earth, to every nation and tribe and language and people. -Revelation 14:6
    And he ( angel) said with a loud voice,
    "FEAR GOD and give Him glory,
    because the hour of His judgment has come,
    and worship Him who made heaven and earth, the sea and the springs of water." -Revelation 14:7

6. HARK!

HARK! Well-Known Member Staff Member Hands-on Trainee Supporter

+2,700
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    Do you mean the thread title.

If so, click on Thread Tools.

[​IMG]

7. johneb

johneb Member

+138