Not open for further replies.

Blindfaith

God's Tornado
Feb 9, 2002
Home of the Slug
✟7,755.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Know what I think? If the US is that big and bad, then maybe we should quit bailing countries out of the garbage they get themselves into. The US should quit "policing" the world, and just let each country do whatever it pleases. If we're that evil, should we close off the borders to Canada too? I mean, I certainly wouldn't want to soil your pristine clean country in any way :rolleyes:

Take care of the Taliban, Al-Qaida and come back home. Leave Saddam there in Iraq, and if he pulls any biological warfare on anybody but us, well...that's just everybody else's problem now, isn't it? People starving? Too bad. We need to take care of our own. I think it sounds like a fine plan. That way, no one can gripe and complain if something else goes wrong, because we won't be there. Hmm...I guess anti-American's better hope that the terrorists don't attack their country next, because we shouldn't be there to help at all.

Upvote 0

Egoinos

Feb 10, 2002
Visit site
✟179.00
TheBear,
"The prisoners at Guantanamo Bay are members of Al Qaeda and the Taliban. I'll ask you once more. Have you read any information I've posted about Al Qaeda and the Taliban?"

You have posted on Al Qaeda. That is pretty much universally accepted to be a terrorist organisation. However, the media, and this conversation, appears to be confusing Al Qaeda with the Taliban. Now, if the men in Cuba are proven to be Al Qaeda members, then the chances are they are terrorists, or supporters of terrorism. If, however, they are Taliban soldiers captured in the fighting, they may not be.

And yes, the US is innocent until proven guilty of any crimes against the detainees. But just as a court (or a newspaper) will investigate those declared innocent, of crimes which they are suspected of committing without saying they are proven to have committed those crimes, so should we (or others better qualified) investigate the US' actions against these men. The US is innocent of any charge of wrongdoing, because it has not been (and may never be) tried on those charges - that does not mean we may not investigate possible misdemeanours. If it makes you feel better, I can preface my comments about the US' treatment of the prisoners with "alleged", that satisfies the legal requirements of being innocent until proven guilty, but if we are to be so formal, please also preface your remarks about the detainees possible offenses with "alleged".

Upvote 0

TheBear

NON-WOKED
Jan 2, 2002
✟304,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Originally posted by TheBear
Knowing that the prisoners at Guantanamo Bay are tied to terrorist cells throughout the world, how far would you go to get information out of them? Does scripture address such issues?

This was my original post at the start of this thread. Let's get back on course, shall we?

John

Upvote 0
I just want to say first off that I am not trying to downplay the tragedy of what happened in New York, but more innocent Afghani civilians died in the American retaliatory bombing than in the actual tragedy itself. Or do you not believe that any afghanistan civilian can be innocent. Remember this, that the citizens of a country are responsible for the countries actions to the degree which they control the goverment.

Upvote 0

TheBear

NON-WOKED
Jan 2, 2002
✟304,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Oh, yeah. While we are concentrating on all efforts to be sure the prisoners at Camp X-Ray are being pampered real nice, and that they are given all the benefits of the Geneva Convention, let's just sweep aside and ignore the fact that a US soldier, who fell out of a helicopter, was draged off and shot to death by members of the Taliban. God forbid, we should be upset and speak out against that real event. Let's just stick with speculation and theories about their countrymen in Guantanamo Bay.

John

Upvote 0

Didymus

can t spell--can t type
Feb 3, 2002
New York state
✟10,771.00
Faith
Protestant
I coooould not find any scriptures for getting information out of pows except treat others the way you would like to be treated. I personally would probaly loose my temper and lock them in solitary with bread and water until they talked or died. Which is why i am not a diplomat. On the other hand how reliable would info gotten that way be ? they would say anything to get the punishments to stop.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.