The Possible Year of the Second Coming in 2027 AD Based on the Jubilee Year Cycles and the 1290 and

Butch5

Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2012
Homer Georgia
Visit site
✟308,557.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

It's not me that's manipulating the grammar. Past tense is past tense. Jesus used the past tense. If you apply the past tense to the future you are practicing eisegesis.

Upvote 0

gordonhooker

Franciscan tssf
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2012
Wellington Point, QLD
Visit site
✟274,602.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
It's not me that's manipulating the grammar. Past tense is past tense. Jesus used the past tense. If you apply the past tense to the future you are practicing eisegesis.

You are obviously having a game with us - or you cannot read and understand the English language - either way I have no intention of wasting another moment with your responses.

Upvote 0

Butch5

Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2012
Homer Georgia
Visit site
✟308,557.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are obviously having a game with us - or you cannot read and understand the English language - either way I have no intention of wasting another moment with your responses.

It's not me that's playing the game. I gave you the meaning of the Greek text. That the English translation doesn't properly convey the idea of what Jesus said isn't my fault. Instead of arguing why not look at a Greek Grammar and see what it says about the Perfect Tense? I'm sorry that you find getting to the real meaning of the passage a waste of time.

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟734,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Did you read my other post. The proper translation is become ready.

He didn't tell everyone to become ready He told the apostles. So, like Noah they should become ready.

Neither, I would submit that your understanding of what Jesus said is wrong.

You are mixing metaphors and also trying to change the passages meaning to suit your agenda. I recommend searching the scriptures for truth rather than changing the meaning of scripture to achieve an outcome.

Upvote 0

Butch5

Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2012
Homer Georgia
Visit site
✟308,557.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are mixing metaphors and also trying to change the passages meaning to suit your agenda. I recommend searching the scriptures for truth rather than changing the meaning of scripture to achieve an outcome.

I've not changed anything. A little research into the text will show that. All you have to do is pick up a lexicon. Note also that right after the passage in question Jesus gives the parable of the 10 virgins. Notice He says they went out to meet the bridegroom. Well, if they went out to meet him obviously they knew when he was coming. Jesus didn't say that went out there on the off chance that the bridegroom might show up.

Upvote 0

throughfiierytrial

Truth-Lover
Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2014
✟523,632.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Seriously, you are wrong-headed when you try to find the year of Christ's Return...no one knows the day or the hour...this is spiritual talk for no one knows at all but that it is approaching and we can witness the strengthening and increase of the signs the Lord has pointed out to us through the testimony of His apostles recorded in Scripture. The emphasis to us has always only been to WATCH! The end time is spelled out as a surprise coming.
Likewise both some of the Psalms warn against intrigues (and this is surely an intrigue of yours) and calls them out as downfalls and wickedness and then too Daniel writing about end times speaks of "a king", a contemptible man (and we know that a contemptible man is so because he is a tool of Satan himself) will seize the kingdom through intrigue.
I believe you should have strong concern now as to whether you are a victim of an agent of intrigue as you search for an end time year...it is not given unto us to know. Watch for the signs and stay faithful to the point of death...don't risk your salvation trying to find the YEAR (or date) of Christ's return.

Upvote 0

66/40

Mar 6, 2016
I banned this website
✟4,939.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Huh? I have no idea what you’re talking about. Care for a little cheese with that whine? Peace out.

Upvote 0

66/40

Mar 6, 2016
I banned this website
✟4,939.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Well said. Just get ready for insults.

Upvote 0

Butch5

Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2012
Homer Georgia
Visit site
✟308,557.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand
16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:
17 Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house:
18 Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes.
19 And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!
20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:
21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened. (Matt. 24:14-22 KJV)

Here Jesus is pretty clear. When you see the abomination of desolation spoken of by Daniel, let him who reads understand. The time can be known.

Upvote 0

throughfiierytrial

Truth-Lover
Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2014
✟523,632.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, it cannot be known...you can witness the signs, and they lead to understanding of one thing: WATCH...the emphasis here again is watch and stay faithful...understand that the time will surely come...
II Peter 3:8-10:
But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. 9 The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.
10 But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything done in it will be laid bare

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

66/40

Mar 6, 2016
I banned this website
✟4,939.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
You’re citing prophesy from Jesus when destruction of the temple happened 40 years after his death and resurrection.

Upvote 0

Butch5

Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2012
Homer Georgia
Visit site
✟308,557.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Yes, it comes as a thief in the night. That's for those who aren't ready. The passage I post shows plainly that one can know.

But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.
2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. (1 Thess. 5:1-4 KJV)

Paul had enlightened his readers so that even though the day of the Lord comes as a thief in the night, it would not overtake them as a thief.

Upvote 0

66/40

Mar 6, 2016
I banned this website
✟4,939.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Yes, it's prophesy from Jesus.
Yes, Jesus was talking about the second destruction of the Temple in 70 A.D. There’s no timeline in the Bible hinted that points to Jesus’ second coming.

“But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.” -Mark 13:32

I think too many people get way too fixated on dates and times and/or the minutia of it all. Instead, we should be focusing on daily prayers and praise to our Savior. When it’s time, Jesus will make it know. As of now, He doesn’t believe that it’s inportant for us to dwell on this subject, let alone worry about it. It’s all planned and God is in total control. Praise be.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,054,363.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Next year is not a possible year of the Lord's return, for we know what events must first take place before the second coming which haven't happened yet.

You believe you know.
People have been saying for years that we are in end times; ever since the ascension, in fact.

Even Paul knew the order of events, when he said, "the Lord will not come UNTIL".

Paul, like the other apostles, believed that the Lord would return in their lifetime.
In Revelation there are the words, "behold I am coming soon." When was Revelation written? At least 1900 years ago - so how soon is soon?

But, it's hard to know the order of timings when you choose to stick your head in the sand and blindfold yourself and make it a point to not know.

I don't believe we can know. Everyone who has predicted a date for the Lord's return has been wrong.

There were, apparently, many signs that something would happen during the London Olympics in 2012 - all from Scripture; reasons and logical explanations given. Nothing happened.
Some years ago someone listed the "clear signs" that Tony Blair was the antichrist, that various things would happen and then we would have x number of years before the end. Again, all these signs were foretold in Scripture, so were inevitable. Except that Blair wasn't the antichrist, none of the things this forummer said were inevitable happened, and we're still here. Since then, we've had Harold Camping, blood moons and several other events and signs listed which were "clear signs."

All that you've said is that 2027 is a possible year.
Even if this forum is still here in 10 years time and there are people who remember this thread, if they say to you "why didn't the Lord return last year?" your answer will be "I only said that it was a possible date". Supposing this forum is still here in 2030 and people are writing about a possible date for the Lord's return - what then? Supposing you are on your death bed in 2025 and you think, "I am going to be with the Lord soon, but he hasn't yet returned to earth"? What then?

Jesus teachings and parables on end times say that we should be ready - that something will happen when we are not expecting it.
If it's possible to work out the year of his return, why didn't Jesus say "all you who live before the 20th century, you'll be fine. You don't need to think at all about end times; don't worry about it. But everyone living from 1990 onwards, had better start being prepared"?

Reactions: YouAreAwesome
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GirdYourLoins

Nov 27, 2016
Brighton, UK
✟122,682.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Someone was telling me the other day that Gods original date for the second coming has changed because he calculated a date which should have been a long time ago, so rather than consider he was wrong he decided God must have changed his mind. Most people who calculate when it will happen cant accept they are wrong, but as someone else said they have been wrong 100% of the time so far.

And it is mildly amusing and frustrating at the same time how they change it when it doesnt happen and they make excuses for how something they said God had told them is proven wrong.

Reactions: YouAreAwesome
Upvote 0

YouAreAwesome

☝✌
Oct 17, 2016
Lismore, Australia
✟94,543.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

An example of this is the Millerite movement that later became the Seventh Day Adventist church (see here). I think this part of the wiki article is quite interesting:

The Great Disappointment is viewed by some scholars as an example of the psychological phenomenon of cognitive dissonance[29] and True-believer syndrome. The theory was proposed by Leon Festinger to describe the formation of new beliefs and increased proselytizing in order to reduce the tension, or dissonance, that results from failed prophecies.[30] According to the theory, believers experienced tension following the failure of Jesus' reappearance in 1844, which led to a variety of new explanations. The various solutions form a part of the teachings of the different groups that outlived the disappointment.​

Upvote 0

flgftlc

Nov 11, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
✟1,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

The coming of the Lord has always been soon, because a thousand years, or two thousand years is not a very long time in the grand scope of things, for those who are chosen will never die but will continue living on into aeons of aeons as Revelation says. I say 2027 is the possible year of the return of the Lord to urge people to be prepared. Indeed we should be prepared as if the second coming were tomorrow, but now that we are much closer than ever, our stern warnings should come with actual prophetic timelines that are about to expire, to urge and compel people to become ready. Many of you are not ready. You can heed the warning, or you cannot. Unlike other men that have tried predicting the second coming of the Lord based on foolish notions, I have based it on reliable sources, the festivals and appointed times of the Torah, and the timelines in the book of Daniel. Whether or not the second coming is in 2027 is a mystery, but there will indeed be a convergence of timelines in that year without a doubt.

Upvote 0