Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How did complex systems emerge from chaos? Physicist Sean Carroll explains. 6 min — with Sean Carrol
How did life on Earth originate? Scientists still aren’t sure, and this remains one of the world’s most fascinating and mind-boggling mysteries.​
One way of approaching the question is to think generally about how complex systems emerge from chaos. Since the 1800s, scientists have known that entropy is always increasing, with everything in our Universe tending toward disorder over time.​
A more nuanced understanding of entropy is helping today’s scientists make progress on the question of the origin of life, as Sean Carroll explains in this Big Think video.​

Frank Robert

Feb 18, 2021
KW
✟127,513.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
ID is not a challenge for science but is a challenge for its proponents .

Panda' Thumb has recently run a series of posts on "Breakthrough for Intelligent Design." Spoiler, its not a breakthrough.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
ID is not a challenge for science but is a challenge for its proponents.

ID can take a hike.

A long one on a short pier.

ID is Satan's cheap imitation for Creationism.

Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
How did complex systems emerge from chaos? Physicist Sean Carroll explains. 6 min — with Sean Carrol
How did life on Earth originate? Scientists still aren’t sure, and this remains one of the world’s most fascinating and mind-boggling mysteries.​
One way of approaching the question is to think generally about how complex systems emerge from chaos. Since the 1800s, scientists have known that entropy is always increasing, with everything in our Universe tending toward disorder over time.​
A more nuanced understanding of entropy is helping today’s scientists make progress on the question of the origin of life, as Sean Carroll explains in this Big Think video.​
The ability to study, research and discuss such complexity is a wonderful gift, but it quickly escalates to unimpressive when science claims it’s progressing on a chaotic origin of life.

Upvote 0

Frank Robert

Feb 18, 2021
KW
✟127,513.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The ability to study, research and discuss such complexity is a wonderful gift, but it quickly escalates to unimpressive when science claims it’s progressing on a chaotic origin of life.
I agree that unwarranted claims can be unimpressive but the video shows how complex systems emerge from chaos and outlines the potential of how understanding of entropy is helping today’s scientists make progress on the question of the origin of life." Chaos is not rare in nature so it makes sense that it's part of scientific inquiry.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Of course, it's all ...about the Son!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,135,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Yep...

Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I agree that unwarranted claims can be unimpressive but the video shows how complex systems emerge from chaos and outlines the potential of how understanding of entropy is helping today’s scientists make progress on the question of the origin of life." Chaos is not rare in nature so it makes sense that it's part of scientific inquiry.
Science is speculative with most, if not all, things in deep time, especially origins, because it is lacking in possibly God’s strongest means of communicating information to us… actual experience.

Upvote 0

Frank Robert

Feb 18, 2021
KW
✟127,513.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Science is speculative with most, if not all, things in deep time, especially origins, because it is lacking in possibly God’s strongest means of communicating information to us… actual experience.
I agree that there are many speculations in science, but Chaos theory is:
an interdisciplinary area of scientific study and branch of mathematics focused on underlying patterns and deterministic laws of dynamical systems that are highly sensitive to initial conditions, and were once thought to have completely random states of disorder and irregularities.​
I don't disagree, if there is a God, that He can communicate but it would need to be in a personal way or in accordance with your belief. When you read religious apologetics you are likely reading the apologetics accepted by your particular denomination. Other denominations may or may not agree so there is no common experience to rely on.

Here is an analogy. Years ago I learned how to communicate with my subconscious mind which for me is an actual experience every time I do so, but the experience is personal.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

2PhiloVoid

Of course, it's all ...about the Son!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,135,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
ID can take a hike.

A long one on a short pier.

ID is Satan's cheap imitation for Creationism.

Way to go, AV! Don't directly say it ---no, just every so subtly imply that some (many?) of your fellow brothers and sisters in Christ are anything but this and that their ideas are all "satanic" simply because they don't fit into the seemingly tidy box of Ultra-Fundamentalist, Independent Baptist doctrines of your local church----or of and within the brain of your favorite pastor and theologian.

This makes me sick to have to read, and I'm not even an "I.D.-er"!

And HAPPY NEW YEAR, bro!!!

Upvote 0