Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
RobNJ said:
Cute disguise!!!
Got locked out last night..did an upgrade that required a restart:doh:

I was wondering what happened myself...I tried to sign in and I was told I had to wait 15 minutes because I had gotten my user name or password wrong 3 times...which I thought was interesting considering I haven't gotten that wrong three times since I've been on the SITE much less three times yesterday...

Upvote 0

RedneckAnglican

Once again...the Outsyder...
Feb 5, 2005
San Antonio, Texas
Visit site
✟20,899.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Dominican said:
Was anyone else locked out of their account by the hacker?

-Benedictine

yep...just found this in my e-mail...

redneckanglican,

Your account on Christian Forums has been locked because someone has
tried to log into the account with the wrong password more than 5 times.
You will be able to attempt to log in again in another 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP
address: 67.18.200.5

Don't forget that the password is case sensitive. Forgotten your
password? Use the link below:

All the best,
Christian Forums team

anybody know how to track an IP address?...

Upvote 0

RedneckAnglican

Once again...the Outsyder...
Feb 5, 2005
San Antonio, Texas
Visit site
✟20,899.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
AveMaria said:
I've got another pot of tea ready, shall I go ahead and make the coffee, too? (I promise to not infect it)

at this point of the morning...go ahead and infect it...Nurse...Caffine IV...stat...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

IowaLutheran

Veteran
Aug 29, 2004
Iowa
✟9,980.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Since this is the "fellowship" thread, I'll share my real-life Anglican/Lutheran fellowship experience yesterday. The bishops of the three Iowa synods of the ELCA and the bishop of the Episcopal diocese of Iowa have established a commission to work on implementing CCM, and I was fortunate enough that my bishop invited me to be on that committee. Although Lutherans are not brought up to respect the bishop's office like Episcopalians do, I still got a bit of a thrill discussing important issues and future plans with them.

Upvote 0

AveMaria

Anglo-Catholic Tat Queen
Aug 2, 2004
✟19,896.00
Faith
Anglican
Politics
US-Democrat
IowaLutheran said:
Since this is the "fellowship" thread, I'll share my real-life Anglican/Lutheran fellowship experience yesterday. The bishops of the three Iowa synods of the ELCA and the bishop of the Episcopal diocese of Iowa have established a commission to work on implementing CCM, and I was fortunate enough that my bishop invited me to be on that committee. Although Lutherans are not brought up to respect the bishop's office like Episcopalians do, I still got a bit of a thrill discussing important issues and future plans with them.

That's very exciting! What a wonderful opportunity!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

IowaLutheran

Veteran
Aug 29, 2004
Iowa
✟9,980.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
AveMaria said:
That's very exciting! What a wonderful opportunity!

Thanks - it is exciting! A lot of great things will come out of our relationship, from local cooperation on bible studies all the way up to coordinating our efforts to help our sister synods/diocese in Africa.

Plus, the fact that I've met the local Episcopal bishop helped me answer the question regarding what color bishops wear on the Anglican Quiz! (Lutheran bishops still wear black, by the way - the only way you can typically distinguish them from regular clergy is their big pectoral cross).

Upvote 0

pmcleanj

Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner
Mar 24, 2004
Alberta, Canada
Visit site
✟7,281.00
Faith
Anglican
IowaLutheran said:
Thanks - it is exciting! A lot of great things will come out of our relationship, from local cooperation on bible studies all the way up to coordinating our efforts to help our sister synods/diocese in Africa.

Plus, the fact that I've met the local Episcopal bishop helped me answer the question regarding what color bishops wear on the Anglican Quiz! (Lutheran bishops still wear black, by the way - the only way you can typically distinguish them from regular clergy is their big pectoral cross).
Our ELCIC bishop wears purple.

I noticed Bishop Stephen for the first time, unloading boxes of paper off the back of a bus at Augustana college, as people gathered for a national worship conference. He was in there with the rest of the organizers helping with the grunt work. It's not that Anglican bishops are pompous and stuck up (except for the inevitable exceptions to any rule). But if our Bishop Barry had tried to pick up a dirty load of paper in his pretty purple shirt, I'm sure someone would have run up and taken it from him, and then led him away to some more appropriately Episcopal occupation.

Frankly, I think Bishop Stephen won my heart then and there. Anglican bishops could do well to spend more time with their sleeves rolled up working alongside us grunts -- and to those that do, Kudos!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.