the old and new covenants....

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟576,501.44
Faith
Messianic
Could you provide where that is shown?

Yeshua as our High Priest

Hebrews 3:1 Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;

Temple in heaven is the example from which Moses made a copy..

Hebrews 8:5 Who serve unto the example and shadow of heavenly things, as Moses was admonished of God when he was about to make the tabernacle: for, See, saith he, that thou make all things according to the pattern shewed to thee in the mount.

Yeshua as our High Priest ministers in the Heavenly Sanctuary on our behalf with His sacrifice [blood]

Hebrews 9:23 It was therefore necessary that the patterns of things in the heavens should be purified with these; but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these.24 For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us:

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟280,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yeshua as our High Priest

Hebrews 3:1 Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;

Temple in heaven is the example from which Moses made a copy..

Hebrews 8:5 Who serve unto the example and shadow of heavenly things, as Moses was admonished of God when he was about to make the tabernacle: for, See, saith he, that thou make all things according to the pattern shewed to thee in the mount.

Yeshua as our High Priest ministers in the Heavenly Sanctuary on our behalf with His sacrifice [blood]

Hebrews 9:23 It was therefore necessary that the patterns of things in the heavens should be purified with these; but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these.24 For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us:
Thanks,

The earthly sanctuary (Most Holy Place in the Temple) was a copy and shadow of the heavenly reality of God's presence (Heb 10:24, 8:5, 9:23). As it was necessary for the earthly sanctuary to be purified with animal sacrifices, so it was necessary for the heavenly sanctuary to be purified with the better sacrifice of Christ himself (i.e., for sin to be cleansed, his blood must be applied in the real (heavenly) sanctuary, not the way it was cleansed by application in the earthly sanctuary, which was only a copy and shadow of the real sanctuary--Heb 8:5). But there is no sacrifice being offered in heaven (Heb 10:25). His blood has been applied once and for all.

Both the Temple and its ministry were to illustrate symbolically the only way sinners may approach a holy God and find forgiveness.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟576,501.44
Faith
Messianic
Thanks,

The earthly sanctuary (Most Holy Place in the Temple) was a copy and shadow of the heavenly reality of God's presence (Heb 10:24, 8:5, 9:23). As it was necessary for the earthly sanctuary to be purified with animal sacrifices, so it was necessary for the heavenly sanctuary to be purified with the better sacrifice of Christ himself. But there is no sacrifice being offered in heaven (Heb 10:25).

Both the Temple and its ministry were to illustrate symbolically the only way sinners may approach a holy God and find forgiveness.
Now you are getting it.. :thumbsup:... not done away with just moved to the original location .. to a better service

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟280,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Now you are getting it.. :thumbsup:... not done away with just moved to the original location .. to a better service
You missed my edits. They are here:

The earthly sanctuary (Most Holy Place in the Temple) was a copy and shadow of the heavenly reality of God's presence (Heb 10:24, 8:5, 9:23). As it was necessary for the earthly sanctuary to be purified with animal sacrifices, so it was necessary for the heavenly sanctuary to be purified with the better sacrifice of Christ himself (i.e., for sin to be cleansed, his blood must be applied in the real (heavenly) sanctuary, not the way it was cleansed by application in the earthly sanctuary, which was only a copy and shadow of the real sanctuary--Heb 8:5).

But there is no sacrifice being offered in heaven (Heb 10:25). His blood has been applied once and for all.
The work is finished.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟576,501.44
Faith
Messianic
You missed my edits. They are here:

The earthly sanctuary (Most Holy Place in the Temple) was a copy and shadow of the heavenly reality of God's presence (Heb 10:24, 8:5, 9:23). As it was necessary for the earthly sanctuary to be purified with animal sacrifices, so it was necessary for the heavenly sanctuary to be purified with the better sacrifice of Christ himself (i.e., for sin to be cleansed, his blood must be applied in the real (heavenly) sanctuary, not the way it was cleansed by application in the earthly sanctuary, which was only a copy and shadow of the real sanctuary--Heb 8:5).

But there is no sacrifice being offered in heaven (Heb 10:25). His blood has been applied once and for all.

and I agree.... but it is still all there... the sacrifice has been made the application in the heavenly court is now in session handled by our High Priest Yeshua... all part of His covenant with us... and our covenant with Him is to have His laws in our heart... our bodies as Holy...

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟280,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
and I agree.... but it is still all there... the sacrifice has been made the application in the heavenly court is now in session handled by our High Priest Yeshua... all part of His covenant with us... and our covenant with Him is to have His laws in our heart... our bodies as Holy...
His work is finished.

Where do you find this application in the heavenly court now in session handled by Christ?

His atonement was made (past tense) to God once and for all, it is not now being made (present tense) to a heavenly court currently in session.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟576,501.44
Faith
Messianic
His work is finished.

Where do you find this application in the heavenly court now in session handled by Christ?

His atonement was made (past tense) to God once and for all, it is not now being made (present tense) to a heavenly court currently in session.
Is there no more sin, is there no more need to apply His blood to the repentant sinner's record, is there no more atonement to be made on our behalf?

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟280,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Is there no more sin, is there no more need to apply His blood to the repentant sinner's record, is there no more atonement to be made on our behalf?
No, there is not

Christ's sacrifice is the one atonement for all who believe in the Promise (Jesus Christ), going all the way back to Adam and all the way forward to the end of time.

". . .the result of one act of righteousness was justification that brings life for all men" (Ro 5:18) Elsewhere in the Word of God we know that is limited to those who believe in the Promise (Jesus Christ).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟576,501.44
Faith
Messianic
No, there is not

Christ's sacrifice is the one atonement for all who believe in the Promise (Jesus Christ), going all the way back to Adam and all the way forward to the end of time.

". . .the result of one act of righteousness was justification that brings life for all men" (Ro 5:18) Elsewhere in the Word of God we know that is limited to those who believe in the Promise (Jesus Christ).
yes. one atonement... but on the Day of Atonement is it applied.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟280,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
yes. one atonement... but on the Day of Atonement is it applied.
One atonement only and one application only at each rebirth.

What do you mean by Day of Atonement?

Of the 34 verses in Lev 16 regulating the Day of Atonement, 22 verses (vv.1-22) apply to removing sin from the tabernacle, while 8 verses (vv. 23-30) apply to the removing sin from the people.

Where do you find that Christ's blood is now applied once a year on the Day of Atonement?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟576,501.44
Faith
Messianic
Just as Yeshua fulfilled the spring appointed times mo'edim with His first coming, so also will He fulfill the fall feasts with His second coming... there are four spring feasts.. Passover, First fruits, and Feast of Unleavened bread, and Pentecost.. most of those you recognise and know what happened ... the fall feasts are the Feast of Trumpets, Day of Atonement, and The feast of Tabernacles... which have yet to have their fulfillment... which is what Paul was talking about when he said they are "a shadow of things to come".

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟280,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Just as Yeshua fulfilled the spring appointed times mo'edim with His first coming, so also will He fulfill the fall feasts with His second coming... there are four spring feasts.. Passover, First fruits, and Feast of Unleavened bread, and Pentecost.. most of those you recognise and know what happened ... the fall feasts are the Feast of Trumpets, Day of Atonement, and The feast of Tabernacles... which have yet to have their fulfillment... which is what Paul was talking about when he said they are "a shadow of things to come".
Well, actually the shadow of the things (realities) to come are in Christ and have come now (Col 2:17). There is nothing more to come outside of Christ.

"By one sacrifice he has made perfect (complete) forever those who are being made holy." (Heb 10:14)

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟576,501.44
Faith
Messianic
Well, actually the shadow of the things to come are in Christ and have come now (Col 2:17). There is nothing more to come outside of Christ.

"By one sacrifice he has made perfect (complete) forever those who are being made holy." (Heb 10:14)
He is coming... And yes The fall feasts are the shadows of things to come... the body of which is Christ... Amen... If you want to know how it all will go down.. study the fall feasts in the light of how the spring feasts were fulfilled by the first coming... 3 1/2 year ministry before they will be fulfilled.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟280,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
He is coming... And yes The fall feasts are the shadows of things to come... the body of which is Christ... Amen... If you want to know how it all will go down.. study the fall feasts in the light of how the spring feasts were fulfilled by the first coming... 3 1/2 year ministry before they will be fulfilled.
The NT Word of God does not state that the fall feasts are the shadow of the things to come. Where do you find this in the NT?

The shadows are the realities we receive in Christ, not outside him.

The reality of the shadows is found in Christ (Col 2:17), in whom dwells the fullness of God (Col 1:19). It is not found outside him in a fall feast.

The Temple (Heb 8:5, 9:23-24) and sacrificial system (Heb 10:1-12) were shadows of the atonement whose reality is in Christ.

There is nothing in the NT Word of God about the fall feasts being shadows of realities in Christ.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟576,501.44
Faith
Messianic
The NT Word of God does not state that the fall feasts are the shadow of the things to come. Where do you find this in the NT?

The shadows are the realities we receive in Christ, not outside him.

The reality of the shadows is found in Christ (Col 2:17), in whom dwells the fullness of God (Col 1:19). It is not found outside him in a fall feast.

The Temple (Heb 8:5, 9:23-24) and sacrificial system (Heb 10:1-12) were shadows of the atonement whose reality is in Christ.

There is nothing in the NT Word of God about the fall feasts being shadows of realities in Christ.
Just as the spring feasts are in Christ so also are the fall feasts.. they are all His appointed times .. they are still active and do not let anyone judge you how you keep them whether in the manner of eating or drinking.. it is not about outward rituals but in the prophectic

Colossians 2:16-18
New International Version (NIV)
Freedom From Oral tradition Rules

16 Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. [Check out Lev 23 for listing.. they are God's feasts not Jewish feasts] 17 These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟576,501.44
Faith
Messianic
Well, actually the shadow of the things (realities) to come are in Christ and have come now (Col 2:17). There is nothing more to come outside of Christ.

to come... something to look forward to..

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟280,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Just as the spring feasts are in Christ so also are the fall feasts.. they are all His appointed times .. they are still active and do not let anyone judge you how you keep them whether in the manner of eating or drinking.. it is not about outward rituals but in the prophectic

Colossians 2:16-18
New International Version (NIV)
Freedom From Oral tradition Rules

16 Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. [Check out Lev 23 for listing.. they are God's feasts not Jewish feasts] 17 These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ.
"that were to come" - it's not are to come

They are no longer coming, they have come.

And those who were judging religious practices were the Jews' judging the Jewish Christians because they no longer kept the feasts, etc.

Paul tells them not to be troubled about it, because the feasts, etc. which Judaism practiced are merely shadows, they aren't the real thing, as a shadow of the person, though in the form of the person, is not the real person.
Christians, even though they do not practice them, are the ones with the realities of the feasts in Christ.
The feasts were only pre-figures of the gospel in Christ.
They were not, and are not, the realities we have in Christ.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟576,501.44
Faith
Messianic
"that were to come" - it's not are to come

They are no longer coming, they have come.

And those who were judging religious practices were the Jews' judging the Jewish Christians because they no longer kept the feasts, etc.

Paul tells them not to be troubled about it, because the feasts, etc. which Judaism practiced are merely shadows, they aren't the real thing, as a shadow of the person is nt the person.
Christians, even though they do not practice them, are the ones with the realities of the feasts in Christ. The feasts were only pre-figures of the gospel in Christ. They were not, and are not, the realities we have in Christ.
Only half.. the rest is yet to come.. just like His second coming.. and "were" is not in the original text...Colossians 2:16-18
Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)
16 So don’t let anyone pass judgment on you in connection with eating and drinking, or in regard to a Jewish festival or Rosh-Hodesh or Shabbat. 17 These are a shadow of things that are coming, but the body is of the Messiah.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟280,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Only half.. the rest is yet to come.. these are a shadow of things yet to come

The things (in Christ) are coming, the shadows are not coming, because they were already here.

Did you miss mine on the Day of Atonement?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟280,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
to come... something to look forward to..
Hey, Sassy,

We are dealing with some textual misunderstandings here.

1) The priesthood, sacrifices, feasts, etc. are the shadows.

The reality is in Christ.

What is "to come" is the realities in Christ, not the shadows which were already here.

None of the feasts are the reality that is "to come." All of them are only the shadows which were already here.

Now if the rest of God's plan of salvation in Christ occurs on an anniversary of any feast, that's a different thing.
It is not the feast itself which is the reality, it is the occurring of God's plan in Christ which is the reality.
The feast is only the occasion of the reality in Christ. It is the reality in Christ which is "to come," not the shadow which was already here.

2) One physical atonement, spiritually applied through faith (the hyssop) at rebirth.
The one atonement remits all sin, past, present and future, of the believers' life.
The things in heaven were purified once and for all, eternally, at Christ's ascension.
There is no continual and future atoning.
There is only one atoning, spiritually applied through faith at rebirth, which remits all sin.

Last edited:
Upvote 0