✟16,512.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi everyone!

I was listening to the radio yesterday. It was a national talk show on the radio (i think #3 in the nation). They were on there talking about Mike Huckabee, former Govenor of Arkansas. They were willing talking him up and saying he has a chance to win Iowa and if so, he very well could be the Republican Candidate for the White House.

That got me thinking about things I dont like about Huckabee, since I am from Arkansas. I was thinking, "if these people only knew...they wouldn't want him for President (possibly)."

So I would like to open up some dialoge about the candidates. People from where the candidates are from can tell people what the candidate is really like, having first hand knowledge of living in their state.

I am hoping this doesnt make arguements. I am wanting this for purely information.

So please, lets talk about the candidates...

LutheranChick

Jul 12, 2007
Iowa
✟9,888.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ok, I'll bite (I'm not SDA - hope that's ok) but anyway... I have been looking at the Republican candidates and the only one that has really stood out as someone I would back is Mike Huckabee. So.... tell me... why DON'T I want him to be the next president?

Upvote 0

ricker

Feb 25, 2007
Minnesota
✟19,844.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ok, I'll bite (I'm not SDA - hope that's ok) but anyway... I have been looking at the Republican candidates and the only one that has really stood out as someone I would back is Mike Huckabee. So.... tell me... why DON'T I want him to be the next president?
Cool, another Lutheran on the SDA site! And yes, you can post in the discussion and debate section. Welcome and God bless! Ricker

Upvote 0

RC_NewProtestants

Senior Veteran
May 2, 2006
Washington State
Visit site
✟18,250.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't know much about Huckabee but what I have heard sounds good. Also Duncan Hunter maybe a good choice. It is amazing how national media ignores most of the candidates, instead focusing on the most popular 2 or 3 now. But that is another issue.

Upvote 0

JonMiller

Senior Veteran
Jun 6, 2007
✟23,331.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hi everyone!

I was listening to the radio yesterday. It was a national talk show on the radio (i think #3 in the nation). They were on there talking about Mike Huckabee, former Govenor of Arkansas. They were willing talking him up and saying he has a chance to win Iowa and if so, he very well could be the Republican Candidate for the White House.

That got me thinking about things I dont like about Huckabee, since I am from Arkansas. I was thinking, "if these people only knew...they wouldn't want him for President (possibly)."

So I would like to open up some dialoge about the candidates. People from where the candidates are from can tell people what the candidate is really like, having first hand knowledge of living in their state.

I am hoping this doesnt make arguements. I am wanting this for purely information.

So please, lets talk about the candidates...

From everything I have heard, he is by far the best Republican candidate. Guliani is despotic (more than even our current administration) and McCain is a sellout (And old). Mitt Romney is Mormon and Guiliani is Catholic (I am fine with that, but many Republicans aren't). Pretty much all Republicans have a history of being pro-choice (The one thing I am right on), except maybe Huckabee.

Besides the harsh use of police (the New Yorkers who at first had praised him for cleaning up the streets wanted him out for harsh police add the end), Guiliani used them to quash political and personal opponents. The corruption is just starting to seep out now. Additionally, he isn't at all a moral man, seen by his numerous affairs and one of his divorces was while his wife was gravely ill!

I don't really like the democrats either. I really disliked Hillary from Billl's terms, but do think a bit better about her now (in comparison to Bush). Please give me something other than a Bush or a Clinton! Obama sounds and looks nice, but he has really low experience and is pretty empty. Both Hillary and Obama are religious, if that matters (Hillary is a core member of the senate prayer group). Edwards seemed inexperienced 8 years ago, but maybe is ready now? I don't know, this is another election which is more about who I don't want than who I want. I am pretty sure that if Hillary wins it won't be a disaster for the country, so of the front runners I currently favor her.

JM
(I admit that I am not at all Republican)

Upvote 0

Loveaboveall

Mar 14, 2007
✟8,379.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
From everything I have heard, he is by far the best Republican candidate. Guliani is despotic (more than even our current administration) and McCain is a sellout (And old). Mitt Romney is Mormon and Guiliani is Catholic (I am fine with that, but many Republicans aren't). Pretty much all Republicans have a history of being pro-choice (The one thing I am right on), except maybe Huckabee.

Besides the harsh use of police (the New Yorkers who at first had praised him for cleaning up the streets wanted him out for harsh police add the end), Guiliani used them to quash political and personal opponents. The corruption is just starting to seep out now. Additionally, he isn't at all a moral man, seen by his numerous affairs and one of his divorces was while his wife was gravely ill!

I don't really like the democrats either. I really disliked Hillary from Billl's terms, but do think a bit better about her now (in comparison to Bush). Please give me something other than a Bush or a Clinton! Obama sounds and looks nice, but he has really low experience and is pretty empty. Both Hillary and Obama are religious, if that matters (Hillary is a core member of the senate prayer group). Edwards seemed inexperienced 8 years ago, but maybe is ready now? I don't know, this is another election which is more about who I don't want than who I want. I am pretty sure that if Hillary wins it won't be a disaster for the country, so of the front runners I currently favor her.

JM
(I admit that I am not at all Republican)

Who are they praying too?

Upvote 0

mva1985

Senior Veteran
Jun 18, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟19,628.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I know I am going to possibly bring the house down on me for saying this but I don't think Jesus would support pro-choice. I am all about supporting the rights of the unborn. I'm a pro-lifer from way back and that is one of the main reasons I am a republican now.

God Bless
Jim Larmore
I'm with ya Jim!!! Pro-life.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mva1985

Senior Veteran
Jun 18, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟19,628.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Sorry to go offtopic but do prolifers have an alternative for those who think abortions are the only option in life. Do they have solutions for those who are raped or when the mother's life is in danger?
Those are my exceptions to the abortion issue. Rape, incest and life of the mother.

Upvote 0

RC_NewProtestants

Senior Veteran
May 2, 2006
Washington State
Visit site
✟18,250.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Sorry to go offtopic but do prolifers have an alternative for those who think abortions are the only option in life. Do they have solutions for those who are raped or when the mother's life is in danger?
Depends on the area. I know there are church sponsored homes for pregnant teens etc (Roman Catholics seem to lead the way in this area,). Certainly adoption is widely available and in fact usually a long waiting list to receive adopted children. They have nothing if the mother's life is in danger because that is a medical call.

Upvote 0

JonMiller

Senior Veteran
Jun 6, 2007
✟23,331.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Who are they praying too?

It' s the main group of christian's in the Senate. I think most are republicans, but there are some democrats. They meet for prayer group a couple times a weeks, I think. There was an article about the ministries that try to engage our nation's leaders. Compared to most of DC (including most Republicans), Hillary is a very serious Christian.

JM

Upvote 0

JonMiller

Senior Veteran
Jun 6, 2007
✟23,331.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I know I am going to possibly bring the house down on me for saying this but I don't think Jesus would support pro-choice. I am all about supporting the rights of the unborn. I'm a pro-lifer from way back and that is one of the main reasons I am a republican now.

God Bless
Jim Larmore

I have voted for Republicans once or twie, and it was always with pro-life on my mind (or Democrats are corrupt). But even with full cotnrol of the house, senate, and presidency, the Republicans didn't do anything about Abortion. They would prefer to use it as a tool to get votes of Christians and other such groups.

And Romney and McCain have been personally pro-life but governmentally pro-chioce in the past. And Guiliani was outspokenly pro-chioce for a republican. Even if this is still the one issue that decides things for you, I dont' see how it can get you to vote republican this time.

JM

Upvote 0

JonMiller

Senior Veteran
Jun 6, 2007
✟23,331.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Most pro-lifer's are in favor of exceptions for mother's life in danger, or rape, or incest.

In the US it is the pro-chocie campt that is no compromise.. never. Not for partial birth abortion, or for underage people, or for the other parent.

I personally favor using science as the deciding factor (since we do keep church and state seperate). In all other situations, life is determined as ended when brain waves cease. These begin at about the 3-4 week mark.

While this puts me into neither camp squarely, I take up the pro-life camp because the pro-choice camp compromises a lot less in american politics (many countries to the left of us have more restrictions on abortion than we do... ).

JM

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

honorthesabbath

Senior Veteran
Aug 10, 2005
Arkansas
✟19,680.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
There is only ONE man in this race who deserves to be the President of this country and that man is RON PAUL!!!!

If you want a return to Constitutional government and get back to the gold standard and get rid of that demonic federal reserve--he's your man!

www.ronpaul2008.com

BTW--Ron IS winning in all the polls--but the government controlled media have black listed him. He also raised 4.4 million dollars in one 24 hour period this past week thru the internet. But NOT ONE WORD from the biased media. This is more than any of the other candidates.

VOTE FOR RON PAUL TO GET AMERICA BACK! HE IS OUR ONLY HOPE!

Upvote 0

Jimlarmore

Senior Veteran
Oct 25, 2006
✟17,990.00
Faith
SDA

If a mother's life is in danger then I would not stand opposed to saving the mother in lieu of the unborn. However in the case of rape you are still murdering a innocent baby. The one who is innocent forfeits it's life? What is right about that? It's not the babies fault that the father decided to get crazy. There are all kinds of good folks who are dying to adopt a baby, why kill it?

God Bless
Jim Larmore

Upvote 0

JonMiller

Senior Veteran
Jun 6, 2007
✟23,331.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It is saying something that even though I think his policies are crazy, that I would vote for him over the republican frontrunners and maybe the democrat frontrunners.

JM
(Congress would hopefully keep anything too crazy from happening, although they didn't succeed with Bush.)

Upvote 0

Jimlarmore

Senior Veteran
Oct 25, 2006
✟17,990.00
Faith
SDA
I have voted for Republicans once or twie, and it was always with pro-life on my mind (or Democrats are corrupt). But even with full cotnrol of the house, senate, and presidency, the Republicans didn't do anything about Abortion. They would prefer to use it as a tool to get votes of Christians and other such groups.

And Romney and McCain have been personally pro-life but governmentally pro-chioce in the past. And Guiliani was outspokenly pro-chioce for a republican. Even if this is still the one issue that decides things for you, I dont' see how it can get you to vote republican this time.

JM

I'm a republican but I have never voted a straight party line ticket nor do I think I will ever do that unless it's just a freak accident of choosing the right candidates. I am not sure which candidate I am actually for at this point. The choices are not really that great this time around. I do know this much I will not vote for Hillary Clinton :D

God Bless
Jim Larmore

Upvote 0
A

AndrewK788

There is only ONE man in this race who deserves to be the President of this country and that man is RON PAUL!!!!

If you want a return to Constitutional government and get back to the gold standard and get rid of that demonic federal reserve--he's your man!

www.ronpaul2008.com

BTW--Ron IS winning in all the polls--but the government controlled media have black listed him. He also raised 4.4 million dollars in one 24 hour period this past week thru the internet. But NOT ONE WORD from the biased media. This is more than any of the other candidates.

VOTE FOR RON PAUL TO GET AMERICA BACK! HE IS OUR ONLY HOPE!

That's all fine and good but--where's your source for this information? I'm not asking for the sake of challenging but I actually am curious. I know the media is definitely biased, but at the same time it's peculiar that if this is all true you're the only person I've found mentioning anything of it.

Upvote 0