The new CF vs the old CF, a vote

sc4s2cg

'Cause human tears are older than the rain.
Nov 28, 2004
Somewhere on Earth.
Visit site
✟20,163.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Just getting the word out to ya guys. :)

Erwin made a thread in the announcement forum with a poll. Basically, do we (members) want the new CF to continue or go back to the old CF? Link available below:
http://www.christianforums.com/t5787680

G-d bless,
sc

MartinM

GondolierAce
Feb 9, 2003
Visit site
✟5,655.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
There's currently a poll going to determine the future of CF. Since no one on staff has seen fit to post an announcement here, I thought I'd do it myself. Here's what Erwin has to say:

This site at the moment is at a cross-roads, and can go either way. It can either become:

1. A safe social community site with a heavy and strong Christian influence (with the vision being to offer a safe online community, and a secondary vision being to allow Christians to outreach to non-Christians) - which will allow for a name change;

OR

2. Return to a more restricted Christians-only site with a heavy emphasis on uniting mainstream Christians only with a less emphasis on outreach, in which case we keep the name.

So, that's what is at stake. Currently option 2 has about 2/3 support.

Upvote 0

MrGoodBytes

Seeker for life, probably
Mar 4, 2006
✟22,772.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I read a bit of Erwin's original thread and I'm confused. The way I understood it, option 2 means kicking out all non-Christians (and most likely the non-Niceneists too), but some posters seem to indicate that it merely means taking back last week's changes.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MartinM

GondolierAce
Feb 9, 2003
Visit site
✟5,655.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
I read a bit of Erwin's original thread and I'm confused. The way I understood it, option 2 means kicking out all non-Christians (and most likely the non-Niceneists too), but some posters seem to indicate that it merely means taking back last week's changes.

Yes, a lot of people seem to be voting for option 2 based on the assumption that it doesn't actually mean what it says. I think we need to be pushing for option 1 to guard against the possibility that the assumption turns out to be incorrect.

Upvote 0

Aron-Ra

Senior Veteran
Jul 3, 2004
Deep in the heart of the Bible belt
Visit site
✟14,521.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I vote Option One so we can fulfill the Great Commission via this site.
Well, it does seem impossible to unite all Christians. I know certain Baptists, Pentecosts, and 7th day adventists who will never embrace Jehova's Witnesses, Catholics, Mormons, Orthodoxy, or the House of Yahweh.

But if you reach out to "save" non-Christians, you have to be careful that they don't save you first.

Upvote 0

five

Raptor Jesus
Dec 23, 2005
✟751.00
Faith
Agnostic
what is a "niceneist"?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

KerrMetric

Oct 2, 2005
Pasadena, CA
✟6,671.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Does the old CF include the cliquish Mods with their baiting sockpuppets?

Does it mean a return to heavy handed Moderation and the stupid system of Warnings given out just because you [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]ed off a Mods sockpuppet?

No thanks!

Upvote 0

Aron-Ra

Senior Veteran
Jul 3, 2004
Deep in the heart of the Bible belt
Visit site
✟14,521.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Well the problem with #2 is that Erwin doesn't know what constitutes a Christian - like most Christians I'm afraid.
When I first joined this group, I noticed Mormons were excluded from the Christian collective. How does one justify that?

Upvote 0