The Names and Titles of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What is Jesus really like? HIs names reveal His true character. When we understand His love, compassion, and mercy, we will put our total trust in Jesus.

Let`s write one name or title and see how far we can go with exalting our Lord Jesus.

Just one at a time please so others can contribute. Later on we can each add another and so on with space to let others contribute.

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus is the good shepherd who lays His life down for the sheep.

"The Lord is my shepherd." (Ps. 23: 1)

"I am the good shepherd......and I lay down My life for the sheep." (John 10: 11 & 15)

1700004811273.png

Upvote 0

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟204,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Jesus is the Prince of Peace

Isaiah 9:6 said:
For a Child will be born to us, a Son will be given to us; And the government will rest on His shoulders; And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.

Reactions: Marilyn C
Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you to everyone who has contributed so far. What a great start. There are over 250 names and titles of the Lord, so there is much to learn of our precious Lord and Saviour. I`m reminded that for the Body of Christ to come to maturity it is by the Holy Spirit

`Till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect, (mature) man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ...` (Eph. 4: 13)

So, as we meditate on Him then we are enlarged and changed from `glory to glory.`

I presented the Lord as the good shepherd and not the bad one that leads us astray, but cares for us daily.

linux.poet presented the Lord as the Prince of Peace. What a wonderful truth that is in our lives and to come upon the earth when He has put down all rebellious rulership.

tturt gave us the Messiah, the Son of God. yes, He is the expressed image of the Father.

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
`the faithful and true witness...` (Rev. 3: 14)

In His faithful witness our Lord did not trifle over transient things, but testified to eternal truth. He never pandered to the populace to gain popularity or praise. He never minimized nor falsified any reality, nor guessed at any time when giving an answer to a question.

In His message to mankind He unveiled the mysteries of God, revealed the treasure of truth, foretold the future of nations and disclosed the issues of life.

The witness He bore to visible and invisible alike was worthy of His incarnate Deity. His testimony to judgment and justification, to creation and consummation, to redemption and regeneration, to the Father`s purpose and the future prospects were wholly faithful and true.`

(Ref. C.J.Rolls)

Upvote 0

Prospector

Sep 27, 2020
Kw
✟19,222.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Isaiah 9:6

King James Version

6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The names and titles so far -

The Lord Jesus Christ.

Shepherd, Prince of Peace, messiah, Son of God, faithful witness, wonderful, counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father,

There are over 250 so I wonder how far we can go to find them in God`s word. They all contribute to our understanding of Jesus.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Word of God.

`In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. ` (John 1: 1 - 2)

`The Word was made flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory. ` (John 1: 14)

`He was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and His name is called “The Word of God.” (Rev. 19: 13)

Behind the expression of sound, speech, and substance lies the fact of thought. The philosophy of Hebrew doctrine declares that behind thought is a thinker, whose mind is infinite in wisdom and knowledge.

The Word of life in past centuries had been expressed in speech (Heb. 1: 1). The evidence of the invisible Godhead was also demonstrated in a tangible creation. However, it was not until the manifestation of Christ that humanity received a clear and full revelation of God`s personal being.

(Ref. C.J. Rolls)

Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0