Jeremiah 29:11 It's good!
Apr 9, 2006
USA
✟25,368.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
We saw "Soul Surfer" yesterday. It touched me very deeply. In fact I think God used some parts of it to bring healing to me and my life. Wonderful and true story of the young girl in Hawaii, Bethany Hamilton, who was attacked by a shark. This is definitely a Christian based movie and I highly recommend it to anyone to see. It may not be in the theaters for too long as there were just a few people in the theaters; but when available on DVD worth it to buy or rent.

Reactions: Zoooma
Upvote 0

Zoooma

Hating Living :(
Mar 15, 2010
Hudson River Valley, NY
✟19,360.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
most recently and it's not a big screen movie but it's still a movie . . .

The Lost Valentine -- the first Hallmark Hall Of Fame TV movie of 2011 was quite touching. Betty White's character's husband died in the Philippines in WWII and his remains were finally brought home 66 years later. Betty White is known for being a funny lady but here she played straight drama and she was perfect.

Upvote 0

Gina Wild

Apr 3, 2011
✟279.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Others
A movie that touched my heart...
I'd say Religulous with Bill Maher. It was just... awesome when he got to the Vatican.

And I like the scene as he was in front of the LDS Temple, and the guards gave the team an advice to change the place, and then he talk with former Mormons about the silly LDS faith.

Upvote 0

Gina Wild

Apr 3, 2011
✟279.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Others
most recently and it's not a big screen movie but it's still a movie . . .

The Lost Valentine -- the first Hallmark Hall Of Fame TV movie of 2011 was quite touching. Betty White's character's husband died in the Philippines in WWII and his remains were finally brought home 66 years later. Betty White is known for being a funny lady but here she played straight drama and she was perfect.

Betty White? The funny lady from the GOLDEN GIRLS? Than this would be might interesting for you:

Betty White is named on an Internet list of bisexual actresses:

Barbara Stanwyck made the top of the Bisexual list! - 70 BISEXUAL ACTRESSES NAMED - Zimbio+...

Upvote 0

Zoooma

Hating Living :(
Mar 15, 2010
Hudson River Valley, NY
✟19,360.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Betty White? The funny lady from the GOLDEN GIRLS? Than this would be might interesting for you:

Betty White is named on an Internet list of bisexual actresses
No, it's not interesting at all. It's gossip. Unless an actor admits, out of their own mouth, their homosexuality, or there's photographic evidence to prove it, then there's no reason to believe it. Did you know Kobe Bryant recently had an affair with Bruce Willis? There's no evidence of this but I put them on my list of gay celebrities. Does my list make it true? No.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gina Wild

Apr 3, 2011
✟279.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Others
No, it's not interesting at all. It's gossip. Unless an actor admits, out of their own mouth, their homosexuality, or there's photographic evidence to prove it, then there's no reason to believe it. Did you know Kobe Bryant recently had an affair with Bruce Willis? There's no evidence of this but I put them on my list of gay celebrities. Does my list make it true? No.

Whether somebody is heterosexual or homosexual (or bisexual), nothing states, nevertheless, about whether somebody is a good or bad actor. We love our stars, and want to know so much as possible about them. Many of the movie celebreties or television stars are or were homosexual or bisexual. One knew it only about Rock Hudson when he was almost dead. By Barbara Stanwyck is known, in several books investigated and published, that she belonged to the so-called "Needle circle" of lesbian and bisexual fames to which also Marlene Dietrich, Greta Garbo and Mercedes De Acosta belonged. A rumour, from the widow of late Charles Laughton for the first time announced, says that he had an affair with Danny Kaye. Laughton was gay, nevertheless, this denied everything up to his death. Why not also Danny Kaye?
Do you know the concept "Lavender marriage"? With it lesbians and gays were meant who were famous as an artist, and, married voluntarily or not, so that they were valid as "normal". In Hollywood there were many of such marriages. And there was and are many women and men who went by bisexual experiences without being really ever bisexual. So, impossibly it is not, that Betty White had in her long life also an affair with a woman.

BTW: Do you have any problem with queer celebreties at all?

Upvote 0

Gina Wild

Apr 3, 2011
✟279.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Others
The feature "Latter Days" about a gay Mormon missionary. Many scenes in it remind me of "Prayers for Bobby", only that Aaron did not die in the film. A film citation. The restaurant owner Lila (magnificently performed by Jaqueline Bisset), says to Aaron who had fled to her from a "healing camp" of the Mormons:

"Your church likes neither alcohol nor homosexuality. I will not joined in. I cannot imagine the heaven without both".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AdamKane

Aug 27, 2008
✟1,316.00
Marital Status
Private
The movie is British. It is a science fiction film. It is about eight astronauts who are sent on a mission to restart the Sun before the Earth freezes to death. The mission is successful in restarting the Sun, although all of the astronauts die painful, gruesome and lonely deaths.

The movie is so well made. The camera work, the directing and production are awesome! The acting is amazing and very touching. The soundtrack is haunting, beautiful and epic. The soundtrack is written by the great John Murphy. The following is my favorite part of the soundtrack. It is called "Surface Of The Sun". There is one part that the movie would actually be better without. However, the rest of the movie more than made up for it.

YouTube - Sunshine Soundtrack "John Murphy - The Surface Of The Sun"

Last edited:
Upvote 0