The most christian(ish) anime you've seen?

night2day

Sola Scriptura~Sola Gratia~Sola Fide
Aug 18, 2004
Home
Visit site
✟2,758.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
issa said:
is there anywhere i can get a summary of this thread? and maybe recommended links for the animes recommended?

I think the "Tread Tools" (located under "<page> of <page>" allows one to download the thread for offline reading.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Buzz Dixon

Aug 25, 2004
Los Angeles
✟1,184.00
Faith
Christian
I just got vol. 5 of the AZUMANGA DAIOH animes, and there's a very brief scene at the beginning of the last episode on the disc that hints Tomo and Kagura might be Christians. The two have bowed their heads and are praying over their food at lunch time; however, it's immediately clear this is a competition between them to see who can say the prayer fastest.

The prayer is not specifically Christian, just a general "thanks for the food" sort of thing.

So, does anybody know if (a) either or both of them are supposed to be Christian? (b) do Buddhists prayer in this manner before eating? (c) is this just another one of their dumb contests and they're just going through the motions?

Upvote 0

yusuke urameshi

exorcist
Mar 31, 2004
okinawa
✟482.00
Faith
Taoist
Buzz Dixon said:
I just got vol. 5 of the AZUMANGA DAIOH animes, and there's a very brief scene at the beginning of the last episode on the disc that hints Tomo and Kagura might be Christians. The two have bowed their heads and are praying over their food at lunch time; however, it's immediately clear this is a competition between them to see who can say the prayer fastest.

The prayer is not specifically Christian, just a general "thanks for the food" sort of thing.

So, does anybody know if (a) either or both of them are supposed to be Christian? (b) do Buddhists prayer in this manner before eating? (c) is this just another one of their dumb contests and they're just going through the motions?
actually there are alot of religions that bow heads and give thanx 4 food. but since it's anime and they're not praying to any specific spirit, i think they
might be budist. alot of japan is budist

and yes it might also be just another odd contest. :wave:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

wandering_paladin

Oct 14, 2004
✟310.00
Faith
Kinda surprised no one mentioned Hellsing... I mean, you have Paladin Anderson (Vatican assassin sent out to kill vampires, seen in my avatar) running around throwing blessed swords that never seem to run out, then you have Alucard using blessed guns/bullets, and the whole of the Hellsing organization is based upon faith in battle, so I'd say it fits here.

Ah, and don't forget the Hellsing prayer!!

"In the name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal damnation. Amen."

Upvote 0
Oct 22, 2004
in a house in MO
✟131.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Yea, but the whole vampire thing and the gore of the show....i think that japanese use christianity for an "exotic" flavor to their show. trigun has wolfwood the priest and his cross of mercy...how "take up the cross" can you get...and X has alot of messiah and cross references too...again not very "christian" in doctrine or in the theme...more just for the "american feel" i think

Upvote 0