The most christian(ish) anime you've seen?

ThePhoenix

Aug 12, 2003
✟5,476.00
Faith
Christian
Perceivence said:
ThePhoenix

Is that so?

So it's not possible that I, uhm, forgot whether it was confirmed or not?

I saw the show in its orginal form...with english subtitles.
Then you didn't see the show. Subs are rarely worth anything, especially if THAT wasn't clear.

Perceivence said:
That's just denial. Subaru and Seiishirou are presented as a homosexual couple as plain as the dawn...and I doubt that close friends are as suggestive and Fuuma and Kamui.

Trust me. I've tried rationalising against it, but realised that that's just purposefully missing the real meaning.
Hmm, those two? Interesting, that never even occured to me. Guess I really just don't look for these things.

Perceivence said:
That can be easily rationalised. Just look at when Tolkien wrote it and the other context surrounding it.

X is different.
I meant the movie. I mean Frodo and Sam all but kiss in the third movie, ditto for the other two hobbits.

Upvote 0

craig_on_fire

On a quest to get 100% health
Feb 7, 2004
Thornton Heath, Surrey, UK
Visit site
✟15,821.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Single
Wow Looks like I set up a whole mine field with the whole X is thing...

I wasn't saying it was a christian anime but itripped off some christian concepts ie Kotori dying on a cross... the whole angels and seals thing... Yes the story in itself and the characters I must admit are not christian and if you really want to go there then I guess homosexual references could be made to 2 of the characters....(Subaru and Seishiro)

I'm sorry that I offended some of you.

Upvote 0

SAint Mark

Jesus Freak
Dec 19, 2003
Sweden
Visit site
✟8,336.00
Faith
Christian
ozanaki tori said:
hmm..actually, the Japanese executed people on crosses. I mean, that was their means of execution. On a cross, then stabbed in certan points.

Really? I did not know that! Since when and for how long? In what time period, please give me dates.

Upvote 0

taboo

Post Fiend
Feb 18, 2004
texas
Visit site
✟1,456.00
Faith
Christian
i dont know if anybody else said this, but im cutting and pasting from another post of mine which just seemed to fit here. ^_~

Hey, there is a christian anime, its called SUPERBOOK. http://www.toonarific.com/s/Superbook.html its an 80s oldskool anime about some kids getting suked into the bible. (its the only old anime i like, wierdly...)

and dont forget the FLYING HOUSE. lol, made by the same people in the same time period.. http://www.toonarific.com/f/flyinghouse.html

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SAint Mark

Jesus Freak
Dec 19, 2003
Sweden
Visit site
✟8,336.00
Faith
Christian
So was this form of execution an especially dishonourable one? I always thought they commited seppoku or something (stabbing themselves in the stomach while someone cuts your head of for you... the honourable way to go... :D). So if they didn't want to or weren't offered that choice were they cricified instead? I don't actually know a lot about Japanese history so I'm just wondering.

Upvote 0

Lucent

For the Birds
Mar 3, 2004
Texas
✟622.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
SAint Mark said:
So was this form of execution an especially dishonourable one? I always thought they commited seppoku or something (stabbing themselves in the stomach while someone cuts your head of for you... the honourable way to go... :D). So if they didn't want to or weren't offered that choice were they cricified instead? I don't actually know a lot about Japanese history so I'm just wondering.

Ritual suicide (seppuku), was typically reserved for samurai types. They were the only ones who really had honor in the eyes of the Japanese.

Those of lower classes didn't have the right to have an honorable death, so they were killed however the warlord/shogun/samurai they ticked off wanted. Apparently for a long time they wanted to crucify people. I'm not really familiar with the crucifictions in Japan.

That's the short answer for hororable deaths, anyway. Hope that helps.

Upvote 0
Update on Seppuku - They not only stab themselves in the stomach, but they angle the blade upward into their heart as much as possible.

And back on topic - OnePiece is an awsome show, and there aren't any negative views expressed in the show, other than the Devil Fruits. Many people in the show come across a devil fruit, and they give them a specific ability, for example luffy, the main character, eats the Gomu Gomu (Rubber) fruit. It gives him the ability to stretch like Mr. Fantastic but he has to fling his arm to throw it, he cant just go, EXTEND NOW! he needs proper momentum to stretch anywhere. Oh yes, once you've eaten a fruit, you sink like a rock in water. And another thing, Luffy wants to be the greatest Pirate ever, in a world of great fearsome pirates. Check it out! Its suuuuper funny! But theres a downside for the illiterate. It's in Japanese, and there isn't any distribution of it in the States, no liscensing, just fansubs.

I personally don't mind fansubs, there the best kind of sub, and subs are usually better than the english voice actors anyhow ^_^

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

PistGurl

aahhh.....I love her>
Dec 30, 2003
Sheffield
✟519.00
Faith
Pagan
alliedone said:
X has been licesned so you won't get them. All the ones that I've mentioned before are licensed as well...sorry....Try going to see if you can maybe rent them or something. Or you can try do to a trade with someone on other forums for them. Cheers

Hey, I'm baaaack...oh no, anyway
I haven't read any of the posts made after this, so I don't know what's been said..sorry if I'm treading on toes or anything...but HMV in England now sell this, I think it's 25 pound was it? Can't remember, took the price off

Anyway, it is pretty christian, and as I was flicking the screen to the reply screen, I saw the next post said something about it being evil or something (using the word evil, cos I really only got a split second look at it, and I don't know) but even if it wasn't meant to be like this, I'm sure that it doesn't matter, cos it is a really powerful ________ (place word here lol) that portrays the way people feel about the afterlife, the world as it has been lent to us, and the things some people want to do with it to please the God/thing/idea they believe in most.
I don't know how anyone else feels about this but that's how I felt...

Upvote 0
Kareshi Kanojou no Jijou (His and Her Circumstances)
Definitely one of the cleanest, and simply put, most beautiful animes I have ever seen. It focuses on the inner beings of the characters, reflects on their individuality, and is a most wonderful representation of love, friendship, and the things that really matter in life.

Samurai X
Despite some of the violence, the underlying principles are those of attonement, bravery, courage, repentance, love, and renewal. It holds true to what is good, and there is a definite contrast between good and evil.

There are a few others, but these stand out in my mind most boldly.

Upvote 0

Hitokiri Shadow

Apr 5, 2004
Texas
✟1,274.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I agree with Nijii Iro. I have not seen Samurai X, but I love Rurouni Kenshin. Although it is sometimes violent, there is little swearing and I don't believe there is any nudity (exept when people are bathing, and you cannot see anything).

Rurouni Kenshin is Christian in both content and its messages. For example, "suicide is not the answer."

Upvote 0