The misunderstood Book of James & parsing the covenants.

OldAbramBrown

Jul 4, 2023
England
✟22,720.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Any scriptures that support Jesus making statements about grafting in gentiles would be appreciated.
The Syrian woman who made much of her official difference in religious status in front of an audience mainly of Hebrew religious authorities. Also, constant reference to the prophets. Even the Law said "collect for him who has none".

Dispensationism arose from fear that legalists had suppressed the Spirit (which they had). But, dispensationists copied the legalists in suppressing the Spirit also.

Believers who believe that Scripture has meanings (non fundamentalists) are not necessarily legalists. Meanwhile most legalists have become pretend dispensationists.

It's a mess. Take time to untangle it all when thinking of posting more.

Upvote 0

BrotherJJ

Jul 23, 2019
North America
✟167,213.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The Syrian woman who made much of her official difference in religious status in front of an audience mainly of Hebrew religious authorities. Also, constant reference to the prophets. Even the Law said "collect for him who has none".

Dispensationism arose from fear that legalists had suppressed the Spirit (which they had). But, dispensationists copied the legalists in suppressing the Spirit also.

Believers who believe that Scripture has meanings (non fundamentalists) are not necessarily legalists. Meanwhile most legalists have become pretend dispensationists.

It's a mess. Take time to untangle it all when thinking of posting more.
Nothing here helped with my question.

Upvote 0

Doran

Oct 4, 2022
Lantana, FL
✟53,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
More of the same OT Jeremiah verses written to whom? > The house of Judah & the house of Israel! Not gentiles! More out of context misrepresentations. Of course the Acts 15 cited stops short of the FACTS!

Acts 15:24 Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment:
(MY NOTE: Mosaic Law adherents made false claims that gentiles needed to get circumcised & keep Mosaic law. The verse is CLEAR: THERE WAS NEVER ANY SUCH COMMANDMENT GIVEN TO THEM!)

Mosaic law Israel ONLY!

Ex 19:
3 God, spoke to Moses saying, Thus shalt thou "say to the house of Jacob" "and tell the children of Israel";
(MY NOTE: God tells Moses, say to: The house of Jacob/children of Israel! Gentiles had/have NO PART in this law covenant)

7 And Moses came and called for the elders of the people, and laid before their faces all these words which the Lord commanded him.
(MY NOTE: The Law of Moses was given to: The house of Jacob/children of Israel ONLY (reread vs 3)

8 And all the people answered together, and said, All that the Lord hath spoken we will do. And Moses returned the words of the people unto the Lord.
(MY NOTE: When Moses gives the law : To the house of Jacob/children of Israel ONLY: They ALL AGREED, to the words the Lord had spoken)

Gentiles never were & aren't now, under Mosaic law

Col 2:
13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;
(MY NOTE: Dead in sin & uncircumcised. Yet, Quickened/made spiritually alive, born from above by FAITH having ALL sins FORGIVEN!)

14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
(MY NOTE: The handwriting of ordinances = Is the law: "Do this and thou shalt live", "the soul that sinneth, shall die". Sin & its judgment is the failure to do our part that "stands against us". A penalty & payment is required for the failure.

Written to believers (Col 1:2). Verse 14 states Christ's once for all time, sin atoning God blood payment: Blotted out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us [blotted out, took away the legal penalties/judgments contained/required/levied for sin & nailed to His cross! < Past Tense/DONE DEAL!

By paying sins required price/DEATH & blotting out the handwriting of ordinances. The believers burden to pay sin debt owed has been lifted/removed/PAID in full. Solely on the merit of Jesus one time sin payment. Every believer receives a full sin pardon. Jesus took all their judgment bought & paid for every sin they owed, death included.
Right on, brother, right on! Good post. :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0