United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
This one happened yesterday.

I woke up yesterday morning around 3:30 coughing. The smoke was so thick from our local forest fires that my sinus were plugged and my throat was burning from the smoke. I asked God to please make my throat stop burning and open up my sinuses. Then I realized that was a really selfish prayer as there are a lot of other people in this area with breathing problems. I have a brother-in-law who has lung cancer from getting vaccinated. The doctors have told him the tops of his lungs look like popcorn. He lives about 40 miles from us so I asked God to lift the smoke there too and said it would be a really good thing if we would get some rain. Within a few minutes I could smell fresh air and the smoke lifted all day long. We hadn't been able to see the sky for days. By mid afternoon I could see the sky. The greatest thing about about all this is we didn't even have a breeze. The air was still.

When my wife got home from work I asked her if she had talked to her brother and she said yes. I then asked her how he was doing with his breathing. She said he was doing good. Then I asked her about the wind down there and she said there wasn't any.

Oh, one more thing. I asked God for s good soaking rain to put out our local fires and it;s been raining since around 4 this morning. A good soaking rain. Not hard but steady.. Just what I asked for.

God is soooo god, His love for us is beyond our wildest imagination..

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,090.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This one happened yesterday.

I woke up yesterday morning around 3:30 coughing. The smoke was so thick from our local forest fires that my sinus were plugged and my throat was burning from the smoke. I asked God to please make my throat stop burning and open up my sinuses. Then I realized that was a really selfish prayer as there are a lot of other people in this area with breathing problems. I have a brother-in-law who has lung cancer from getting vaccinated. The doctors have told him the tops of his lungs look like popcorn. He lives about 40 miles from us so I asked God to lift the smoke there too and said it would be a really good thing if we would get some rain. Within a few minutes I could smell fresh air and the smoke lifted all day long. We hadn't been able to see the sky for days. By mid afternoon I could see the sky. The greatest thing about about all this is we didn't even have a breeze. The air was still.

When my wife got home from work I asked her if she had talked to her brother and she said yes. I then asked her how he was doing with his breathing. She said he was doing good. Then I asked her about the wind down there and she said there wasn't any.

Oh, one more thing. I asked God for s good soaking rain to put out our local fires and it;s been raining since around 4 this morning. A good soaking rain. Not hard but steady.. Just what I asked for.

God is soooo god, His love for us is beyond our wildest imagination..
Amen and praise the Lord!

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I have another story of a miracle from a couple of weeks ago. My stepdaughter has been married to a very abusive guy since she was 17, She's now in her late 40's. He has absolutely destroyed life and done massive amounts of damage to her emotionally; He has also destroyed the lives of their six kids. He has caused my stepdaughter, Missy, to hate both me and her mother and done the same with his daughters. The level of antipathy they hold towards her and me is amazing.

A couple of weeks was the day my wife's family buried the ashes of my mother=in-law. I'd been praying for all of them for months and God impressed me that this was the day to start to break down the barriers. He did it too. A granddaughter who has hated me for years because of her father's abuse became friendly to me again. The same with my stepdaughter. God gave me the right words ro say at the right time and He reached her heart.

My wife was really mad that I wanted to go eat dinner with them as she thought my presence would infuriate them but I insisted and we finally went. She was yelling at me all the way to the airbnb house and I just kept telling her God was going to work miracles. I finally got her to agree that God is capable working huge miracles and then she calmed down a little. She didn't think they would even let us into the house, but we got there and just walked right in. It was tense but things became less so little by little and within two hours I had my stepdaughter smiling and chuckling about me gently teasing her about all her grand babies and kids.

God is really good. He loves us with an everlasting love and draws us with everlasting kindness.

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,090.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have another story of a miracle from a couple of weeks ago. My stepdaughter has been married to a very abusive guy since she was 17, She's now in her late 40's. He has absolutely destroyed life and done massive amounts of damage to her emotionally; He has also destroyed the lives of their six kids. He has caused my stepdaughter, Missy, to hate both me and her mother and done the same with his daughters. The level of antipathy they hold towards her and me is amazing.

A couple of weeks was the day my wife's family buried the ashes of my mother=in-law. I'd been praying for all of them for months and God impressed me that this was the day to start to break down the barriers. He did it too. A granddaughter who has hated me for years because of her father's abuse became friendly to me again. The same with my stepdaughter. God gave me the right words ro say at the right time and He reached her heart.

My wife was really mad that I wanted to go eat dinner with them as she thought my presence would infuriate them but I insisted and we finally went. She was yelling at me all the way to the airbnb house and I just kept telling her God was going to work miracles. I finally got her to agree that God is capable working huge miracles and then she calmed down a little. She didn't think they would even let us into the house, but we got there and just walked right in. It was tense but things became less so little by little and within two hours I had my stepdaughter smiling and chuckling about me gently teasing her about all her grand babies and kids.

God is really good. He loves us with an everlasting love and draws us with everlasting kindness.
Amen, and praise the Lord! He is able to do great things!

Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟793,557.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
Fantastic answers to prayer. Thanks for sharing. (BTW I don't think it was selfish praying for yourself in your first post - you weren't only praying for yourself. You thought of others too. :))

Upvote 0