Aug 14, 2003
Visit site
✟16,028.00
Faith
Christian
Dear Daily Message Readers,

Dear Daily Message Readers,

READ: Verses below

As part of my requirements for a class at seminary, I had to read the entire book of Psalms. I wanted to meet my goal of doing this straight through. It was a rollercoaster of emotion as the psalmists cried out to God and saw miraculous answers.

One of the main themes of the book of Psalms is God’s sovereignty. I have chosen several verses I underlined in my personal Bible. I pray that the Lord would use these verses in your life today to remind you of His supremacy over all and in all things.

Psalm 47:2 “For the sovereign LORD is awe-inspiring; he is the great king who rules the whole earth!”

Psalm 68:19-20 “The Lord deserves praise! Day after day he carries our burden, the God who delivers us. (Selah) 20 Our God is a God who delivers; the LORD, the sovereign Lord, can rescue from death.”

Psalm 71:14-19 “As for me, I will wait continually, and will continue to praise you. 15 I will tell about your justice, and all day long proclaim your salvation, though I cannot fathom its full extent. 16 I will come and tell about the mighty acts of the sovereign LORD. I will proclaim your justice– yours alone. 17 O God, you have taught me since I was young, and I am still declaring your amazing deeds. 18 Even when I am old and gray, O God, do not abandon me, until I tell the next generation about your strength, and those coming after me about your power. 19 Your justice, O God, extends to the skies above; you have done great things. O God, who can compare to you?”

Psalm 73:23 - 74:1 "24 You guide me by your wise advice, and then you will lead me to a position of honor. 25 Whom do I have in heaven but you? I desire no one but you on earth. 26 My flesh and my heart may grow weak, but God always protects my heart and gives me stability. 27 Yes, look! Those far from you die; you destroy everyone who is unfaithful to you. 28 But as for me, God's presence is all I need. I have made the sovereign LORD my shelter, as I declare all the things you have done.”

Psalm 89:6-8 “For who in the skies can compare to the LORD? Who is like the LORD among the heavenly beings, 7 a God who is honored in the great angelic assembly, and more awesome than all who surround him? 8 O LORD, sovereign God! Who is strong like you, O LORD? Your faithfulness surrounds you.”

Faith Lesson: The message of the Psalms is that God created the universe, He rules it, and reveals Himself in it.

In Christ,
Darin Smith

Reactions: Tarika