The Media wants you to think the sex scandal is a “Catholic Thing” – oh really, read this report...

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,675,041.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
...on Protestant Denominations

GENERAL PROTESTANT REPORT

A withering report on sexual abuse and cover-up in the Southern Baptist Convention, the largest Protestant denomination in the U.S.

A viral video in which a woman confronts her pastor at an independent Christian church for sexually preying on her when she was a teen.

A TV documentary exposing sex abuse of children in Amish and Mennonite communities. You might call it #ChurchToo 2.0.

Survivors of sexual assault in church settings and their advocates have been calling on churches for years to admit the extent of abuse in their midst and to implement reforms. In 2017 that movement acquired the hashtag #ChurchToo, derived from the wider #MeToo movement, which called out sexual predators in many sectors of society.

In recent weeks #ChurchToo has seen an especially intense set of revelations across denominations and ministries, reaching vast audiences in headlines and on screen with a message that activists have long struggled to get across.

“For us it’s just confirmation of what we’ve been saying all these years,” said Jimmy Hinton, an advocate for abuse survivors and a Church of Christ minister in Somerset, Pennsylvania. “There is an absolute epidemic of abuse in the church, in religious spaces.”

Read the full story

SOUTHERN BAPTIST CONVENTION REPORT

Continued below.
The Media wants you to think the sex scandal is a "Catholic Thing" - oh really, read this report on Protestant Denominations – Defenders of the Catholic Faith

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟145,684.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Whether by Catholics or non Catholics, sexual scandals hurt the Body of Christ.
Yes, but too many people make it exclusively Catholic when it happens at an equal rate in essentially every setting in which there are people in a position of power over others.

• Agree
Reactions: Erose
Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟441,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
In the secular world it's 25% of children. 1 in 4 unless that number increased.
As i have stated before, although present, it's lowest in Catholic Churches.
It's in schools, camps, youth groups of any kind...
Anywhere children get together, even parents of your kids friends.
Even people dating who have children.

• Agree
Reactions: Erose
Upvote 0

Erose

Jul 2, 2010
✟67,781.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This is what happens to a society that is over-sexed and over-inappropriate contented exposed. People want to stick their heads in the ground and pretend it is other people's problems, instead it is everybody's problem. IMO the biggest location that this abuse happens is at our schools, but how often do you hear about? Not very often. Why do you ask? Schools are doing the exact same thing that the leadership in Catholic Church was accused of: Moving predators around to another school.

I remember when I was in high school, it became known that a certain PE coach got caught having relations with multiple students. That PE coach disappeared. We all thought they he either got fired, and/or arrested for molesting kids. Nope. About a year later, I seen him at another school in the same parish, still coaching. He just got moved. I was told later by a fellow that I graduated with that became a teacher, that he heard that this man had been caught multiple times at multiple schools, and still they just moved him to the next one.

So, IMO either the leadership of these organizations don't really think it is that bad, or something is seriously wrong with our institutions that these predators have learned to manipulate to get away with this crap year after year.

I really don't see why parents do not take this to the police anyway, or if it was my kids, I would handle it. Why think that the church or school will handle the situation and they are the best to handle the situation? Makes no sense to me whatsoever.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟441,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
This is what happens to a society that is over-sexed and over-inappropriate contented exposed. People want to stick their heads in the ground and pretend it is other people's problems, instead it is everybody's problem. IMO the biggest location that this abuse happens is at our schools, but how often do you hear about? Not very often. Why do you ask? Schools are doing the exact same thing that the leadership in Catholic Church was accused of: Moving predators around to another school.

I remember when I was in high school, it became known that a certain PE coach got caught having relations with multiple students. That PE coach disappeared. We all thought they he either got fired, and/or arrested for molesting kids. Nope. About a year later, I seen him at another school in the same parish, still coaching. He just got moved. I was told later by a fellow that I graduated with that became a teacher, that he heard that this man had been caught multiple times at multiple schools, and still they just moved him to the next one.

So, IMO either the leadership of these organizations don't really think it is that bad, or something is seriously wrong with our institutions that these predators have learned to manipulate to get away with this crap year after year.

I really don't see why parents do not take this to the police anyway, or if it was my kids, I would handle it. Why think that the church or school will handle the situation and they are the best to handle the situation? Makes no sense to me whatsoever.
In the 60s-70s and even 80s they didn't acknowledge it a mental illness. Probably not even as a crime.
I knew a girl in high school who thought she was in love with the pedophile [who was married] but she adored him. SHE would not be a witness against as none of his child [teen] dalliances would.

Now when caught, you are documented and if you did not serve time, you won't be working with children anyway.

Upvote 0