Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Even Francis, as "inclusive" as he is, doesn't condone this "gender-fluidity" nonsense, and neither does the Archdiocese of Denver, apparently:

Catholic archdiocese defends policy to not admit children who reject their biological sex | Fox News

Some snippets from the article:

article said:
"A Catholic school cannot affirm a student's identity as transgender, gender-nonconforming, non-binary, gender-fluid, gender-queer, or any other term that rejects the reality of the student's given male or female sexual identity; any asserted identity that rejects the reality of biological sex is incompatible with Christian anthropology"

Absolutely correct. You are what God made you, and anything else you try to be is both outside of His design, and gravely deluded.

article said:
Sally Odenheimer, a former Catholic who left the faith over differences of belief on LGBT issues, told the Denver Post, "I felt if I was staying in the church, that meant I was supporting their ideology, but in order for things to change, I have to be involved."

You would have been better off to stay away. Instead of changing yourself to follow God, you demand that His Church change to fit your agendas. It doesn't work that way.

article said:
"People are leaving in droves.

Let them leave. As harsh as it may sound, it's probably the best for everyone. If you don't want to conform to the Church, then regrettably, it's probably best for you to leave.

article said:
I came back because they are not going to win. There are more of us who do not agree with them, and we will not let them do this," she continued.

Why would anybody want to remain in a religious body that they so vehemently disagree with? Leave. Form your own church ("The Sexually Liberated and Gender Elective Church"?), elect your own pope, make your own rules. Let everybody who's leaving the Catholic Church join yours. According to you, there shouldn't be any shortage of new members.

article said:
One critic of the archdiocese, Tricia Williams, told the Denver Post that the church was "hurting people" and "separating them from God" by following the policies.

Balderdash. If they're being hurt, they are hurting themselves because they adamantly refuse to repent and conform. And nobody is separating them from God. Again, they're doing that to themselves.

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟440,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Even Francis, as "inclusive" as he is, doesn't condone this "gender-fluidity" nonsense, and neither does the Archdiocese of Denver, apparently:

Catholic archdiocese defends policy to not admit children who reject their biological sex | Fox News

Some snippets from the article:

Absolutely correct. You are what God made you, and anything else you try to be is both outside of His design, and gravely deluded.

You would have been better off to stay away. Instead of changing yourself to follow God, you demand that His Church change to fit your agendas. It doesn't work that way.

Let them leave. As harsh as it may sound, it's probably the best for everyone. If you don't want to conform to the Church, then regrettably, it's probably best for you to leave.

Why would anybody want to remain in a religious body that they so vehemently disagree with? Leave. Form your own church ("The Sexually Liberated and Gender Elective Church"?), elect your own pope, make your own rules. Let everybody who's leaving the Catholic Church join yours. According to you, there shouldn't be any shortage of new members.

Balderdash. If they're being hurt, they are hurting themselves because they adamantly refuse to repent and conform. And nobody is separating them from God. Again, they're doing that to themselves.
:crossrc:

• Prayers
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟476,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Form your own church ("The Sexually Liberated and Gender Elective Church"?),

Actually that was the origin of the Metropolitan Community Church, whose largest parish, in a sign of how messed up things have become, the Cathedral of Hope in Dallas (a Cathedral that never had a bishop), joined the mainline United Church of Christ.

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟276,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Actually that was the origin of the Metropolitan Community Church, whose largest parish, in a sign of how messed up things have become, the Cathedral of Hope in Dallas (a Cathedral that never had a bishop), joined the mainline United Church of Christ.

Yeah, there's one like that in Grand Rapids, Michigan; it's called the Fountain Street Church. The organization bought a beautiful old brick church, built in 1869 by the Baptists, and proceeded to turn it into an "anything goes" type "open" congregation where you can believe whatever you like, just as long as it's not orthodox Christian, politically conservative, or morally sound. Back when I was living in Grand Rapids, it was known primarily as a "gay" church, but they champion all of the other usual causes as well: abortion, transgenderism, you name it. They sell tickets to just about every left-wing event you can think of; one of their big ones is Pride, the local "gay rights" group.

I was walking down the street one day when I was attending a community college that's in the same general area; I was on my way to the Catholic Information Center chapel, run by the Paulists, for a noon Mass between classes. Some guy in a rainbow shirt approached me and handed me a flyer about some event at the Fountain Street Church; he started in about a membership drive and their "commitment to inclusiveness and diversity", and I simply reached into my shirt, hauled out my crucifix and a saint's medal, and said, "Thanks, but I'm already affiliated; I'm a Catholic."

The reaction was similar to what you'd expect by throwing holy water on a vampire: the guy recoiled, his face twisted into a grimace of distaste, and he actually took two or three steps backwards, as if I might have had some sort of airborne communicable disease. He never said a word, and I just smiled and left. He stood there and watched me walk away with an expression on his face like he was experiencing a disgustingly foul smell.

Which I knew couldn't have been true, because I had just taken a shower that morning, and put on clean clothing. :)

Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0