The Losing Weight Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nom De Guerre

Who amongst you doesn't see life as permanent?
May 6, 2005
Location, Location.
✟39,609.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
If you've got a plan to lose a few pounds, a new set of exercises you want to share, or want a little extra encouragement then this is the place for you!

This thread is not for debate, so if you want to discuss the 'wrongness' of anything posted in here please take it to a private conversation; otherwise, if you're offering constructive criticism and being civil then it is welcome here.

LadyOfMystery

Heart of Gold
Mar 25, 2007
North Carolina
✟279,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Awesome thread :thumbsup: As a lot of y'all know I've been trying to get on track and lose weight. The past few weeks I've ate less and exercised more, but I caught a picture of myself yesterday and I have to be honest I was really upset over it. It's not made me want to give up on exercising and whatnot, but made me more determined to get back on track. :wave:

Upvote 0

Rose of Eden

Queen of CF and Child of God
Sep 22, 2010
Florida
Visit site
✟22,366.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Awesome thread :thumbsup: As a lot of y'all know I've been trying to get on track and lose weight. The past few weeks I've ate less and exercised more, but I caught a picture of myself yesterday and I have to be honest I was really upset over it. It's not made me want to give up on exercising and whatnot, but made me more determined to get back on track. :wave:

Ohhhh pictures can be VERY motivating to get back on track! ^_^ I recently saw a picture of myself at my heaviest (which was about a year and half to two years ago) and it made me cringe and scream in horror! :noooo: But it was VERY motivating and made me get back on track again!

I need to be more consistent with working out and being active. I'm seriously considering trying to push myself to get up extra early and do all of that first thing in the morning (even though it'll be VERY difficult because I'm not a morning person AT ALL haha!). And maybe I need to try again to find a tennis buddy. I really miss playing tennis, but I have no one to play with. :(

Upvote 0

LadyOfMystery

Heart of Gold
Mar 25, 2007
North Carolina
✟279,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Ohhhh pictures can be VERY motivating to get back on track! ^_^ I recently saw a picture of myself at my heaviest (which was about a year and half to two years ago) and it made me cringe and scream in horror! :noooo: But it was VERY motivating and made me get back on track again!

I need to be more consistent with working out and being active. I'm seriously considering trying to push myself to get up extra early and do all of that first thing in the morning (even though it'll be VERY difficult because I'm not a morning person AT ALL haha!). And maybe I need to try again to find a tennis buddy. I really miss playing tennis, but I have no one to play with. :(
Amen. lol :hug: If you ever need an encouragement buddy just PM me. I'm sure we'll both need it. haha

In 3 weeks I'll be around some family I havent seen in quite some time and I'm really wanting to lose some weight before that time.

Anyway! I do feel better because I have been eating less, and I don't feel like I'm missing out on food.

Upvote 0

SweetDee

I solemnly swear I am up to no good.
Jul 13, 2010
Hogwarts
✟22,875.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I started a life style change back in January. I lost a total of 35 pounds and even though I had more to lose, I was happy that I was at the weight I was in high school. And then contempt and laziness set in. I gained back all but 5 pounds of that weight that I worked so hard in losing. I talk to my aunt for encouragement here and there. Three years ago she started weight watchers. She has now lost a total 165 pounds since then. She said that every day was an obstacle. There were no days that were easy. She even went a whole year with only losing 6 pounds. Anytime she messed up in eating something that she shouldn't have, she always told herself, 'I'll do better at the next meal'. Saying 'next meal' instead of 'I'll do better tomorrow' helped her a lot. That way the whole day wasn't blown just because of one bad decision. I am determined to get my act back together and get back on track! I worked out yesterday and today and plan on getting up a little early tomorrow and doing some light workout before work...if the good Lord can help me drag my body out of bed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Wren

Dec 19, 2006
PNW
✟33,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I still want to lose 10-20 pounds, but I'm not overly concerned about it. I'm about 100 pounds down from my top weight and have kept it off for about a year now. My main issue is making sure I get enough cardio exercise. When it's icy cold or muggy out (like now and the rest of this week, possibly the rest of the summer), it's difficult to get myself doing my walks (with a little running thrown in). I really wish I had an elliptical (or a treadmill, though I'd rather have an elliptical) to work out on at home. I still do my strength training exercises 3 days a week, though.

I have successfully stayed away from sweets since the end of April and am reasonably well at watching my calorie/portion intake.

I'm so glad that we have another thread like this. I'm praying for all who post about trying to lose weight (or just improve their fitness level) in this thread.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Nom De Guerre

May 6, 2005
Location, Location.
✟39,609.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I believe every one of you can achieve your goals and more, I know I need a little extra encouragement to push myself down 10-15 pounds; I also need to work on very specific areas of my body as prep-work for next May's boot-camp. Prayers and blessings <3

Upvote 0

MehTeh

Veteran
Nov 30, 2010
✟15,546.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Injuries, laziness and illness have slowed me down recently.

But for those who want to do some running I have to recommend the Couch to 5k Plan
, it is making a huge difference in how fit I am. I'm about to start adding some resistance work (because muscle requires energy) and I'm trying to decide if I should do something fun like the 100 pushup program (and variants) or just write my own program. I wouldn't mind having beach muscles, I've never had beach muscles just amazing legs.

Reactions: SweetDee
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MehTeh

Veteran
Nov 30, 2010
✟15,546.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I believe every one of you can achieve your goals and more, I know I need a little extra encouragement to push myself down 10-15 pounds; I also need to work on very specific areas of my body as prep-work for next May's boot-camp. Prayers and blessings <3

What areas are you working on?

Upvote 0

Nom De Guerre

May 6, 2005
Location, Location.
✟39,609.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Injuries, laziness and illness have slowed me down recently.

But for those who want to do some running I have to recommend the Couch to 5k Plan
, it is making a huge difference in how fit I am. I'm about to start adding some resistance work (because muscle requires energy) and I'm trying to decide if I should do something fun like the 100 pushup program (and variants) or just write my own program. I wouldn't mind having beach muscles, I've never had beach muscles just amazing legs.

Those programs are both great! :D I recommend them for sure. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
M

MarkSB

I still want to lose 10-20 pounds, but I'm not overly concerned about it. I'm about 100 pounds down from my top weight and have kept it off for about a year now. My main issue is making sure I get enough cardio exercise. When it's icy cold or muggy out (like now and the rest of this week, possibly the rest of the summer), it's difficult to get myself doing my walks (with a little running thrown in). I really wish I had an elliptical (or a treadmill, though I'd rather have an elliptical) to work out on at home.

I hear you on the muggy thing. I haven't been on a steady workout schedule for over a year, and about a month ago I started jogging 2-3 times a week. I wanted to go today but, like you say, its like 90 degrees and humid. It's supposed to be better out this weekend though, or so they say.

It is really nice being able to do cardio indoors. My brother has a stationary bike that he let me use for a while and it was great. Normally I just like lifting weights and I'm not too into cardio but I like how the cardio helps my endurance, and it makes me feel alot better.

Once full time school starts up again I don't know if I'll be able to keep up an exercise schedule, but we'll see.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.