The Losing Weight Thread (2)

PinkSweetart

Robots and rainbows, magic and mischief! ;)
Jan 27, 2008
:) <--- This smiley likes you.
✟34,095.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
*BUMP*

I know a lot of us really don't want to be thinking of fitness during the Holidays, but I figured that was more of a reason to bump the thread. :p

This morning I ran 3 1/2 miles. Mon-Fri I run that amounts sometimes alternating between 2 and 4 miles. It depends on the day I'm having. :p There are days when I'm so tired I can barely push myself to do a mile and a half.

Anyway... so as far as weight loss goes, I have lost nothing. :doh: It's so extremely frustrating. And this morning I was so down about it. I haven't really gained anything, but I do fluctuate. I'm guessing that's just water weight and hormones.
I'm thinking of doing another video about my struggles, my journey... and all that jazz.
Anywhobottoms... the reason I am posting is actually because, despite having a negative day today, I realized something. It's December 12!

I'm not sure the exact day, but 2 years ago I decided to change my life. I have happily been able to loose some weight and keep it off for 2 whole years! That was a great reminder for me that I HAVE come a long way, and I should be proud of where I am. I may not be where I want to be yet, but I'm not giving up. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Toro
Upvote 0

Rhye

Legend
Mar 29, 2010
✟43,006.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I took this before and after a few days ago and realized how much more I have toned.
I didn't lose hundreds of pounds and I get when people rolls their eyes at me when I tell them I need to get toned but I work very hard in my fitness and routine. (I sound like I'm being defensive but I guess thats the typical reaction I get from others).

After my back injury it took me many months to feel confident that I could do weights without hurting myself again. I started low but now have increased it a lot more.
With weights, running, walking and now zumba I'm getting there and I love that results. I feel more confident too.

How is everyone else doing?

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟839,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I think I'm losing muscle mass though. I used to be able to lift 400 pounds and the other day I went to lift a 250 pound TV (an old school huge one haha) and it was difficult. I had to attempt it several times. I need to get back into working out.

Upvote 0

Ariadne_GR

Creative Writer
Dec 10, 2010
Freedom
✟16,988.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Politics
AU-Labor
Good work Ethnog.

I am doing well, slow and steady loss. I am not doing any strenuous workouts but have included swimming into my routine and am loving it. Love feeling the change in fitness and clothes fitting me better. I was so mad I had to eat the calories burnt back though, but I found doing the minimal calories per day and then burning off over 400 calories in swimming just left me famished. People can see the difference and all I need to do is feel how my skirts fit to see the change. I am feeling a lot more confident, have 4 kgs left that I want to lose but in no hurry.

Reactions: Rhye
Upvote 0

jaapottery

~Graphed in the vine~
Aug 19, 2012
Wester Drumlins
✟10,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Constitution
I am just going to try to keep up with my walking and dancing, trying to clean my house of most processed food and simple carbs (slow going, I have a lot and haven't cleaned out my cabinets yet) This is my plan for a slow healthy weight loss. Haven't really lost any yet, but I know I will.

Upvote 0

PinkSweetart

Jan 27, 2008
✟34,095.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I took this before and after a few days ago and realized how much more I have toned.
I didn't lose hundreds of pounds and I get when people rolls their eyes at me when I tell them I need to get toned but I work very hard in my fitness and routine. (I sound like I'm being defensive but I guess thats the typical reaction I get from others).

After my back injury it took me many months to feel confident that I could do weights without hurting myself again. I started low but now have increased it a lot more.
With weights, running, walking and now zumba I'm getting there and I love that results. I feel more confident too.

How is everyone else doing?
Ethie, that is REALLY great work. I see a big different. Congratulations and keep up the wonderfully good work. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

ks777

Start singing
May 8, 2009
Other world
✟16,650.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Pictures can be great motivation, we often don't realise any difference in ourselves since it happens so slowly and might get disheartened, but looking back on changes only photos can give us is good motivation to keep going. I don't have many pictures to compare to but I did find an old bicep picture I must have taken for some reason lol.

They aren't toned but they are bigger, more noticeably the forearm. Can't believe I had the audacity to smile in the first picture >_>

21112009012.jpg

img2290g.jpg

They're still pretty wiry but that's what you get when you're 6'4 >_< It's an improvement.

Next year I'll have to bump the thread lol

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PinkSweetart

Jan 27, 2008
✟34,095.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Haven't lost anything or gained. DERP. But I'm taking a weight training class for women, so we shall see how that goes.

Also... I ran a 4-mile mud type race almost a month ago. IT WAS INSANELY FUN! There were so many obstacles, but I made it through them all alive. :D ^_^ It was the funnest race of my life. My next race will be The Color Run!!! :D I hope to get a few more races between then in, but registration is too expensive for a college student haha.

Also, my dad plans to train me how to box after my summer session classes. Hopefully we stick to this plan because I really want to learn. Mostly just want to be fit. :D

Upvote 0