The Lord is...

This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GirdYourLoins

Nov 27, 2016
Brighton, UK
✟122,682.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord God Almighty.

The fact that no one else has put this (unless I missed it) is somewhat surprising. While all the other descriptions given are good and speak of something about the Lord, the only scripture we have of what it is like in heaven tells us that the overwhelming cry of the people in worship is this. To me, it is the essence of who He is. It is how our spirits will react o being in His presence.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,929,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord God Almighty.

The fact that no one else has put this (unless I missed it) is somewhat surprising. While all the other descriptions given are good and speak of something about the Lord, the only scripture we have of what it is like in heaven tells us that the overwhelming cry of the people in worship is this. To me, it is the essence of who He is. It is how our spirits will react o being in His presence.
The word "Holy" was mentioned earlier, but as a grouping with two of His other attributes, and not as it should have been, "Holy, Holy, Holy", so thank you for pointing that out :oldthumbsup: I also agree with you that as single word descriptions of God go, this is the one that is the best/closest description of His "essence".

--David

Upvote 0

Pilgrim

Praying without ceasing
Mar 26, 2017
between the pages of the Bible.
Visit site
✟200,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What or who is the Lord? Answers should be 3 words or less. Thank you. :)
The LORD is my Rock. (Psalms 18:2)

266620_8307833823649dfc35db2487a21aea4f.jpg

Upvote 0